Link

Social

Embed

Download

Download
Download Transcript

[3A. Discuss the SARS-COV-2/COVID-19 event and the City’s efforts against this threat. (60 minutes)]

[00:28:47]

>>> DOES THAT COVER WHAT COMPANIE WE HAVE CONTACTS WITH. SO HOW DO WE MAKE SURE SERVICES

[00:28:57]

THAT PEOPLE ARE PAYING FOR CONTINUE OR ARE WE WORKING WITH CONTRACT COMPANIES TO MAKE SURE

[00:29:02]

THOSE CONVERSATIONS ARE BEING HAD. >> SO IT DOES DETAILED THE

[00:29:09]

RESOURCES AVAILABLE IN TURN 80 DEATHS ETERNALLY SO WE CAN CONTINUE AND WE HAVE IDENTIFIED,

[00:29:19]

IF A DEPARTMENT HEAD IS THERE WHO CAN TAKE OVER THE SPOT. I KNOW GARY HAS BEEN WORKING

[00:29:30]

WITH THE FCC. OBVIOUSLY A LOT OF THAT WILL BE CONTINGENT TO MAKE SURE THEY

HAVE PROPER PLANNING. I BELIEVE THEY HAVE DONE THAT. >> GARY CAN CONTACT ME IF I'M WRONG. WE ARE WORKING WITH COMPANIES TO MAKE SURE THEY CONTINUE TO

PROVIDE SERVICES SO WE CAN DO OUR JOB. >> WHILE WE ARE TRYING TO

FLATTEN THE CURB. >> YES. >> DO YOU HAVE MORE OF A

[00:30:01]

PRESENTATION. >> WE ARE ALSO COORDINATING W WITH.

>> THE LAST THING I WANTED TO MENTION AND IT IS THE IDEA AND HAVE THE PLAN OF GROUPWARE WE ARE MOVING FAST WITH THAT. WE HAVE TAKEN STEPS TO ENSURE WE ARE ABLE TO GET RESOURCES TO THE COMMUNITY. UNDERSTAND WE CAN'T RESPOND BY OURSELVES.

I THINK THE FOCUS RIGHT NOW HAS BEEN TO ENSURE PEOPLE WHO NEED MEALS HAVE MEALS.

AND TAKING CARE OF THE SENIOR POPULATION. WE DO HAVE A WEBSITE THAT WILL BE UP TOMORROW WHERE PEOPLE CAN DONATE, NOT ONLY DONATE MONEY BUT THEIR TIME IF THEY WANT TO VOLUNTEER. WE WILL BE PUSHING MORE OF THAT INFORMATION AS IT BECOMES

AVAILABLE. >> DO YOU HAVE THE WEB ADDRESS YET?

>> I BELIEVE IT IS ROWLETT READY.COM. >> WHILE MY MICROPHONE IS ON I DO HAVE ONE MORE QUESTION ED. THAT IS CONCERNING THE COST AND TRACKING YOU ARE DOING AND THE LOSS OF REVENUE. I AM ASSUMING YOU ARE DOING THAT ACCORDING TO THE FEMA

REIMBURSEMENT PLAN THE SAME WAY WE DID IT FOR THE TORNADO. >> THEY HAVE REVISED THEIR RULES AND FORTUNATELY, CITY LEADERS HAVE ALLOWED ME TOO DEPLOY TO OTHER COMMUNITIES AND I USUALLY HELP COMMUNITIES GO THROUGH THE FINANCIAL PROCESS. THEY PROVIDE A FOUNDATION FOR EFFECTIVE COST TRACKING DURING A DISASTER. WE JUST ADJUST THAT SLIGHTLY.

WE ARE FOLLOWING BEST PRACTICES. I TEND TO BE THE PERSON TO SPEAK ON THAT.

>> REST ASSURED WE ARE DOING EVERYTHING THE RIGHT WAY AND WITH THE LESSONS LEARNED FROM

THE TORNADO. >> IT HAS MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE.

IF YOU AN OUTSTANDING JOB ON THAT. I AM SO GLAD TO SEE THAT YOU ARE

THE PERSON FOR THAT. >> SO ON THE SAME BUT DIFFERENT. CAN YOU TALK TO OUR SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS OUT THERE IN THE COMMUNITY. IN REGARDS TO, IS THERE ANYTHING OUT THERE FROM THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OR STATE GOVERNMENT AND TALK ABOUT, WHAT SHOULD SMALL BUSINESSES DO RIGHT NOW IN REGARDS TO KEEPING TRACK OF THEIR OWN IN CASE WE NEEDED.

>> SO THE SBA IS PROVIDING LOANS. >> LOANS, BUT IT HAS NOT BEEN A MAID TO EVERY COMMUNITY IT IS MORE ON AREAS THAT HAVE THE SIGNIFICANT WIDESPREAD OUTBREAK.

SO THESE ARE OF LOW INTEREST LOANS AND IF THEY ARE MADE AVAILABLE IT IS SOMETHING I WOULD ENCOURAGE BUSINESSES TO PURSUE. IT IS SOMETHING THAT WAS MADE

AVAILABLE AFTER TORNADOES. >> DO YOU THINK THEY WILL HAVE REQUIREMENTS THAT THEY SHOULD PAY ATTENTION TO RIGHT NOW AS FAR AS FINANCIAL HARDSHIPS TO HELP THEM.

IS THERE A REGIONAL QUALIFICATION FOR THAT IN REGARDS TO FINANCIAL HARDSHIP, IF WE ARE SHUTTING DOWN BUSINESSES FOR ALL INTENTS AND PURPOSES, IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY WE HAVE, I'M SORRY, I DIDN'T WARN YOU I WOULD ASK THIS QUESTION.

YOU CAN SAY MORE LATER. I'M JUST TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT.

>> I CAN'T FULLY ANSWER >> IT'S EASY TO BRIEF THAT ON THE TORNADO BECAUSE YOU KNOW THERE IS A THRESHOLD FOR THIS. I DON'T KNOW IF THERE IS GUIDANCE ON THE THRESHOLD.

>> BUT OTHER AREAS HAVE BEEN BASED ON THE RATE OF INFECTIONS. >> AND THE IMPACT TO THE

ECONOMY. >> TO BE CONTINUED. >> THIS IS SOMETHING THEY NEED

[00:35:05]

TO GET THEIR ARMS AROUND ALSO. >> THAT IS THE QUESTION WE ARE BEING ASKED TODAY.

>> ANY OTHER QUESTIONS? >> JUST A COUPLE OF THINGS I WANT TO MAKE SURE WE COVER TONIGHT AND THEN WE HAVE TO HAVE A DIALOGUE ABOUT SOME DECISION POINTS.

FIRST OFF AS YOU KNOW, DALLAS COUNTY DID ISSUE AN EMERGENCY ORDER RELATED TO THE CORONAVIRUS. AT THAT.IT DID HAVE SOME GUIDANCE IN TERMS OF $500 OR MORE ENCOURAGING CANCELING MEETINGS OVER 250 PEOPLE OR MORE.

THE MOST SIGNIFICANT ORDER AT THAT.WAS THE SENIORS OVER 6-YEARS-OLD AND AT RISK INDIVIDUALS. THAT CAME WITH A LIMIT OF TEN. THAT WAS THE RECOMMENDATION AT THAT TIME. YESTERDAY, THEY REVISE THE ORDER AND NOW THEY ARE BANNING MEETINGS OF 50 PEOPLE OR MORE AND THAT INCLUDES OUTDOOR. IF IT IS IN A CONFINED SPACE.

MEANING FENCING OF SOME TIME THAT WILL KEEP PEOPLE CLOSER TOGETHER.

THEY ALSO CLOSED BARS, LOUNGES, GYMS, THEATERS. THEY DO ALLOW RESTAURANTS TO DELIVER FOOD AND USE THE DRIVE THROUGHPUT CLOSE IN STORE DINING.

THEY BANNED VISITORS FROM LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES, LAST NIGHT, THE MAYOR OF ROUND LOT ALSO DECLARED OR AMENDED HER ORDER FROM LAST FRIDAY MIRRORING THE REQUIREMENT OF DALLAS

COUNTY. SO IT HAS THE SAME RULES. >> AS A RESULT OF THE ORDER, SPECIFICALLY WITH DALLAS COUNTY WE HAVE TAKEN THE ACTION TO CLOSE THE FOLLOWING FACILITIES.

ROWLETT RECREATION CENTER, THE PUBLIC LIBRARY AND THE PLAYGROUND GATE'S KINGDOM.

THE OTHER PLAYGROUNDS ARE NOT INCLUDED AT THIS TIME. MOST OF OUR PARKS AND TRAILS ARE STILL OPEN. BUT THE AREAS THAT CAN BE CONFINED WITH LARGE GROUPS, THOSE HAVE BEEN CLOSED. IN ADDITION ALL OF OUR PROGRAMMING RELATED TO THE RECREATION CENTER HAVE ALSO BEEN POSTPONED AT THIS TIME. THAT WOULD INCLUDE SOME OF OUR SPORTS LEAGUES AND OTHER RECREATIONAL PROGRAMS AND EVENTS.

>> SOCIAL -- SOCIAL DISTANCING RECOMMENDATIONS WERE ALSO MADE THESE GENERALLY FOLLOW CDC GUIDELINES. BASICALLY FOR THE VULNERABLE POPULATION.

THAT IS IDENTIFIED AS INDIVIDUALS OVER 6-YEARS-OLD. ALSO THOSE WITH CHRONIC ILLNESSES, DIABETES, RESPIRATORY ILLNESSES SINCE THEY RECOMMEND YOU LIMIT YOUR OUTINGS WE ARE DON'T GO TO SOME OF THE PLACES YOU WOULD NORMALLY GO. BE CAUTIOUS AND MAKE CAREFUL DECISIONS ABOUT GETTING OUT. WORKPLACE AND BUSINESSES LIMITING EXPOSURE.

A LOT OF BUSINESSES ARE DOING DEEP CLEANING. SO THE RECOMMENDATION IS THERE RELATED TO THEIR EMPLOYEES MAKING SURE THEIR EMPLOYEES ARE HEALTHY AND THEY GO TO WORK AT MAKING SURE THEY CAN TAKE CARE OF THEIR CUSTOMERS. CANCELING NONESSENTIAL EVENTS.

IF IT IS NOT A CRITICAL EVENT, THEN CANCEL IT. IF IT CAN BE POSTPONED THROUGH THAT. MAKE THOSE DECISIONS. DON'T PUT PEOPLE IN CLOSE CONTACT WITH EACH OTHER. SCHOOLS, INITIALLY THEY EXTENDED SPRING BREAK.

NOW THEY ARE ALSO CONTINUING THAT. I KNOW THEY HAVE POSTPONED THIS

ONE INDEFINITELY UNTIL APRIL 13. THAT COULD END UP BEING LONGER. >> CAN I INTERRUPT YOU THEREFOR SECOND PERIOD I WANT TO MAKE SURE WE ARE CAREFUL WITH THE LANGUAGE.

IT'S NOT AN EXTENSION OF SPRING BREAK IT IS A CLOSURE OF THE SCHOOL THAT HAS RELEVANCE IN REGARD TO CHILD CUSTODY CASES. I WANT TO MAKE SURE WE AS A CITY ARE MAKING THE CORRECT LANGUAGE.

[00:40:07]

>>) >> I'M NOT TRYING TO CORRECT YOU.

WE SHOULD NOT BE SAYING EXTENDED SPRING BREAK. WE SHOULD SAY CLOSED SCHOOL.

SPRING BREAK ENDED WHEN SPRING BREAK ENDED. THAT IS IMPORTANT TO MANY

FAMILIES. >> I GOT YOU. >> SORRY WE HAD NOT HAD THAT

CONVERSATION YET. >> THAT'S FINE. >> TRANSIT AND THINGS LIKE THAT, CLEANING AND PROTECTION FOR THE CUSTOMERS. HEALTHCARE SETTINGS WHERE AVOIDING VISITATION AND PROTECTING THE VULNERABLE. THEY HAVE TAKEN STEPS INCLUDING, SINGLE ENTRY POINTS FOR VISITORS AND FOR EMPLOYEES. THE OTHER THING THEY HAVE DONE IS THEY ARE LIMITING VISITORS TO COME WHO ARE IN THE HOSPITAL. EXCUSE ME, EVERYONE CAN DO THEIR PART. BE CAREFUL WITH MEETINGS AND TRAVEL.

HANDLE FOOD CAREFULLY. THESE ARE THINGS WE CAN DO. WE ARE EMPOWERED TO TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN HEALTH AND THOSE AROUND THE SPIRIT EVERYONE CAN DO THEIR PART IN THIS.

>> THIS IS AGAIN A SEVEN DAY DECLARATION. IT WILL TAKE THE AUTHORITY TO EXTEND IT OR IN THE CASE OF DALLAS COUNTY THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS.

SENIOR PROGRAMS UNTIL MARCH 20. ALL NONESSENTIAL TRAVEL. EMPLOYEES WHO ARE ILL ARE DIRECTED TO STAY HOME. WE HAVE A DIRECTIVE THAT WAS ISSUED ON FRIDAY RELATED TO THAT. SO IF THEY HAVE SPECIFIC THINGS LIKE TROUBLE BREATHING OR COUGHING, WE ARE DIRECTING THEM TO STAY HOME. SEEK HELP FROM MEDICAL ADVISERS.

THEN WE WILL MAKE A DECISION. >> MUNICIPAL COURT, ALL DOCKETS HAVE BEEN DEFERRED UNTIL APRIL THIRD PERIOD WE HAVE CLOSED AND WE ARE PROMOTING SOCIAL DISTANCING.

THE OTHER POINT IS ANY AND ALL OF THESE MEASURES CAN BE EXTENDED AS WELL.

>> SOME OF THE OTHER POSSIBLE MEASURES WE HAVE BEEN DISCUSSING, I HAVE GOTTEN FEEDBACK FROM STAFF AND EXTERNALLY. , I'M SORRY, WE WILL HAVE A DISCUSSION ABOUT THIS BECAUSE WE NEED TO MAKE DECISIONS. WE ARE IN THE UPDATE PHASE.

WOULD IT BE OKAY IF THEY GIVE US AN UPDATE AND THEN WE GET INTO THE DETAILED DISCUSSION OF

DECISION-MAKING. DOES THAT MAKE SENSE. >> THE NEXT TOPIC REALLY IS ABOUT WHAT OTHER MEASURES WE CAN TAKE. I NEED TO TURN IT OVER FOR THAT

FEEDBACK. >> IS THIS THE LAST UPDATE PORTION.

>> WELCOME. >> GOOD EVENING MAYOR AND CITY COUNCIL MEMBERS.

I AM THE CSO. I'M EXCITED TO BE HERE. I USED TO WORK AT ROWLETT HIGH

SCHOOL. >> I'M GLAD TO BE HERE. IT IS UNCHARTERED WATERS FOR US AND MANY SCHOOL DISTRICTS THERE WERE 700 SCHOOLS CLOSED THROUGHOUT THE STATE OF TEXAS.

FOUR GARLAND ISD THAT CLOSURE ISN'T TOO APRIL 3. WE WILL REASSESS AT THAT DATE.

WE ARE NOT ABLE TO DO THAT ALONE. WE WORK CLOSELY WITH STATE REPS REGIONAL LEADERS.OCAL AND- AS YOU CAN SEE THE MESSAGE HAS BEEN CONSISTENT FROM DISTRICT TO DISTRICT. WHAT THAT MEANS IS THERE ARE STUDENTS WHO RELY ON MEALS.

AND THE CDC WE HAVE GRAB AND GO MEALS. THEY HAVE SAID AS LONG AS WE ARE PASSING THE MEAL THROUGH A CART WINDOW THAT IS OKAY. WE ARE OFFERING THAT AT 32 LOCATIONS. THE STUDENT FROM ANY CAMPUS THAT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE YOUR HOME

[00:45:03]

CAMPUS. YOU JUST GO, YOU ARE IN THE VEHICLE AND YOU WILL GET A MEAL.

WE PROVIDE BREAKFAST EACH MORNING AND LUNCH FROM NOON UNTIL 1:00 P.M.

THAT WOULD BE A SCHOOL DAY. >> I THINK THE SCHOOLS ARE LISTED ON OUR WEBSITE AND THEY

WERE DISCUSSED LAST NIGHT. >> WE HAVE A LINK ON OUR WEBSITE FOR THE CORONAVIRUS UPDATE.

THAT INCLUDES ALL OF OUR RESOURCES THAT WE ARE OFFERING. SO WITH THAT ALL OF OUR TEACHERS, WE OPEN OUR BUILDINGS ON MONDAY AFTERNOON FOR TEACHERS TO PICK UP A CURRICULUM AND ANY OTHER NEEDS FOR ONLINE LEARNING. THEY HAVE DONE A GREAT JOB. THEY HAVE ORGANIZED THE MODEL ON LEARNING. IN THE SHORT TERM AND PREPPING FOR THE LONG-TERM.

IF WE CAN OPEN ON APRIL 3. WE HAVE ISSUED OUT A SURVEY TO GET FEEDBACK FROM STUDENTS FATE NEED ADVICE AND WE WILL COORDINATE THAT STUDENTS OF THE DEVICE TO TAKE HIM.

NOT ALL STUDENTS HAVE INTERNET SERVICE, SO AS WE HAVE SEEN AND HAS BEEN COMMUNICATED BY THE TELECOMMUNICATION COMPANIES THEY ARE OFFERING FREE SERVICE FOR INTERNET AND WI-FI AT HOME.

THE DISTRICT ALSO HAS HOTSPOTS AVAILABLE THAT WE WILL PROVIDE TO EVERY KID DOES HAVE INTERNET SERVICE THROUGH THIS PROCESS. IT HAS BEEN A DETAILED PLAN. WE HAVE HAD MEETINGS EVERY DAY EVEN THROUGH THE WEEKENDS. STILL HAVING THE MEETINGS WITH STATE AND LOCAL LEADERS AS WE GO THROUGH THIS. WE HAVE ALSO BEEN TOLD BY THE STATE, THAT DO NOT WORRY ABOUT OUR REVENUE FOR THIS FISCAL YEAR SO WE HAVE ASSURED OUR EMPLOYEES WILL BE PAID DURING THE CLOSURE.

EVEN IF THEY ARE NOT PART OF THE CURRICULUM. THEY WILL STILL RECEIVE A PAYCHECK. WE DON'T WANT ANY OF OUR EMPLOYEES TO WORRY ABOUT THAT

ASPECT. >> ALSO, ALL ACTIVITIES IN REGARDS TO SPORTS AND WE HAD SEEN WITH THE NCAA AND NFL, FINE ARTS HAVE BEEN POSTPONED AT THIS MORNING THAT'S RIGHT AT THIS POINT. IF THEY WERE TO TAKE PLACE IN THIS WINDOW THEY HAVE BEEN CANCELED. WE ARE FOLLOWING THE CDC GUIDANCE.

NOT JUST OUR DISTRICT BUT DISTRICTS ACROSS THE STATE. TONJA SO G ISD IS CLOSED THROUGH APRIL 3 AND CONTINUALLY ASSESS THAT DECISION BUT NO DISCUSSION OF, ENDING SCHOOL.

WELL NO DECISION. >> THAT IS CORRECT. IF WE HAVE TO CONTINUE TO REMAIN

CLOSE WE WILL OFFER SCHOOL,. >> REMOTE. >> YES AND REASSESS.

WHAT THE PLAN IS NOW BASED OFF OF STATE GUIDANCE AND FEDERAL GUIDANCE WE WOULD BE CLOSED

THROUGH APRIL 3 AND REASSESS AS WE APPROACH THE APRIL 3 DATE. >> ARE YOU DOING ONLINE FOR

LEARNING NOW OR APRIL FOR? >> ONLINE LEARNING, THE DECISION TO CLOSE WAS MADE YESTERDAY.

UP UNTIL THEN RESOURCES WERE PROVIDED FOR STUDENTS THROUGH THE WEEKEND JUST TO GET ON INTO SOMETHING SPIRIT NOW WE ARE MOVING TO A MODEL FOR ONLINE LEARNING.

OUR TEACHERS HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH KIDS THROUGH GOOGLE CLASSROOM AND THROUGH OUR TECHNOLOGY WE DO HAVE THE CAPABILITY TO HAVE FACE-TO-FACE INTERACTION THROUGH OUR ONE-ON-ONE DEVICES AND SUBMISSIONS OF ANY WORK THAT MAY NEED TO BE DONE.

IT WOULD BE MORE THAN JUST E-MAIL COMMUNICATION THAT THEY CAN SEE.

THEY CAN SEE THEIR TEACHER IF NEEDED. WE ALSO HAVE THAT RESOURCE FOR OUR SCHOOL NURSES. IF THEY WANT TO CONTACT THE SCHOOL NURSE THEY CAN DIRECTLY

AND THEY WILL FOLLOW-UP WITH THE STUDENTS AND PARENTS. >> THIS WILL BE INTERESTING TO

SEE HOW THIS CHANGES EDUCATION. >> I DID HAVE ONE QUESTION. IS THERE A DATE THAT YOU PLAN TO EXTEND WHERE PEOPLE CAN'T KNOW, SAY IF IT IS BY THIS FRIDAY THAT YOU WILL MAKE A DECISION

SOMETHING CAN PLAN? >> IT WILL BE BEFORE APRIL 3 BUT I DON'T HAVE A PARTICULAR DATE.

THE DISTRICT ON A BIRTHDATE BECAUSE GUIDELINES ARE COMING OUT EACH DAY.

AS WE WORK THROUGH AND WHAT THAT LOOKS LIKE, THAT WILL DETERMINE AS WE GET CLOSER TO APRIL 3 WHEN

THE ANNOUNCEMENT WILL COME OUT. >> WILL THAT BE POSTED ON YOUR WEBSITE?

[00:50:02]

>> WE WILL POSTED ON THE WEBSITE AND WE WILL HAVE THE AUTOMATED MESSAGES THAT WILL GO OUT TO ALL PARENTS THAT ARE IN OUR SYSTEM AND THROUGH OUR TWITTER PAGE AND FACEBOOK PAGE AND SOCIAL MEDIA.

>> AND SO LET ME CLARIFY. DURING THE PROCESS YOU ARE CLOSE, WOULD YOU CONTINUE TO PROVIDE THE CURBSIDE AND LUNCH AND HYPOTHETICALLY, IF AN EXTENSIONAL CURSE PATH APRIL 3

WHICH IS STILL DO THAT? >> GREAT QUESTION. YES WE WOULD.

WE HAVE BEEN APPROVED BY THE TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE TO DO THAT.

AS LONG AS THE CDC THEY IT IS ACCEPTABLE WE WILL OFFER IT TO THE STUDENTS.

>> THANK YOU. >> I THINK I KNOW THE ANSWER BUT I WANT TO ASK.

MY KIDS WERE GETTING LESSONS FROM THEIR TEACHER SURVEY AND DOING WHAT THEY SHOULD, LET'S SAY WE HAVE ANOTHER TWO WEEKS ANNUALLY OPEN, NO DISCUSSION OF THIS EXTENDING THE SCHOOL YEAR,

CORRECT OR IS THAT OPEN FOR DISCUSSION. >> WE ARE WORKING WITH THE TEXAS EDUCATION AGENCY. THEY BASICALLY TOLD US THAT THE DISTRICT WILL SUBMIT OUR WAIVERS. AS OF NOW WE DO NOT SEE AN EXTENSION BASED ON THE GUIDANCE.

THAT GUIDANCE IS ONGOING POOPY TO NOT FORESEE THAT OCCURRING AT THIS POINT.

>>> I KNOW, THAT THE PRACTICE AND LUNCH PROGRAM HAS BEEN AN OVERWHELMING SUCCESS.

I MAKE SURE YOU HAVE STAFF TO MANAGE THAT OR WERE YOU LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS FOR EXAMS WE DO HAVE ENOUGH STAFF FOR THAT AND PART OF THE PROCESS WITH THE EMPLOYEE THEFT TO HAVE THEIR CERTIFICATION TO HANDLE FOOD. SO THEY ARE EMPLOYEES. SO AT THIS TIME WE DO NOT NEED VOLUNTEERS BECAUSE PART OF THE PROCESS IS SOCIAL DISTANCING AND WORKING WITH EMPLOYEES TO MAINTAIN THAT. SO AT THIS TIME THE VOLUNTEER ASPECT COULD CREATE SOME

PICKUPS. >> THANK YOU. >> ANYTHING COUNSEL?

>> THANK YOU FOR BEING HERE. THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU HAVE DONE AND EVERYTHING THAT'S HAPPENING TO RESPOND TO THIS. IT'S AMAZING WHAT CAN HAPPEN IN A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME.

THANK YOU FOR CARING FOR OUR FAMILIES AND STUDENTS. >> ANYTHING YOU NEED FROM THE

CITY WE ARE HERE. >> THANK YOU. >> ALRIGHT BRIAN, SORRY.

>> SO COUNSEL, AT THIS TIME, I ONLY HAVE TWO SLIDES. ONE IS ADDITIONAL MEASURES WE MAY CONTINUE AND WOULD LIKE YOUR FEEDBACK ON. THE NEXT SLIDE IS REALLY A MAJOR DECISION POINT. THAT IS ABOUT EXTENDING THE ORDER.

SO, LET'S TALK ABOUT THAT A LITTLE BIT. SO THE PRESIDENT AND THE GOVERNMENT IS GIVING US INDICATION THAT WE SHOULD PLAN FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME.

THIS IS NOT SOMETHING IN SEVEN DAYS WE WILL SOLVE FOR. WE MADE NO MORE IN 10-14 DAYS.

RIGHT NOW WE NEED TO THINK LONG TERM. WE ARE HEARING FROM INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE AFRAID THEY WON'T GO TO WORK AND THEY NEED HELP WITH MANY THINGS.

THAT WILL IMPACT THE WAY WE DO THINGS. IN SOME CASES, THE ACTIONS WE TAKE MAY POSTPONE FUTURE REVENUE. THAT MAY OCCUR DURING THE YEAR.

ON THE OTHER HAND THERE MAY BE MORE THINGS HAPPENING. THIS IS TO MAKE YOU BE AWARE.

WE DON'T WANT PEOPLE TO BE OUT OF SERVICE FOR WATER. IT IS A BASICALLY ACCESS CITY.

IT'S NOT THAT THEY HAVE A LOT. BUT THAT COULD GROW FROM WHAT WE DO HAVE.

WE WOULD SEND OUT BILLS AND LET THEM KNOW WITH BAYEUX BUT WE WON'T DISCONNECT THEM.

NONESSENTIAL EVENTS WILL BE POSTPONED OR CANCELED. WE HAVE A COUPLE COMING UP.

THERE WAS A WORK SESSION THAT WE HAVE SCHEDULED FOR NEXT FRIDAY ON BUDGETING.

[00:55:01]

, WE COULD PUT THAT OFF ANOTHER MONTH AND THAT WON'T PUT US OFF OF OUR GAME.

JUST TO PREPARE AND EDUCATE COUNSEL FOR THE CONVERSATIONS YOU WILL HAVE THIS SUMMER.

WE HAVE A BANQUET COMING UP ON APRIL 9. THAT ONE WEEKEND WAIT LONGER ON.

I'M JUST THINKING ABOUT THE THINGS THAT WE COULD DO. BOARDS AND COMMISSION MEETINGS.

WE COULD POSTPONE SOME OF THOSE. MAYBE ON PNG AND CITY COUNCIL WE WOULDN'T WANT TO BUT THE OTHERS

WE COULD. >> LATE FEES. A COUPLE OF THINGS WE ARE THINKING. WERE GOING TO CLOSE THE LIBRARY, WE DON'T WANT PEOPLE OUT UNNECESSARILY. WE WILL SUSPEND THE PRACTICE OF ACCRUING FINES FOR LATE BOOKS.

ON THE OTHER HAND THEY COULD STILL DROP US DRUNK THAT'S RIGHT DROP THEM OFF AND THAT WOULD BE FINE TOO. IF THEY CAN'T DO THAT, WE WILL NOT FIND THEM.

>> ANOTHER POSSIBILITY IS LATE FEES FOR UTILITIES. IF PEOPLE LOSE THEIR JOBS OR STRUGGLE WITH HOW TO PAY THE RENT, MAYBE THAT IS SOMETHING WE WILL SUSPEND FOR A PERIOD OF

TIME WHATEVER THAT LOOKS LIKE BEER. >> CODE ENFORCEMENT.

WE WANT TO NOTIFY PEOPLE YOU STILL HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR YARD IN BUSINESS BUT MAYBE WE WOULD NOT ACTUALLY ISSUED CITATIONS THEMSELVES, PARTICULARLY SINCE THERE WOULD BE A PROCEDURE IN TIME AND OPPORTUNITY TO CORRECT THAT VIOLATION ANYWAY.

>> WE HAVE ALREADY RIGHT NOW THE DIRECT ORDER ONLY INCLUDES KIDS KINGDOM BECAUSE OF THE FENCING.

>> PORTA POTTY'S, THERE IS A CONSIDERATION THERE. I WILL TELL YOU IT GOES BOTH WAYS. ON ONE HAND, YOU WANT THE FACILITIES AVAILABLE ON THE OTHER HAND, WE DO NOT HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN, DEEP CLEAN THOSE LIKE WE COULD OTHER FACILITIES. SO THAT ISN'T SOMETHING WE ARE CONSIDERING.

>> WE ARE ENCOURAGING ONLINE ACTIVITY. WE WANT PEOPLE TO DO BUSINESS ONLINE WHENEVER AVAILABLE. EVEN UTILITY BUILDING. THERE IS A DROPBOX.

IF THEY DON'T WANT TO BE AROUND OTHER PEOPLE. WE ENCOURAGED TO PAY ONLINE.

WE COULD ASK SENIORS OR THOSE AT RISK,. >> COUNCIL MEETING SPIRIT THE GOVERNOR DID RELEASE NEW RULES REGARDING MEETING SPIRIT WE CAN USE A TOOL FOR TELECONFERENCING.

THAT WILL BE A CONVERSATION WE SHOULD HAVE AT A NEXT MEETING. WE WOULD LIKE DIALOGUE AND

FEEDBACK ON THIS SPEAR. >> SO COUNSEL I'M NOT GOING TO ARGUE.

WE HAVE A LOT OF TIME TO PUT THIS TOGETHER BECAUSE I PUT TOGETHER THE LIST.

LET'S TAKE THEM ONE BY ONE. IN REGARDS TO, DISCONTINUING UTILITY DISCONNECTS.

I AGREE. >> >> I WOULD ALSO ADD WE SHOULD

SUSPEND LATE FEES. >> ARE WE COMFORTABLE EXTENDING THAT TO NOT ACCRUING LATE FEES.

>> >> STOP ACCRUING LATE FEES ON WATER UTILITY BILLS DURING THE

DISASTER DECLARATION. DOES THAT WORK WHEN THE? >> OKAY.

>> LATE FEES FOR BOOK FINES, SAME THING. >> YES SAME THING.

[01:00:18]

>> >> DO WE HAVE A REQUEST FOR AN INCENTIVE.

THIS COULD POTENTIALLY BE HANDLED ON A CASE-BY-CASE BASIS. AND POTENTIALLY THE MEETINGS MAY NEED TO HAPPEN FROM A LEGAL STANDPOINT. I WILL TAKE THIS STEP-BY-STEP.

WE WILL WORK ON CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS BEING IN A TELECONFERENCE.

IT IS WORKING ON THAT RIGHT NOW. I DON'T KNOW WHERE WE WILL GET OR HOW FAST BUT WE WILL HAVE OUTSIDE THIRD-PARTY SERVICES. FOR THE PUBLIC'S BENEFIT, WE STILL HAVE TO HAVE THE ABILITY FOR THE PUBLIC TO BE A PART OF THE MEETINGS SO IT'S NOT HARD TO GET AROUND THE CIRCLE TO GET INTO MEETINGS. THE TRICK IS TO ALLOW THE PUBLIC AND THE APPLICANT AND THE PRESENTERS ALL PART OF THE MEETING. THAT IS WHERE IT GETS TRICKY.

BUT THE TEAM IS WORKING ON THAT. WE WILL UPDATE AND MAKE DECISIONS.

AS SOON AS WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY AND CAPABILITY. CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS NEED TO CONTINUE IN MY OPINION. WHETHER THEY ARE SOCIAL DISTANCING, WE HAVE 44 PEOPLE IN THE MEETING RIGHT NOW. WE CAN GET -- WE CAN'T GET ANY MORE IN THE YEAR STILL SAY 6 FEET APART. THAT IS VERY CONCERNING. ALTHOUGH IT IS LIKE A CLASSROOM

NO ONE IS IN THE FRONT ROW. >> I WOULD ALSO SAY, IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE OVER THERE.

>> THE BOARD AND COMMISSION MEETINGS POSTPONE EXCEPT FOR THE COAD OBVIOUSLY.

>> THANK YOU. THAT IS ANOTHER EXCEPTION. >> THE COAD THAT IS NOT FORMED

YET. >> COULD WE USE A VIRTUAL MEETING FOR THE BOARDS AND

COMMISSIONS NEEDING -- MEETING ON AN AS-NEEDED BASIS. >> I THINK WE NEED TO LOOK AT THAT AS NONESSENTIAL SERVICES AND RESOURCE ALLOCATION. WHAT IS TODAY.

TUESDAY. SORRY IT HAS BEEN A LONG COUPLE OF DAYS.

THIS MORNING'S MEETING WAS CANCELED BECAUSE WE DIDN'T HAVE WHAT WE NEEDED TO DEAL WITH.

I WORRY ABOUT THAT. I WORRY ABOUT EXTENDING THE STAFF AND THE ILLNESSES THAT MAY COME. I AM CONCERNED ABOUT REGULAR MEETINGS CONTINUING RIGHT NOW.

WITH THIS ENVIRONMENT. THAT PUTS PEOPLE TOGETHER. >> I DEFINITELY AGREE WITH REGULAR MEETINGS. I GUESS IF THERE WAS A PROCESS FOR THE BOARD OR COMMISSION TO PROCESS TO DO A VIRTUAL MEETING, SHOULD THEY HAVE SOMETHING THAT DECISIONS NEED TO BE MADE ON.

I'M TRYING TO THINK AHEAD. MOST OF THEM DO PREPLANNING MONTHS AHEAD OF TIME.

TO CONTINUE. NOT REGULAR MEETINGS OF ALL OF THEM BUT I DO FEEL LIKE THERE SHOULD BE SOME PROCESS WHERE THEY CAN SUBMIT A REQUEST THAT WOULD BE SUBJECT TO APPROVAL.

AND OF COURSE WHAT RESOURCES ARE AVAILABLE FROM STAFF AND ALSO BUDGET WISE.

I HAD TO COMPLETELY SUSPEND IT AND TAKE IT OFF OF THE TABLE BECAUSE THAT MAY BE NECESSARY WE

DON'T KNOW HOW LONG THIS WILL GO ON. >> WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT THAT I'M THINKING ABOUT THE ONES I'M INVOLVED IN. I GET THAT.

THE PROBLEM IS YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE PUBLIC PARTICIPATE IN THE MEETINGS LIKE YOU DO IN ANY CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS. I THINK THAT ADDS A LARGE LEVEL OF COMPLEXITY.

[01:05:02]

>> MAYOR, I THINK, FOR THE MOST PART THERE IS COMMUNICATION IF STAFF IS DIRECTING IT THAT WE CAN HAVE, THROUGH E-MAIL IF WE ARE PASSING ON INFORMATION. THE OTHER THING IS, IF THERE WERE A CRITICAL ISSUE THAT NEEDED TO BE ACTED ON, THEN WE WILL FIGURE IT OUT.

TO MARK THIS POINT, IF WE DO GET A REQUEST, WE COULD FIGURE OUT HOW TO ACCOMMODATE IT.

BUT I THINK IT WOULD BE A GOOD MEASURE TO SUSPEND OR POSTPONE JUST THE NORMAL MEETINGS THAT

MAY NOT HAVE THOSE KINDS OF ISSUES. >> I AGREE.

>> I AGREE A LITTLE BIT. I'M THINKING SPECIFICALLY OF THE GOLF ADVISORY BOARD.

CARDINAL THERE WILL BE THINGS PUSH BACK BUT I KNOW THERE NEEDS TO BE PLANNING AND COMMUNICATION. I DON'T KNOW IF IT IS A WAY TO HAVE A SUBCOMMITTEE OF THAT FOR A SPECIFIC THING LIKE LOOKING AT WHAT THE LAUNCH WILL LOOK LIKE EVEN THOUGH IT MAY BE POSTPONE.

IF THERE WERE A GROUP OF THREE THEY CAN HAVE A CONFERENCE CALL WITH STAFF BUT THAT INFORMATION COULD BE DISSEMINATED TO THE ENTIRE BOARD. THERE STILL SOME THINGS WE NEED TO KEEP MOVING FORWARD. THIS IS THE FIRST ONE THAT COMES TO MIND THAT WE NEED TO STAY ON BOARD WITH. THERE ARE THINGS THAT NEED TO HAPPEN AND CONTRACTS NEED TO GET IN PLACE AND CONVERSATIONS THAT COULD HAVE BEEN MADE VIRTUALLY. HOW WE DO THAT I AM NOT SURE BUT

THAT ONE IN PARTICULAR IS ONE WE SHOULD TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT. >> YOU HAVE THE SAME SITUATION FOR ALL OF THEM. THE DIVORCEE BOARD IS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO PLAN FOR DIVERSITY DAY. SENIOR ADVISORY BOARD TRYING TO PLAN.

THAT IS AN EVENT THAT COMES UP FASTER. SO IT IS LIKELY THAT WILL GET CANCELED. ARTS AND HUMANITY. IT IS ACROSS THE BOARD.

>> SO I WILL RECOMMEND TO THE ROWLETT BOARD THEY FORM A SUBCOMMITTEE THAT IS LESS THAN A MAJORITY TO CONTINUE ON WITH THE IMPORTANT ASPECTS AND COMMUNICATE TO PUSH IT OUT TO

THE ENTIRE BOARD. >> THAT IS WHAT I WOULD RECOMMEND TOO.

>> >> IT IS INTERESTING THAT ROWLETT'S BOARD HAS ALREADY DIVIDED INTO SUBCOMMITTEES AND HAVE AREAS OF FOCUS. IT'S EASY FOR THEM TO ADJUST.

I WANT TO SUSPEND NONESSENTIAL MEETINGS. I DON'T WANT TO OUR VOLUNTEERS AT RISK. IF THEY KNOW WHAT THEIR SCHEDULES WILL LOOK LIKE THEY

MAY BE ABLE TO BUNDLE THE ISSUES THAT HAVE ONE. >> PLANNING WISE THEY MAY HAVE A

MARATHON INSTEAD OF A TWO HOUR DEAL. >> WE DO HAVE LIMITED FACILITIES

TO DO THAT. >> IT IS A TRADE-OFF. SOME MEAT IN THE CONFERENCE ROOM NEXT DOOR. YOU CAN'T DO THAT ANYMORE. THAT IS VERY DIFFICULT.

SO, THERE'S ALSO THAT ASPECT. >> I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT WE SUSPEND BOARDS AND COMMISSION MEETINGS EXCEPT PNC AND CITY COUNCIL AND POA. IF THERE IS A REQUEST THAT NEEDS TO GO THROUGH WE CAN CALL A SPECIAL TELEPHONIC MEETING. THEN START WORKING WITH

SUBCOMMITTEES. THAT IS MY RECOMMENDATION. >> I THINK THE SUBCOMMITTEE IS A

GREAT APPROACH. >> ARE YOU GOOD WITH THAT? >> IS THIS EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY. THERE IS A MEETING TOMORROW NIGHT.

>> MARK YOU WILL NEED TO CANCEL THAT. >> ALL RIGHT EVERY GOOD ON THAT?

>> I THINK I SAID IT BUT WE WILL WORK HARD ON GETTING NOT JUST THE CITY COUNCIL MEETING BUT

ALSO THE PNC TO HAVE AN OPTION FOR TELECONFERENCING. >> LET'S GO TO EVENTS, POSTPONE

[01:10:08]

OR CANCEL. IT IS HARD TO SAY LET'S FOLLOW WHAT THE CURRENT AIR WATER IS.

WHEN THE BANQUET COMES ALONG, WE STILL HAVE A PROHIBITION OF 50 OR MORE IN A COMMUNITY GATHERING THEN YOU CANCELED BOARD AND COMMISSION BANQUET. HER TEAM TRYING TO PLAN ON THE

FRONT END. >> SO THEY HAVE TO HAVE A EISAI POSTPONED UNTIL THE END OF

APRIL. >> I WOULD AGREE. >>

>> SOME EVENTS YOU WILL POSTPONE LIKE THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONS VOLUNTEER BANQUET.

WHEN YOU GET DOWN TO THE EASTER EGG HUNT, YOU MAY WANT TO CANCEL THAT BECAUSE POSTPONING IT MEANS

YOU WILL HAVE AN EASTER EGG HUNT IN AUGUST. >> RANDY YOU ARE SO FUN

SOMETIMES. >> I AM SERIOUS. >> WE BELIEVE THAT TO STAFF.

SO THE PROPOSAL IS IT IS IT WILL BE DEFERRED AT THE DIVERSE -- DIRECTION OF STAFF TO SEE HOW IT

IS DEFERRED, POSTPONED OR CANCELED. >> GREAT.

>> WHEN YOU THINK? >> SO YOU MENTIONED SPECIFICALLY TO EVENTS.

BOARD OF COMMISSION AND YOU MENTION ONE MORE. IS THAT WHAT YOU MENTIONED?

I THOUGHT YOU MENTIONED SOMETHING ELSE. >> THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE --

>> THAT IS EIGHT SEPARATE THING. I HEAR YOU. >> I WAS JUST GIVING EXAMPLES OF

THINGS COMING UP. >> WHEN IS THE SENIOR HEALTH FAIR?

>> THERE NEEDS TO BE A DECISION ON WHETHER TO CANCEL OR POSTPONE.

>> ARE WE GOING TO HAVE A DISCUSSION ABOUT -- >> WE WILL JUST SCHEDULE ANOTHER

DAY. >> HERE IS THE DEAL BLAKE. WE DON'T THINK WE HAVE THE BAND

TO DO THAT. >> WHEN IS IT AGAIN? >> NEXT FRIDAY.

>> NEVERMIND. I THOUGHT IT WAS FURTHER DOWN THE ROAD.

WE JUST DON'T HAVE THE TO GET THERE BETWEEN NOW AND THEN. >> WERE PUBLIC SOME INFORMATION,

THEY CANCELED THE CLEANUP EVENT FOR THE 28TH OF MARCH. >> THAT IS A GOOD POINT.

THIS DISCUSSION RIGHT NOW IS ABOUT THE CITY CANCELING, POSTPONING AND DEFERRING EVENTS.

PAST THE ORDER. UNDERSTAND PUBLIC, AND ORGANIZATIONS LIKE KEEP THE AREA BEAUTIFUL, THE ORDER WILL DICTATE OTHER EVENTS BECAUSE THE ORDER IN PLACE RIGHT NOW IS YOU CANNOT HAVE A COMMUNITY GATHERING OF 50 PEOPLE OR MORE IN AN ENCLOSED AREA.

THE ORDER EXPIRES AT 10:00 A.M. FRIDAY. WE WILL HAVE THAT DISCUSSION IN A MINUTE. THAT WILL BE EXTENDED IN SOME MANNER.

THIS DISCUSSION IS NOT ABOUT MAKING A DECISION ABOUT THOSE EVENTS, IT IS GREAT TO ANNOUNCE

IT, IT IS ABOUT WHAT WE WILL DO AS A CITY. >> OKAY.

>> SO, ARE WE DONE WITH THIS ONE? >> SPORTS LEAGUES WE HAVE ALREADY MADE A DECISION. DOES ANYONE HAVE CONCERNS ABOUT THE DECISION WE CURRENTLY HAVE ON THE REST OF THE PLAYGROUNDS. THIS IS HOW WE MADE THE DECISION.

WE FOLLOW THE ORDER AND KIDS KINGDOM IS AN ENCLOSED AREA, FENCED IN, IT IS LIKELY TO HAVE& MORE THAN 50 PEOPLE CONGREGATE. THAT WAS AN EASY DECISION. THE REST OF THE PARKS ARE OPEN IN THE CITY AND WE ARE ASKING THE PUBLIC TO PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING AND THE HYGIENE IF THEY ARE ATTENDING THOSE PARKS. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY CONCERN ABOUT THAT DIRECTION AT THIS

POINT IN TIME. >> I JUST HAVE ONE QUESTION ABOUT THAT BECAUSE WE

SPECIFICALLY ADDRESS THE PORTA POTTY SPIRIT WILL REMOVE THOSE. >> WE WILL TALK ABOUT THAT IN A

[01:15:06]

MINUTE. >> THAT IS PART OF THE DISCUSSION.

>> WE WILL TALK ABOUT PARKS FOR A MINUTE THEN GO TO PORT OF PARTIES.

>> IT WERE NOT GOING TO REMOVE THOSE, THEN ANGIE'S STAFF HAS TO HAVE A WAY TO TAKE CARE OF THOSE LIKE WE WOULD THE PUBLIC RESTROOMS. I FEEL LIKE IT IS A LITTLE

CONNECTED. >> IS EVERYONE OKAY WITH THAT DIRECTION RIGHT NOW.

>> I THINK THE OF THE PARKS NEED TO REMAIN OPEN. >> I DO TOO.

BUT IF YOU ARE USING PLAYGROUND EQUIPMENT, PLEASE FOLLOW HYGIENE PROTOCOLS.

>> AND MAYER THE ISSUE WITH THE PORTA POTTY'S IS THE HANDWASHING.

THAT IS THE MAJOR REASON WE ARE SAYING IT. NOT BECAUSE WE DON'T WANT TO PROVIDE THE FACILITY IT IS BECAUSE WE HAVE A LACK OF HANDWASHING.

>> IN OUR PERMANENT RESTROOMS WE HAVE PERMANENT HANDWASHING CAPABILITIES AND WE KEEP THEM

CLEAN. ANGIE IN THE BACK. >> SO, WHERE DO WE HAVE PORTA POTTY'S? DO YOU WANT TO COME FORWARD ANGIE?

YOU NEED TO GET TO A MICROPHONE PLEASE. >> CURRENTLY TWINS STAR PARK, LAKESIDE PARK, THERE'S ONE DOWNTOWN, WE HAVE RECENTLY REMOVED FROM AS THEY GOT

PERMANENT RESTROOM FACILITIES. >> WOULD YOU JUST LOCK THOSE DOORS AND PUT A SIGN ON OR WOULD

YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THEM. >> WE WOULD HAVE THEM PICKED UP AND REDELIVER IT.

SO HE WOULD END UP WITH NEW ONES. OUR CONCERN IS LACK OF HANDWASHING STATIONS. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO PUT ONE OUT BECAUSE THEY DISAPPEAR.

THEY HAVE PORTABLE ONES BUT THEY JUST WALK OFF. ANY HAND SANITIZER ALSO WALKS OUT. OUR MAIN CONCERN IS THE FEW WE HAVE THAT DON'T HAVE HAND WASHING STATIONS. WE WOULD HAVE THEM PICKED UP AND RE- DELIVERED WHEN WE OPEN ALL

OF THAT BACK UP. >> TEND. >> THE LIBRARY HAVE BOOKS THAT THEY CAN PUT ON THE SHELF AND THEY CAN DO PLANNING FOR SUMMER READING.

THEY CAN DO SPRING CLEANING. THERE IS A LOT OF WORK FOR STAFF TO DO.

RIGHT NOW WE ARE NOT A STAGGERING STAFF. WHAT WE DO HAVE CONVERSATIONS ABOUT IS, CAN WE HAVE MORE DIGITAL MEETINGS. SO WE ARE NOT IN MEETINGS PHYSICALLY. WE ARE NOT STAGGERING STAFF RIGHT NOW.

WE PLAN TO WORK THROUGH THIS EVENT. >> YOU MAY WANT TO START

CROSSTRAINING. >> THAT I AGREE WITH. >> I HAVEN'T HAD MUCH TIME TO

FIGURE THAT OUT BUT IT MAY NEED TO BE ON YOUR LIST. >> BACK TO PORTA POTTY SPIRIT I WILL MAKE THE PROPOSAL. WE TAKE AWAY THE PORTA POTTY'S AT THIS TIME.

>> I AGREE. >> I AM FINE WITH THAT. >> AND KEEP THE PARKS OPEN.

>> THAT IS WHAT PREEMPTED MY QUESTIO ABOUT WHAT WE ARE DOING WITH STAFF.

IF WE HAVE TO KEEP THE LIBRARY AND REC CENTER FAST-TRACK THEY WILL BE CLOSED SO WE CAN DIVERT RESOURCES TO OTHER PLACES BUT IF WE NEEDED AT SOME POINT BECAUSE PEOPLE AREN'T HOMESICK AND WE SEE A LOWER, WORK FORCE, I WOULD BE FORECLOSING THE PUBLIC ONCE IF WE CAN'T GET THERE.

THEY CLEAN EVERY TWO HOURS, BUT WE DON'T HAVE THE ABILITY TO CLAIM THE PERMANENT RESTROOMS EVERY TWO HOURS. SO I THINK WATCHING THAT CAREFULLY I WOULD PROBABLY BE IN FAVOR OF CLOSING THAT BECAUSE IF WE CAN'T HAVE THAT ABILITY TO DISINFECT THEIR.

>> CLOSING THE PERMANENT RESTROOMS NOT DEPARTMENTS WERE FAIRLY.

[01:20:03]

>> LOCKING THE RESTROOM SO THEY'RE NOT USABLE. >> IF YOU'RE GOING TO THE PARK KEEP DISTANCE. USE HAND SANITIZER BUT PLEASE WALK YOUR DOG AND GET FRESH AIR.

>>> SO PORTA POTTY DECISION DONE. >> CAN WE GO BACK TO PARKS.

>> IS THERE ANY CONCERN ABOUT TENNIS COURTS SINCE THEY ARE ENCLOSED.

>> THE RULE IS 50 PEOPLE, NO MORE THAN 50 PEOPLE. >> THAT IS OUT WE HAVE BEEN

MAKING THE DECISIONS. TRYING TO FOLLOW THE RULE. >> DON'T MESS WITH THOSE COURTS.

>> LEAVE THESE OUT OF IT. >> NOTICE HE SAID TENNIS COURTS. >> HE TRIED TO SLIP THAT IN.

>> THE CDC RECOMMENDATION RIGHT NOW IS TEN. SO WE END UP GOING DOWN TO TEN THEN WE HAVE ANOTHER SET OF DECISION-MAKING. THEN YOU MAY HAVE TO CLOSE THOSE

DOWN AND YOU MAY HAVE TO CLOSE PLAYGROUNDS THEM. >> WE JUST WENT 50 RIGHT NOW SO

WE ARE GOOD. >> MAYER GOING BACK TO THE VOLUNTEERS.

AT THIS POINT, YOU MADE THE POINT EARLY ABOUT THE BOARD AND COMMISSION MEETING SPIRIT WE HAVE MADE A DECISION A DECISION ON THAT. WE ALSO HAVE A LOT OF VOLUNTEERS INCLUDING SOME WE CALL VOLUNTEERS WERE FULL-TIME. THEY PUT IN A LOT OF HOURS TO HELP US DO THINGS THAT WE DO. SOME PROGRAMS WOULD NOT EXIST WITHOUT THEM.

IN SOME CASES THE DECISION MAY HAVE BEEN MADE FOR THEM. BUT, FOR THOSE OTHER PROGRAMS WHERE IT IS NOT NECESSARILY THAT WE HAVEN'T MADE THE DECISION TO CANCEL SPECIFICALLY, BUT OUR SENIORS AND AT RISK VOLUNTEERS ARE THE ONES WE SPECIFICALLY WOULD LIKE TO RECOMMEND THAT WE

ASK THEM TO STAY HOME UNTIL THIS IS OVER. >> WHY WOULD WE TREAT THEM ANY

DIFFERENT. WE DO HAVE SENIOR CITIZENS. >> YOU ARE NOT REQUIRING CITY

EMPLOYEES TO STAY HOME. >> HE IS NOT OVER 60. >> NOT YET.

>> WE WOULD HAVE TO GET RID OF OUR CITY ATTORNEY. >> MAYOR, I WILL SAY THIS.

IT IS LIKE ANYTHING ELSE. ONE OF THE THINGS THAT IS MORE IMPORTANT ABOUT THE KINDS WE HAVE IS TO PROTECT THE MOST VULNERABLE. THAT IS WHO I AM FOCUSED ON.

WE HAVE SOME PEOPLE THAT WOULD COME HERE IN THEIR WHEELCHAIR IF THEY HAD TO TO GET HERE.

WHAT I AM SAYING IS FOR A FEW WEEKS, THEY ARE NOT ESSENTIAL. MOST ARE AFFECTED BY THE DECISIONS WE JUST MADE. BUT, I AM SAYING THAT FOR THOSE THAT ARE AT RISK I WOULD LIKE TO

ADVOCATE FOR ASKING THEM TO STAY HOME. >> I DON'T AGREE WITH THAT BUT

OKAY. >> I WILL SAY THIS, YOU ARE PROBABLY GOING TO NEED SUPPORT AND I DON'T KNOW IF THAT IS SOMETHING WE WANT TO TALK ABOUT MAKING AN EXCEPTION.

THERE'S A LOT OF SENIORS THAT SERVE IN THE CAPACITY ON THE PROGRAM WHICH REQUIRE SOME TRAINING. IT'S NOT LIKE ANY VOLUNTEER CAN STEP INTO THAT.

I DON'T KNOW, MAY BE YES FOR THE OTHER VOLUNTEER POSITIONS. BUT I DO NOT KNOW.

THEY COULD MAKE THAT DECISION FOR THEMSELVES. >> MY PERSONAL OPINION IS IT

SHOULD BE THERE DECISION. >> IF WE HAVE A POSITION OR NONESSENTIAL EMPLOYEES.

SOME JOBS ARE MORE ESSENTIAL. IS KIND OF ADDRESSES THE ISSUE. >> THIS COULD BECOME A THING.

IF IT IS NOT AN ESSENTIAL DUTY FOR THE NEXT TWO WEEKS, THEN I WOULD, WOULD LIKE TO PROTECT

[01:25:05]

THEM AND ASK THEM TO STAY HOME ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE AT RISK. SAME WITH OUR OTHER EMPLOYEES.

SENIORS WITH PRE-EXISTING HEALTH CONDITIONS AND THEY CAN DO THEIR JOB AND DON'T WHY ARE WE NOT

LETTING THEM DO THAT. >> WE ARE HAVING THOSE CONVERSATIONS AND PART OF THE DIRECTIVE WE ISSUED ADDRESSES THAT. BUT EMPLOYEES, THAT PART I HAVE

COVERED. >> I THINK THAT IS THE NATURAL WAY TO SPILL OVER TO THE

VOLUNTEERS. >> I CAN TELL YOU. AND SOME RESPECT, WE HAVE ASKED THEM TO NOT HAVE ANY FACE TO FACE MEETINGS FOR THE NEXT 30 DAYS.

THAT IS FOR NON- EMERGENCY ACTIONS. SO, THAT INCLUDES THE BULK OF OUR VOLUNTEERS THAT ARE OUT THERE. THEY ARE AN EXCEPTION BECAUSE THEY ARE UNDER THE POLICE DEPARTMENT AND HOSPICE. THAT IS WHERE WE HAVE GONE WITH

THAT. >> I DO HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION. IT IS ALONG THOSE LINES AND IT IS AN OPERATIONAL DECISION. IT'S SOMETHING FOR US TO TALK ABOUT.

WILL THERE BE AN EXTENSION OF SICKLY BENEFITS. >> WHAT WE HAVE DONE, IF WE HAVE AN EMPLOYEE, EXHIBITING SYMPTOMS COLD LIKE SYMPTOMS OR FEVERS, WE ARE DIRECTING THEM TO STAY HOME.

WE ARE COVERING THE SICKLY. IF FOR SOME REASON IT IS NOT COVID-19 OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT,

THEN THE POLICY KICKS IN. >> THE FIRST DAY, EVEN IF THEY DON'T HAVE TIME, SICK LEAVE TIME, WE WILL TAKE CARE OF THAT BECAUSE WE NEED THEM TO TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES FIRST BECAUSE

THAT ALSO TAKES CARE OF THEIR CUSTOMERS AND TEAMMATES. >> I'M ALSO WONDERING, I HEARD SOME DIRECTIVES FROM THE CDC, SOMEONE SAID THEY WANT THE ENTIRE FAMILY TO BE QUARANTINED.

>> NOT JUST THE CDC IT'S AN >> I GUESS MY QUESTION IS, EVEN IF THAT EMPLOYEE IS NOT SICK, BUT SOMEONE IN THEIR HOUSE IS, WITH SICK LEAVE BENEFITS BE APPLIED?

>> YES THEY WILL. >> I AM GOING TO STEP OUT. THE VOLUNTEERS WHO VOLUNTEER, YOU'RE ASKING FOR INPUT, MY RECOMMENDATION IS TO FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES OF THE EMPLOYEES.

THEY GET A LOT OF LATITUDE IN THEIR DECISION-MAKING. THAT IS JUST MY OPINION.

>> ANY OTHER COMMENTS? >> I'M CLOSE TO BEING A SENIOR. >> LET THE SENIORS MAKE THEIR DECISIONS. IF THEY FEEL THAT THEY NEED TO STAY HOME THEN THEY WILL STAY HOME. IF THEY FEEL THEY NEED TO VOLUNTEER THEY WILL.

BUT ON YOUR POINT BRIAN, IF YOU FEEL SICK, DO NOT COME TO WORK. YOU WILL HAVE IT ALL BY YOURSELF

WHEN YOU MAKE EVERYONE ELSE SICK. >> THAT WAS THE LIST THAT WAS PREPARED. ANY OTHER IDEAS. WE HAVE ALSO EXCEEDED THE TIME ALLOTMENT BY 30 MINUTES. WE WILL NOT SHORTCUT THIS DISCUSSION IT IS TOO IMPORTANT.

BUT ANY OTHER AREAS, ANYONE CAN THINK OF THAT WE SHOULD DISCUSS ABOUT DECISION-MAKING.

>> HAVE WE CONSIDERED PUBLIC ACCESS TO PUBLIC BUILDINGS. >> AT THIS POINT, WE ARE OPEN FOR BUSINESS THE BUILDINGS ARE STILL OPEN. WHAT WE WILL DO IS ENCOURAGE

[01:30:12]

PEOPLE TO DO THINGS ONLINE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. WRITE E-MAILS.

PAY ONLINE. THAT IS WHAT WE WILL DO IN TERMS OF PROMOTION.

>> I GUESS MY QUESTION WAS MORE IN REGARDS TO KNOTTING SIGIL THINGS LIKE BIRTHDAY PARTIES AND

TOURS. >> THOSE TYPES OF THINGS WHERE THEY COULD DO IT IN ANOTHER WAY.

>> FIELD TRIPS TO THE FIRE STATION. WE SHOULDN'T BE EXPOSING ANYONE

TO FIRST RESPONDERS. >> THEY ARE AN ESSENTIAL PARTS OF THIS AND WE SHOULD TAKE THE

STEPS WE NEED TO PROTECT IT. >> IS YOUR MICROPHONE ON? >> IS A GREEN?

>> MY QUESTION IS REGARDING TO THE LIBRARY. SINCE IT WILL BE CLOSED SOME PEOPLE MAY NEED TO READ HOW WILL THEY CHECK OUT OF BOTH, I WILL THEY DO IT?

>> GREAT QUESTION. SO ONE THING WE WILL BE PROMOTING IS ALL OF OUR DIGITAL RESOURCES. WE HAVE MUSIC WE HAVE BOOKS. WE HAVE MAGAZINES.

THERE ARE A LOT OF WAYS PEOPLE CAN TAKE CARE OF THAT ONLINE. IF THEY HAVE A LIBRARY CARD, THEN THE WORLD IS OPEN TO THEM. WE WILL BE PROMOTING THAT AS WELL.

>> WILL BE LOOK AT CURBSIDE DELIVERY AT SOME POINT? >> IT WILL BE AT SOME POINT.

BUT AS OF TODAY NO. BUT AGAIN PROMOTING DIGITAL RESOURCES.

>> BUT IT IS SOMETHING WE ARE TALKING ABOUT BUT DON'T KNOW IF WE CAN, IS THAT FAIR?

>> PLEASE KNOW YOU CAN DROP OFF YOUR MATERIALS AND SHOULD DROP THEM OFF AT OUR DROPBOX AT THE

DOWNTOWN LIBRARY. >> ANYTHING YOU WANT TO ADD ABOUT THE LIBRARY?

>>> ONE OF THE THINGS WE DID TONIGHT, WE PUBLICIZE IF ANYONE AT CITIZEN COMMENTS ABOUT A SUBJECT MATTER, TO PLEASE E-MAIL US BY 5:00 P.M. TONIGHT. WE DIDN'T CLOSE THIS MEETING.

BUT WE WANTED TO GIVE OUR RESIDENTS AN OPTION TO PROVIDE CITIZEN COMMENTS ELECTRONICALLY.

I HAD ONE RELATING TO THIS TOPIC. SO THE QUESTION IS, THIS IS FROM MEREDITH 2201. WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF KEEPING PEOPLE AT THE CENTER WHEN THEY CAN WORK FROM HOME ESPECIALLY NOW THAT THE COMMUNITY CENTER IS CLOSE IF AN EMPLOYEE IS EXPOSED THEY CAN EXPOSE OTHER COMMUNITY MEMBERS. MY HUSBAND IS A NURSE WHAT OTHER MEASURES ARE THE COMMUNITY CENTER TAKING TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE SAFE.

>> DO YOU WANT TO ANSWER THIS BRIAN? >> HERE IS THE DEAL.

WE ARE TAKING CARE OF OUR EMPLOYEES. WE HAVE ISSUED A DIRECTIVE THAT TAKES CARE OF THAT. IF THEY HAVE A FAMILY MEMBER OR A CHILD THAT IS ILL.

WE HAVE A MECHANISM TO DEAL WITH THAT. SO JUST BECAUSE WE HAVE CLOSE THE FACILITY DOESN'T MEAN WE SEND PEOPLE HOME. THERE IS WORK WE CAN DO.

IF THEY ARE INDIVIDUALLY ILL OR CONCERN WE CAN TAKE STEPS. THERE IS A LOT WE CAN DO.

WE WILL MAKE OPERATIONAL DECISIONS AND THEY WILL MAKE DECISIONS ABOUT DOING THAT.

THAT DOESN'T MEAN THEY WILL STAY HOME ALL OF THE TIME. >> I KNOW WERE TALKING ABOUT THE

[01:35:18]

ORDER IS THAT WHERE WE NEED TO GO NOW? WHEN YOU TAKE THAT?

>> SO YOU WANT ME TOO TAKE IT? >> AS YOU ARE AWARE AND I AMENDED THE ORDER LATE YESTERDAY FOR ADDITIONAL PARAMETERS. THE ORDER THAT WAS PUT INTO PLACE EXPIRES EXPIRES AT 11:00 A.M. A FRIDAY THIS WEEK. SO, THIS IS A VERY FLUID SITUATION. A FLUID SITUATION FOR THOSE WHO ARE FOLLOWING NOTE THINGS ARE CHANGING. TODAY WAS PROBABLY THE MOST CALM DAY WE HAVE HAD SINCE THIS STARTED. I DON'T EXPECT YOU TO KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON BECAUSE THINGS CHANGE WEEKLY. FOLLOWING THE ORDERS OF DALLAS COUNTY BECAUSE THE MAJORITY OF THE CITY IS IN DALLAS COUNTY AND EXTENDING THE ORDERS SO WE DON'T HAVE A SITUATION WHERE A PORTION OF THE CITY IS UNDER ONE SET OF GUIDELINES AND ORDERS AND THE OTHER PART UNDER ANOTHER.

SO ONCE WE HAVE DETERMINED, ONCE I HAVE DETERMINED THE ORDERS WE WILL MAKE DECISIONS PRETTY MUCH FOLLOWING THE LETTER OF THE LAW. AND IN SOME CASES THAT IS THE PROCESS.

>> THEY HAVE A LOT OF PROFESSIONALS AND THEY HAD CONVERSATIONS WITH SOME OF YOU.

WHAT WE HAD WAS A SITUATION WHERE RIGHT NOW THE CITY NEAR THOSE, THE ORDER EXPIRES ON

FRIDAY AT 11:00 A.M. >> EITHER MIRRORS DALLAS COUNTY OR MORE STRINGENT.

I HAVEN'T SPENT TIME READING THE OTHER ORDER. >> ONE IS MORE STRINGENT I JUST DON'T KNOW IF HE MISSPOKE OR IF HIS ORDERS WERE MORE STRINGENT. WE ARE NOT MY POINT IS, THE CITY AND CITY COUNCIL WILL BE MEETING TOMORROW NIGHT. AND IT WILL BE THEIR DECISION ON WHAT THEY WILL DO WITH THE ORDER. THIS IS WHAT THE COMMISSIONERS DECIDED TO DO WITH THEIR ORDER. AND SO, IN A SITUATION WITH THE DALLAS COUNTY ORDER, THEY PUT IN PROVISIONS, TO RESTRICT CITIZENS TO THEIR HOME IF ANYONE IS HOME AND TESTED POSITIVE, THAT WAS PUT INTO MY ORDER. THE PROHIBITION OF DINING IN A RESTAURANT BUT ALLOWING TAKE OUT SERVICE OR CUP SERVICE THAT WAS PUT IN MY ORDER. THIS WAS IN BOTH ORDERS.

THE REQUIREMENT OF LESS THAN 50 PEOPLE IN A COMMUNITY GATHERING WAS PUT IN BOTH ORDERS.

[01:40:02]

THAT IS WITNESSING THE ORDERS AT THIS TIME. I HAVE THE ABILITY AS THE MAYOR TO CHANGE THE ORDER UP TO THE EXPIRATION DATE AND TIME. SO IF SOMETHING HAPPENS TONIGHT OR TOMORROW THAT POSSIBLY COULD HAPPEN AGAIN. IT HAPPENED YESTERDAY.

AFTER THAT I DON'T HAVE THE AUTHORITY. THAT IS WHAT WE WILL TALK ABOUT NOW. WE WILL TALK ABOUT IT WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT WILL HAPPEN.

IT'S NOT HAPPENING YET. UNLESS THE SITUATION CHANGES RAPIDLY.

THE OTHER THING IS THEY DECLARE. >> SO THAT IS WHAT WE ARE UNDER AT THIS TIME.

>> THAT IS MY OVERVIEW. >> DOES ANY ORDER OR SUPERSEDE ANY WE PUT IN?

>> I WILL GIVE -- I WILL LET DAVID GIVE THE LEGALITIES IF HE COULD.

>> I DON'T KNOW IF THIS MICROPHONE IS WORKING. >> WE ARE NOT BOUND BY THE CITY NOR THE CITY BOUND BY WHAT THE COUNTY ORDERS ARE. SO,.

>> CITIZENS AND BUSINESSES ARE BOUND BUT CITY OPERATIONS ARE NOT.

>> BEST WHAT I SAID. >> I JUST WANT TO MAKE IT CLEAR BECAUSE YOU SAID IT FAST.

>> I WILL SLOW IT DOWN. WE ARE NOT BOUND BY THE COUNTIES ORDERS.

WITH EVERYONE IN THE COUNTY, PRIVATE BUSINESSES AND CITIZENS ARE OBLIGATED TO COMPLY.

IT IS THE COUNTY'S JOB TO ENFORCE IT. >> WHAT WAS THE QUESTION QUICKSAND WE PASSED AN ORDER AND IT'S DIFFERENT. THEN THEY PASS AN ORDER

EXTENDING THAT WOULD SUPERSEDE ANY ORDER WE HAVE BEEN THERE.& >> WE WOULD HAVE TO ENFORCE IT.

>> IF IT IS IN CONFLICT THEY WILL ENFORCE BOTH. >>

>> SO, THERE'S A COUPLE OF DIFFERENT WAYS WE CAN TAKE THIS. THERE WAS WE COULD HAVE AN

EMERGENCY MEETING WITHIN AN H HOUR. >> YOU WANT TO GIVE THE MAYOR

THE AUTHORITY. >> ONE SUGGESTION WE TALK ABOUT THAT CONCEPTUALLY TONIGHT BUT WE PLAN ON A FRIDAY MORNING MEETING BECAUSE THURSDAY NIGHT, WE WILL KNOW WHAT DALLAS COUNTY DECIDES.

WE AS A COUNSEL CAN MAKE SOME SPECIFIC DECISIONS ON HOW WE WANT TO AMEND AND EXTEND OUR ORDER. THEN ON FRIDAY MORNING YOU COULD DECIDE, WE WILL GIVE THE MAYOR THIS AUTHORITY OR NO AUTHORITY OR WE WILL GIVE HIM SOME AUTHORITY.

THOSE ARE JUST SOME SUGGESTIONS. SO I WILL OPEN THAT FOR DISCUSSION.

>> I GUESS THE FIRST THING IS, IS EVERYONE AVAILABLE FRIDAY MORNING.

I WILL SAY THIS. IT IS INTERESTING THAT YOU POINTED OUT HOW FAST THINGS MOVE AND HOW WE ARE AT A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PLACE TODAY THEN WE WORKED LAST FRIDAY.

I THINK WE HAVE ALL SEEN, IN A PUBLIC WAY OF HOW QUICKLY THESE ORDERS, ALL THESE THINGS CHANGE.

JUST BEING ON COUNSEL AND PART OF THESE MOVING PARTS, SINCE LAST FRIDAY, I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT, I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF TIME IS BUT JUST FOR EXPEDIENCE SAKE, FOR TRYING TO GET COUNSEL TO MAKE THESE DECISIONS THAT HAVE TO BE MADE QUICKLY, I BELIEVE THERE SHOULD

[01:45:02]

BE SOME LATITUDE FOR A CERTAIN PERIOD OF TIME. I DON'T KNOW IF THAT IS TWO WEEKS OR 30 DAYS, BUT, I HAVE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO OBSERVE NC.

I BELIEV YOU MADE SOME VERY WELL CONSIDERED DECISIONS. I COULD NOT DISAGREE WITH ANY OF THEM. ANY THAT HAVE BEEN MADE SINCE LAST FRIDAY.

AND I KNOW THAT YOU CONSULT WITH DECISIONS.TS BEFORE YOU MAKE TH- >> AND FOR EXPEDIENCY TO BE ABLE

TO REACT TO A FLUID SITUATION. >> I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW MANY COUNCILMEMBERS CAN BE HERE FRIDAY MORNING. I RECOMMEND WE HAVE THAT CALL ON FRIDAY.

>> NEED TO MAKE A DECISION. IF WERE GOING TO MAKE A DECISION AS A GROUP EACH TIME.

>> WE HAVE TO DO IT QUICK BECAUSE MY ORDER EXPIRES AT 11:00 A.M.

WE CAN HAVE A SITUATION WHERE WE ARE CONFERRING AT 10:59 A.M. AND CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHAT TO DO.

ANY INPUT BRIAN OR DAVID. >> BETWEEN -- DEPENDING WHAT HAPPENS BETWEEN NOW AND FRIDAY

THIS WHOLE SITUATION CHANGES MINUTE BY MINUTE. >> HAVE A MEETING AND TALK ABOUT IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. IF THERE IS A NEED TO EXTEND IT, COUNCIL HAS TO EXTEND IT AND WE

CAN -- >> EXTENDING IS EASY AMENDING TAKES A LOT OF DISCUSSION.

SO IT IS EASY TO RESCIND AND EXTEND WHAT'S NOT EASY AS UNDERSTANDING THE MOVING PARTS HAPPENING WITHIN THE COUNTY AND OTHER MAYORS AND WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THE STATE AND THE COUNTRY. MAKE THAT DECISION QUICKLY. SIGNED THE ORDER QUICKLY AND HA.

WE CAN'T HAVE A SITUATION FRIDAY MORNING WHERE WE ARE SPENDING AN HOUR TRYING TO FIGURE OUT, WHAT

POWERS WE WILL GIVE THE MAYOR. >> YOU JUST HAVE TO COME TO THE TABLE WITH DECISION-MAKING.

>> WE DON'T WANT TO DO A LOT OF DISCUSSIONS ON FRIDAY. >> I UNDERSTAND DAVID'S COMMENT.

FRIDAY MAY BE FINE IN TERMS OF EVERYONE WHO MAY BE HERE. THERE MAY COME A TIME WHEN THAT IS NOT POSSIBLE FOR OF THE REASONS. I JUST WANT TO BE SENSITIVE TO

THAT AS WELL. >> I WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE FIRST TWO ORDERS THAT WERE PUT OUT. WE ARE NOT WAITING, NOT EVERY COUNTY HAS JUMPED INTO THIS.

THEY DON'T WANT TO BE OUT IN FRONT AND I APPLAUD THEM. I UNDERSTAND THE REASONS WHY.

[01:50:05]

EVERYTHING COULD CHANGE. BRIAN YOU ARE RIGHT. >> I WOULD BE PREPARED TO HAVE THAT CONVERSATION AND I DON'T KNOW IF WE WILL HAVE TIME NOW TO TALK ABOUT THE INTRICACIES OF EACH ORDER BUT I WANT TO HAVE SOME OF THOSE CONVERSATIONS. I AM TOTALLY ON BOARD WITH WHAT MARKER SAID BECAUSE I THINK YOU DO A FANTASTIC JOB OF TAKING THOSE THINGS INTO CONSIDERATION.

ONCE YOU HAVE HEARD FROM US ON THOSE PIECES JUST LIKE WE DID WITH THE ADDITIONAL PIECES WITHIN THE CITY, TONIGHT I WOULD FULLY TRUST YOUR DECISION AS WE MOVE FORWARD IF THINGS HAD TO CHANGE DRAMATICALLY. THINGS GOT TIGHTER OR THE NUMBER OF TASTE -- MY CASES GO UP OR IF THERE IS A CONFIRMED CASE IN ROWLETT. RIGHT NOW WE ARE NOT PLAYING WITH A FULL DECK. NOT EVERY COUNTY IS DOING THE SAME THING OR CITY.

>> I WANT US TO MEET FRIDAY AND HAVE A JOINT DECISION. I JUST WANT US TO MAKE A

DECISION. >> BUT TO YOUR POINT, I WILL TELL YOU.

>> I SHOULD'VE SAID THAT. >> DALLAS COUNTY IS AN ORDER TODAY THAT IS APPLICABLE TO OUR RESIDENTS. I EXTENDED IT TO ROCKWELL AND ROWLETT.

IF THEY CONTINUE WITH THE ORDER >> THAT IS WHY I ASKED THE QUESTION, AND THAT IS THE

ANSWER. >> SO IT DOES SUPERSEDE OUR ORDER.

>> IT DOESN'T SUPERSEDE OUR ORDER IT IS EFFECTIVE FOR OUR RESIDENTS, IN THAT CASE

REGARDLESS OF WHAT WE DO. >> FOR OUR RESIDENTS AND OUR BUSINESSES BUT NOT FOR OUR CITY

OPERATIONS. >> BUT WE DON'T ENFORCE IT. >> I THINK THAT IS HOW WE

ANSWERED IT. >> THERE ARE THINGS IN THERE THAT WE DO HAVE CONTROL OVER AND THINGS WE DON'T HAVE CONTROL OVER THAT WILL BE PUT INTO THE ORDER.

>> OR WE CAN BECOME MORE RESTRICTIVE. >> THEY MAY BE LESS RESTRICTIVE

ON WEDNESDAY OR THURSDAY. >> DOES THAT MAKE SENSE. WAS I ACCURATE?

YES, SO FAR. >> THE STATUES FAITH THE GOVERNMENT, CONTINUE TO EXTEND THE DECLARATION EVER PRACTICAL REASONS AND LEGAL ONCE I THINK ON FRIDAY MORNING WE COULD TALK ABOUT IT BUT MY RECOMMENDATION WOULD BE A YES OR NO DECISION COUNCIL VOTES FOR A RESOLUTION TO EXTEND THE DECLARATION OR NOT EXTENDED. BY DOING THAT, THAT PUTS THE BURDEN ON YOU AND GIVES YOU THE AUTHORITY TO MAKE CHANGES TO THE DECLARATION AS YOU DEEM APPROPRIATE RATHER THAN HAVE COUNSEL WAITING ON EVERY SINGLE DECISION THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO&

MAKE IN A QUICK SITUATION. >> IF IT IS THAT SIMPLE THEY CAN DO IT TONIGHT.

>> THE REAL QUESTION, IT'S NOT THE POWERS OF THE MAYOR BUT THE LENGTH OF TIME WE EXTEND THE

EMERGENCY DECLARATION. >> THAT IS THE REAL DECISION. >> AND FOR HOW LONG.

>> YOU HAVE YOUR POWERS REGARDLESS OF WHAT WE DO AFTER THAT IS DONE.

>> DAVID ARE YOU AVAILABLE AFTER FRIDAY MORNING CLICKS. >> LET'S MEET FRIDAY MORNING AT

9:00 A.M. BE HERE. >> I AGREE.

>> WE WILL HAVE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT SURROUNDING COMMUNITIES AND WHAT DALLAS COUNTY HAS DONE.

WE WILL MAKE DECISIONS AND WE WILL MOVE ON FROM THERE. >> SOUNDS GOOD?

>> YES. >> WE ARE WAY PAST TIME. >> WHAT?

>> WE ARE AN HOUR LATE. >> BRIAN. >> BRIAN, WHAT DO YOU THINK.

ARE WE DONE WITH THE FIRST ITEM ON THE AGENDA TONIGHT. >> YES WE ARE.

>>) THE NEXT ITEM ON THE AGENDA IS, ITEM THREE B DISCUSS I RECEIVED INPUT ON A PROPOSAL TO

[3B. Discuss and receive public input on a proposal to establish a Rowlett Community Organizations Active in Disasters (COAD) Committee. (20 minutes)]

ESTABLISH A ROWLETT COMMUNITY ORGANIZATION ACTIVE IN DISASTERS COMMITTEE.

>> AND. YOU HAVE, 20 MINUTES. >> I WILL TRY TO BE QUICK.

BUT I DO HAVE A FAVOR OF COUNSEL AND I WILL PREFACE THAT WITH A FEW STATEMENTS.

[01:55:05]

EVEN BEFORE AS AN ORGANIZATION BRIAN PROVIDED DIRECTION ON ENHANCED CLEANING PROTOCOL.

THE QUESTION WAS ASKED REGARDING WHAT WE DOING TO PROTECT RESIDENTS AT THE RECREATION CENTER. ANGIE TOOK BOTH STEP WAY AHEAD OF TIME.

SHE TOOK SOME FAIRLY EXTENSIVE STEPS TO MAKE SURE RESIDENTS WERE PROTECTED AT THE FACILITY.

AS YOU HAVE NOTICED, LAURA HAS DID THIS TO THE MICROPHONE EVERY TIME SOMEONE STEPS IN OR APPEAR JIM SENT ME A FORM WE CAN SEND OUT TO BUSINESSES THAT HELP TO TRACK THE ECONOMIC INJURY OR PROVIDE MECHANISMS SO THEY CAN JUSTIFY ANY REQUEST THAT HAVE TO BE MADE.

WE CAN START PUSHING THAT OUT NOW. SO THE FAVOR I ASK IF YOU APPLAUD ALL STEP BECAUSE EVERYONE HAS BEEN WORKING EXTREMELY THROUGH -- HARD

THROUGH THIS DIFFICULT TIME. >> GOOD POINT. >> DID YOU WANT TO PAUSE?

>> CITY OF ROWLETT EMPLOYEES YOU ARE INCREDIBLE. >> THANK YOU.

>> SPOKE WITH THAT, THE COAD IS ANOTHER COMMITTEE WHERE I HAVE A SMALL ROLE.

I COULD NOT HAVE DONE THIS WITHOUT THE SUPPORT OF SEVERAL PEOPLE AND I WANT TO MENTION THEM. MICHAEL WHO MIGHT BELIEVE IS HERE WITH THE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE. LEASE WITH THE CITY MANAGER'S OFFICE.

WHITNEY REPRESENTING THE COUNCIL. SHE ALSO SERVED AS THE VICE CHAIR. IN ADDITION TO THAT MISTY WITH THE SALVATION ARMY.

SHE WAS ASSIGNED TO US AFTER THE TORNADO. >> THAT IS A BLAST LAST NAME FROM THE PAST. CANCEL A LITTLE OVER FOUR YEARS AGO WE FACED, ONE OF THE MOST SIGNIFICANT MOMENTS IN THE CITY'S HISTORY. WHAT IT SHOWED US WAS THAT WE AS A GOVERNMENT COULD NOT RESPOND BY OURSELVES TO EAT -- TRACK TO ANY EVENT OF THAT SCOPE.

IT APPLIES TO THIS AS WELL. WE NEED TO TAKE A WHOLE COMMUNITY APPROACH.

WE DID THAT TO ENSURE SURVIVORS HAD A SUSTAINED, LONG-TERM PROGRAM FOR ASSISTANCE.

WE WANT TO MAKE SURE ONCE SHORT-TERM NEEDS ARE EXPIRED THE NEXT TWO YEARS WE WILL HAVE NEEDS THAT POP UP. WE WANT TO ESTABLISH A LONG-TERM COMMITTE THAT IS SUCCESSFUL.

I BELIEVE, ONE OF THE BEST EXAMPLES OF HOW THE COMMUNITY IS.

WITH THAT IN MIND, WE WANTED TO HAVE THIS DONE FOR THE FUTURE AND HAVE A SOLID PROGRAM IN

PLACE FOR THE NEXT DISASTER. >> PERFECT TIMING. >> I THINK THIS EVENT SHOWS WHY

IT IS IMPORTANT. >> JOB QUESTION. WAS THIS GOING TO BE ON

TONIGHT'S AGENDA REGARDLESS OF COVID-19? >> YOU CAN BLAME ME.

>> OKAY. YOU KNOW YOU HAD A TORNADO DRILL, JUST BEFORE THE TORNADO.

>> THE PURPOSE OF THIS GROUP AND I THINK I HAVE A SLIDE,. >> CAN WE GO BACK TO THE

PREVIOUS BOARD SESSION. >> YEAR AGO PERIOD. >>

>> OUR FIRST MEETING WAS NOVEMBER 21 AND SINCE THEN WE HAVE TAKEN DIRECTION ON BEST PRACTICES. IT IS BASED ON THE COAD MODEL. SO THERE IS A NATIONAL STATE AND SEVERAL REGIONAL AND LOCAL COAD. THE MODEL IS RESTRICTIVE BECAUSE IT DOES NOT ALLOW FOR BUILDING CAPACITY FROM OTHER MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY GRAB SOMETHING TO PROVIDE.

WITH THAT IN MIND I WANTED THIS TO BE SOMETHING THAT A NONPROFIT OR FAITH-BASED ORGANIZATION REGARDLESS OF VOLUNTEER STATUS, OR A BUSINESS, WE HAD A LOT OF BUSINESSES PROVIDE SUPPORT AT THE THE TORNADO. THEY PROVIDED FREE FOOD AND ET CETERA.

[02:00:02]

WITH THAT I WANT TO MAKE SURE WE COULD, BRING EVERYONE IN AND EMPOWER EVERYONE TO PROVIDE& ASSISTANCE TO THE COMMUNITY. THIS IS A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT MODEL BUT BASED ON THE SAME

CONCEPT. >>> SO, IN THIS MISSION, WE WANT THIS TO BE A COMMUNITY-BASED APPROACH. LIKE WE SAID EARLIER WE CANNOT RESPOND TO THESE EVENTS BY OURSELVES. THOUGH THE MISSION IS TO NOT ONLY IN RESPONSE FOR PREPARATION OF A GROUP THAT ALLOWS THE COMMUNITY TO PREPARE THEMSELVES FOR AN EVENT LIKE THIS.

WHETHER THAT IS GOING TO TRAINING CONTAINING WE WANT TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE IS PAIRED FOR DISASTERS. OBVIOUSLY IN RESPONSE THIS IS WHAT THEY WOULD BE IN CHARGE OF.

ALSO MITIGATION. OUT OF ME REDUCE THE IMPACT OF DISASTER.

WHAT STEPS CAN THE ORGANIZATION TAKE. THIS GROUP WOULD BE WELL-PLACED

TO PROVIDE THAT SUPPORT TO OUR ENTIRE COMMUNITY. >> FULL SCOPE, IT WILL BE DEFINED BY THE COMMITTEE ONCE IT IS FULLY ESTABLISHED. I DON'T WANT THE COMMITTEE AND LEADERSHIP THAT I'VE MENTIONED EARLIER TO NOT WANT THE GROUP TO BE A ONE-TIME THING AND WAIT THREE YEARS BEFORE WE IMPLEMENT AGAIN. THERE ARE OTHER EVENTS FROM THE STRUCTURE FIRE WHERE A MEMBER OF THE COMMUNITY LOSES EVERYTHING DUE TO TORNADOES OR COVID-19 WHERE IT IMPACTS A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF THE COMMUNITY. SO THE SUCCESS OF THE PROGRAM IS THE ABILITY OF THEM TO PARTICIPATE IN SPECIAL EVENTS AND PROVIDE SUPPORT.

SO, WITH THAT IN MIND I WANTED TO MAKE SURE THIS COAD WAS BUILT TO PROVIDE SUPPORT FROM SMALL-SCALE TO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY. THE SCOPE WILL BE DEFINED BY THE GROUP BUT THAT IS THE GENERAL THINKING AS WE MOVE FORWARD. FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO SERVED YOU KNOW WITH THE WE WOULD HAVE THAT AS A STANDING SKELETON COMMITTEE.

THERE ARE OTHER COMMITTEES BASED ON THE GROUPS IT WILL BE 815 MEMBER COMMITTEE.

EIGHT VOTING MEMBERS WILL BE IDENTIFYING THE PACKET. SEVEN ELECTED VOTING MEMBERS THESE WOULD BE ELECTED BY THE MEMBERS. TWO WILL BE BUSINESSES.

TWO WILL BE NONPROFITS AND THREE WILL BE FAITH-BASED ORGANIZATIONS.

>> ONE THING THAT WAS SUCCESSFUL WAS THE ESTABLISHMENT OF A FIDUCIARY AGENCY.

WE PLAN TO USE THAT SAME MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING FOR THIS.

IT ALLOWS THE CITY TO RECEIVE MONETARY DONATIONS WITHOUT ACTUALLY HAVING TO TOUCH THE MONEY. THAT IS A BIG CHALLENGE. ONE OF THE THINGS RECOMMENDED TO ME ON MY LAST APPOINTMENT WAS TROPICAL STORM AND NELDA AND I WORKED WITH SOME OF THE BEST COAD LIAISONS IN THE STATE. ONE OF THE THINGS THEY HARPED ON WAS TO SET UP A FIGHT DISH VERY TO MANAGE THE MONEY. FORTUNATELY WE TESTED THAT AND THAT IS WHAT WE ARE PROPOSING WILL -- AND WE WILL COME BACK TO FOR FINAL APPROVAL ON THAT PIECE.

>> THE VOTING STRUCTURE OF THIS COMMITTEE IS SOMEWHAT LIMITED WHEN YOU LOOK AT HOW MANY ORGANIZATIONS WE HAVE BEEN THE CITY. I WANT TO EMPHASIZE THAT JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT A VOTING MEMBER DOES NOT MEAN YOU DON'T HAVE A POTENTIAL ROLE.

THAT DOESN'T MEAN THEY CAN'T TAKE A SIGNIFICANT LEADING ROLE IN THIS GROUP.

>> WITH THAT, I ALSO WANT TO MENTION COVID-19'S RESPONSE. THIS PICTURE WAS TAKEN THIS PAST WEEKEND. WE STARTED MEETING SATURDAY I BELIEVE WAS THE FIRST MEETING AT

[02:05:01]

2:00 P.M. I BELIEVE WE HAVE A CONFERENCE CALL AND SOME MEETINGS BEFORE THAT. BUT WE STARTED MEETING AT THE CHAMBER.

NOT ONLY TO PROVIDE INFORMATION TO THE ORGANIZATIONS IN OUR CITY BUT UNDERSTAND WHAT IS BEING PROVIDED RIGHT NOW. WE FOUND OUT QUICKLY THAT OUR FAITH-BASED ORGANIZATIONS HAD ALREADY TAKEN SIGNIFICANT STEPS. THE PURPOSE OF THIS COAD IS TO HELP WITH COMMUNICATION.

WE WANT TO MAKE SURE WE ARE NOT DUPLICATING EFFORTS. WE DO HAVE SOME PEOPLE WHO TRY TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE NATURE OF THE COMMUNITY WE WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN.

>> IS EVOLVING. THIS IS A BAD ANALOGY WE ARE TRYING TO RAISE THE CHICKEN GO BACK AND WARMED THE EGG. IT IS A TYPICAL PROCESS. WE HAVE TO MAKE THE RULES AS WE GO. WITH THAT, ANY QUESTIONS ON IT QUICKSAND YOU ARE WAY AHEAD OF OTHER COMMUNITIES. TANGIBLE MENTION I'M NOT AWARE OF ANY OTHER LOCAL COAD IN NORTH TEXAS. WE WILL BE ONE OF THE ONLY ONES IN THE STATE.

TANGIBLE COUNSEL I HAVE SPECIFIC YOU FIRST FOR COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS.

>> I JUST WANT TO MAKE A COMMENT AND SAY, I THINK IT IS OUTSTANDING THAT WE ARE DOING THIS. YOU ARE PULLING TOGETHER A LOT OF TALENT IN ONE SPOT AND A LOT OF EXPERIENCE AS WELL. SO, I'M JUST REALLY EXCITED TO SEE US DOING THIS AND I THINK IT WILL HELP US NOT ONLY RESPOND TO OUR CURRENT SITUATION BUT ANYTHING ELSE THAT COMES UP.

I APPLAUD YOU AND ALL OF THE MEMBERS FOR STEPPING UP TO PUT THIS TOGETHER.

>>> SO MY QUESTION, OBVIOUSLY WE WILL PROVE THIS TONIGHT SO THE INFORMATION IS IN THE BASKET -- TRACKBACK IT WHAT YOU WANT US TO APPROVE. IT IS NOT A CONSENT AGENDA.

I NOTICED WE DON'T HAVE DEFINITELY HAVE A POSITION FOR GARLAND ISD.

>> WE CAN MAKE THAT HAPPEN. WE CAN KEEP THAT AS A POSITION. I THOUGHT I LEFT THEM IN THERE.

TEN SO YOU ARE THINKING IT IS AN ISD POSITION NOT A ONE POSITION FOR ROCKWELL IN ONE POSITION FOR

GARLAND ISD. >> THERE WILL BE ONE POSITION FOR EACH SCHOOL DISTRICT.

>> I WOULD ASK IS AS WE GO THROUGH THE PROCESS WITH THE COAD THAT WE ARE ALSO ENGAGING ROCKWELL ISD IN THE EFFORTS AND DECISION-MAKING. WE HAVE DONE A GOOD JOB WITH

THAT SO FAR IN REGARDS TO THE DECLARATION. >> THERE WILL BE AN OPPORTUNITY TO PROVIDE DONATIONS IMMEDIATELY. OR SOON AFTER.

>> THAT IS WHY I LOOK AT PEOPLE TO MAKE SURE I AM SAYING THINGS CORRECTLY.

>> ONE AREA I AM CONCERNED ABOUT IS CASE MANAGEMENT. THAT WAS THE MOST DIFFICULT THING IN THE LONG TERM. WE HAD A THIRD PARTY PROVIDE THAT.

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS RIGHT NOW IN REGARDS TO CASE MANAGEMENT? >> I THINK WE HAVE TIME GIVEN THE NATURE OF THIS EVENT TO DO THAT TO DETERMINE EXACTLY -- WILL BE HAVE A THRESHOLD FOR HOW MUCH MONEY WE PROVIDE A RESIDENT, OR A HOUSEHOLD? WE ARE GOING TO BE PART OF DALLAS COUNTY COAD. THEY CAN PROVIDE THE TRAINING FOR US TO BUILD OUR OWN CASE MANAGEMENT. IN TERMS OF HAVING A SOLID PLAN RIGHT NOW FOR DEALING WITH THIS EVENT, WE DON'T HAVE THAT YET. DO WE HAVE TIME TO BUILD THAT, YES.

ANY DONATIONS RECEIVED NOW, WE UNDERSTAND THERE WILL BE A LONG-TERM NEED.

WE ARE NOT DONE WITH THE FATE YET. WE DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW LONG THE LONG-TERM NEEDS MAY BE THERE. BUT WE DON'T HAVE THAT YET.

BUT WE WILL WORK TOWARDS IT. I BELIEVE WE WILL ADD IT WELL AHEAD OF WHEN WE NEED TO START

IMPLEMENTING IT. >> I WOULD -- WHAT I SAY IS NEARLY TELL PRETTY QUICK BECAUSE

[02:10:05]

IT IS EASIER TO HAVE CONVERSATIONS WITH PEOPLE AND SAY PLEASE DONATE TO THIS AND THAT IS HOW WE WILL PROCEED WITH HELPING OUR COMMUNITY AND RESIDENTS.

THAT IS AN EASIER CONVERSATION. >>> ARE THERE ANY SPECIFIC AREAS IN RELATION TO COVID-19.

WE ARE FORMING THIS TONIGHT FORMALLY. BUT Y'ALL HAVE BEEN WORKING THROUGH IT BECAUSE WE A DISASTER ON OUR HANDS. SO ARE THERE ANY AREAS THAT YOU ARE WORKING ON RIGHT NOW THAT YOU COULD SHARE WITH THE PUBLIC THAT WERE FOCUSED ON RELIEF

EFFORTS FOR COVID-19? >> COORDINATING WITH THE SCHOOL DISTRICT FOR THE PROVISION OF MEALS TO STUDENTS AND ALSO ASSISTING THE SENIOR POPULATION. THOSE MOST AT RISK FROM COVID-19. TAT IS THE FOCUS OF THE GROUP SO FAR.

>> ANY SPECIFIC WAY YOU PLAN ON ASSISTING THE SENIOR POPULATION? >> I WILL NEED GUIDANCE.

>> I CAN TELL YOU, PART OF THE THOUGHTS ARE WE ARE HAVING A SPECIAL MEETING TOMORROW NIGHT WITH A FAITH-BASED COMMUNITY. THAT WILL BE A MEETING OF MIND SO THAT WE CAN ACTUALLY HEAR FROM THEM WITH THE NEEDS ARE THAT THEY ARE SEEN IN THE COMMUNITY.

THEY ARE A GOOD CHANCE AS TO WHAT WE WILL SEE OUT THERE. SO, THE TWO THINGS THEY HAVE COME UP WITH IS THAT THERE IS BEEN A THREE TIME -- 83 FOLD INCREASE IN NUMBER OF REQUESTS FROM FOOD BANKS. SO THAT WILL BE A FOCUS TO HELP US WITH REQUESTS THAT COME IN.

AND THAT SAME METHODOLOGY WILL APPLY TO SENIORS WHERE WE MAY HAVE SHUT INS, OR PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT ABLE TO GET OUT TO GET FOOD OR THEY GET TO A GROCERY STORE AND THERE'S NOT A LOT THERE.

THEY CAN'T GET THE ESSENTIALS THAT THEY HAVE TO APPEAR THERE WILL BE A CONCERTED EFFORT TO REACH OUT TO THE SENIOR POPULATION TO FIND OUT WHO IS IN NEED AND CONNECT TO MEET THE

NEEDS. >> THINK YOU. >> AND MAYOR ONE OTHER THING THE GROUP HAS BEEN DOING IS TARGETED EDUCATION FOR SPECIFIC GROUPS. FOR EXAMPLE THERE WAS A CONVERSATION WE HAD ON SUNDAY WITH RESTAURANTS AND ON MONDAY WITH BUSINESSES.

SO EVERY DAY. IT'S BEEN A SPECIFIC CALL WITH A DIFFERENT GROUP.

THAT HAS BEEN ON PURPOSE TO TARGET CERTAIN BUSINESSES AND INDUSTRIES.

>> SO YOU'RE ASKING US THE STRUCTURE ITSELF IS DESIGNED IN THE PACKET.

THE GROUP WILL DECIDE -- BASED ON THEIRS DATA'S, SO, THIS GROUP CANNOT SUCCEED IF IT IS NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE AUTONOMY. SO WE PLAN TO COME BACK TO COUNCIL TO APPROVE THE CHAIRS.

THAT WILL BE SOMETHING WE REQUEST THAT COUNSEL AUTHORIZED TO ANY CHAIR POSITION OUTSIDE OF THE TREASURE. WE DO WANT THE POSITION BECAUSE WE DO HAVE IT.

OUTSIDE OF THAT POSITION THE CHAIR AND SECRETARY WILL HAVE TO BE AUTHORIZED BY COUNSEL.

THE BYLAWS WILL HAVE TO BE APPROVED BY COUNSEL. THE AGREEMENT FOR THE PIE DISH

ORE AGENT WILL BE APPROVED BY COUNSEL. >> BUT TONIGHT THE FORMATION OF

THE COAD, THE POSITION FOR THE STRUCTURE, AND THE -- >> BOTH NAMES AND PERSONS TO BE

APPOINTED NEED TO BE DISCUSSED FOR. >> THAT IS WHAT I WAS GOING TO

SAY. >> ARE GOOD. >> THE ONLY ONE IS THE COUNCIL LIAISON AT THIS POINT OR IS THERE MORE QUICKSAND TO CITY STAFF MEMBERS.

>> WHAT -- WHAT POSITIONS AND NAMES ARE WE ASKED TO LOOK AT TONIGHT?

BECAUSE WE HAVE TO HAVE THAT DISCUSSION HERE. >> SO WE HAVE,.

>> GO AHEAD. >> I AM DEFERRING TO YOU. >> JUST A MINUTE DAVID.

[02:15:04]

>> I WILL SAY THIS. IF WE HAVE TO COME BACK TO COUNCIL.

I BELIEVE WE CAN DO THAT. WE CAN REACH OUT TO THE MEMBERS AND START THE PROCESS.

HOWEVER WE -- ORIGINALLY THOUGHT WE WOULD GET THE APPROVAL FOR US TO NOT HAVE COUNSEL AUTHORIZED

SO ALLOW THE ORGANIZATION TO DETERMINE. >> WOULD YOU LIKE TO TALK TO THE PEOPLE BEFORE WE ANNOUNCE THEIR NAMES AT THE DAIS, IS THAT YOUR POINT QUICKSAND I THINK FOR THE

PERMANENT MEMBERS WE HAVE NAMES. >> I THINK THAT IS WHAT WE ARE ASKING FOR.

>> THAT IS WHAT I'M ASKING. WHAT ARE THE NAMES WE CAN TALK ABOUT THAT.

THIS IS ALBERT DISCUSSION ON THE ITEM. CANCEL FOR THE CHAMBER OF

COMMERCE MICHAEL PIERCE FOR COURT COUNSEL ERIC. >> FOR THE ISD, LOCATION.

FOR CITY COUNCIL, AND FOR CITY COUNCIL. WE ALSO HAVE MEMBERS -- OBVIOUSLY THE CITY MAYORS OFFICE. YOU MAYOR.

>> THERE IS ONLY ONE OF US. >> MAYBE AN EXPANSION IN THE FUTURE.

>> >> OKAY. >> SO COUNSEL ARE YOU OKAY WITH

THAT STRUCTURE? >> WHO WAS FROM THE HOSPITAL? >> JONI.

I DON'T KNOW HER LAST NAME. >> WATSON. >> ANY DISCUSSION ON THAT BEFORE

WE MOVED TO THE COUNCIL LIAISON. >> SO, OBVIOUSLY WHITNEY HAS BEEN WORKING WITH US AS THE EMERGENCY MANAGER EXPERT. I WOULD HIGHLY SUPPORT WHITNEY BUT I AM OPEN TO OTHER

SUGGESTIONS. >> I THINK CASEY IS THE OBVIOUS CHOICE.

>> EVERYONE OKAY WITH THAT. TEN SO DAVID, DID WE RESOLVE YOUR CONCERNS.

>> I WAS CONCERNED BECAUSE THE STAFF REPORT AND THE DRAFT RESOLUTION HAS BLANK SPACES.

I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE, WE DON'T PASS SOMETHING ON THE CONSENT AND GENDER THAT HAS

BLANK SPACES. BUT I WE HAVE NAMES. >> ARE WE DONE WITH THAT?

>> YES. >> WE ARE GOOD. >> ARE WE GOOD COUNSEL?

>> IT IS 7:20 P.M. I WILL PROPOSE THAT ITEM 70 BE DEFERRED TO ANOTHER MEETING.

IT IS NOT CRITICAL TO WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE CITY RIGHT NOW.

IT IS IMPORTANT. WE CAN MOVE IT TO THE END OF THE REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING.

I WOULD WANT IT -- YOU MEAN 3D. >> I AM JUST -- I'M JUST TRYING TO KEEP TRACK OF YOU GUYS ARE

PAYING ATTENTION. >> IT HAS BEEN A LONG WEEK. IT S ONLY TUESDAY.

>> 3D. YES, OKAY. WE HAVE TO TALK ABOUT 3C.

SO WE CAN TALK ABOUT IT FOR 10 MINUTES. THEN WE NEED TO TAKE A BREAK AND START THE REGULAR MEETING AND PICK IT UP AFTERWARDS. I DON'T THINK THIS IS A 40

MINUTE DISCUSSION. LET ME READ IT INTO RECORD. >> IS THAT OKAY.

[3C. Receive update on next steps related to the Public Utility Commission ruling on the case related to the North Texas Municipal Water District’s rates and discuss the City of Rowlett’s possible intervening in the case. (40 minutes)]

>> 3C RECEIVE AN UPDATE ON NEXT STEPS RELATED TO THE PUBLIC UTILITY COMMISSION RULING ON THE CASE RELATED TO THE NORTH TEXAS MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT'S RATES AND DISCUSS THE CITY OF

ROWLETT'S POSSIBLE INTERVENING IN THE CASE. >> I HAVE IT.

GUY'S YOU HAVE SEEN THESE SLIDES. FOR THE RECORD WE WILL HAVE THOSE. I WILL SKIP TO THE CHASE WHICH IS THE DECISION.

SO, AS YOU KNOW THEY HAVE RULED AND THEY HAVE DECLARED THAT THE NORTH TEST THIS WATER RATES WERE ADVERSE TO THE PUBLIC INTEREST. AS A RESULT THERE WILL BE A COST OF SERVICE STUDY THAT IS BEING REQUIRED BY THE COMMISSION. BECAUSE OF THAT, THERE IS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR THE CITY OF ROWLETT AS WELL AS A CUSTOMER, A NON- MEMBER CUSTOMER TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS HEARING AT SOME POINT IF WE DECIDE TO DO SO. SO, THE CUSTOMER COALITION,

[02:20:06]

WHICH IS A LOOSE COALITION BECAUSE IT HAS NOT BEEN OFFICIALLY APPOINTED OR CREATED THROUGH THE VARIOUS CITY COUNCILS. BUT IF YOU REMEMBER THERE ARE 14

CUSTOMERS CITIES AND THERE ARE 20 SPECIAL UTILITY DISTRICTS. >> SO THIS GROUP, HAVE MET.

THERE WAS STRONG CONSENSUS BY THE GROUP, TO FILE A LEGAL INTERVENTION IN THE PC HEARING FOR THE PURPOSE OF INTERVENING ON THE RATE PREMIUM OR CHARGE. THE CITY ALONG WITH EVERY CUSTOMER ENTITY RIGHT NOW AS TO PAY AN ADDITIONAL 5 CENTS. THOUSAND GALLONS.

THAT IS ABOUT 800 PLUS THOUSAND DOLLARS. YOU FIGURE IT HAS BEEN GOING ON.

THE FEE HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED SINCE 1970. ROWLETT HAS PAID MILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN THE UP CHARGE ITSELF NOT TO MENTION ALL OF THE OTHER ENTITIES.

CANCEL ALMOST 50 YEARS WE HAVE BEEN PAYING THAT UP CHARGE. >> SO THE GROUP IS NOT AN CONSENSUS TO TAKE ON THE ISSUE OF TAKE OR PAY. GRANITE WHILE WE UNDERSTAND THERE ARE MEMBERS CITIES THAT ARE FORCING THE ISSUE WHICH IS REALLY THE REASON FOR THE FILING TO BEGIN WITH. THERE ARE A SMALLER GROUP OF CITIES THAT DESIRE TO PARTICIPATE IN A LEGAL INTERVENTION ON THE PART BY ITSELF.

SO JUST THAT. >> IN THE DISCUSSIONS WE HAVE HAD WITH VARIOUS CITY ATTORNEYS --'S VARIOUS INCLUDING OUR OWN CITY ATTORNEY, THERE IS A BELIEVE THERE WOULD BE A CONFLICT OF INTEREST TO HAVE ONE LEGAL FIRM REPRESENT THE DIFFERENT CITIES ON BOTH OF THESE ISSUES. SO THEREFORE IT WOULD END UP BEING TWO LEGAL FIRMS IF WE DECIDE TO INTERVENE ON BOTH. AGAIN, SOME COUNCILS HAVE DECIDED NOT TO INTERVENE ON THE TAKE OR PAY BUT ALMOST UNIVERSAL, THE CITIES WANT TO TAKE ON THIS PREMIUM ISSUE.

THEY ARE MORE CONCERNED QUITE FRANKLY THAT THE PREMIUM COULD BE INCREASED.

WE HAVE HEARD SOME MEMBERS EXPRESS, SOME MEMBERS OF THE WATER DISTRICT EXPRESS THEY SHOULD THINK IT SHOULD BE AN ARBITRARY 50 CENTS. FIFTY CENTS FROM THIS COALITION AND THE 34 MEMBERS WOULD BE OVER $8 MILLION. YEAR.

SO THERE'S A LOT AT STAKE. THERE'S MILLIONS OF DOLLARS AT STAKE HERE IF THERE IS NOT SOME RATIONALE FOR SUCH A PREMIUM. THE ONLY WAY WE GET OUR FOOT IN THE DOOR TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS DISCUSSION, THIS IS THE 34 NONMEMBER ENTITIES THAT THIS PREMIUM AFFECTS.

IF BY LEGALLY INTERVENING. SO PRETTY MUCH UNIVERSAL. ALL OF THE CITIES ONE AND ON

THIS. >>> IF THE SPECIAL UTILITY DISTRICTS THOUGH OUR SHARE COULD BE 18% BUT IT WILL VARY DEPENDING ON IF ALL 14 NONMEMBER CUSTOMERS PARTICIPATE IT IS HARD TO SAY IF THEY WILL PARTICIPATE BUT MOST OF THEM HAVE NOT PARTICIPATED IN THE MEETINGS OF THE CALLS. SO WE DON'T KNOW WHERE THEY WILL LAND ON THIS.

BUT AGAIN, I BELIEVE MOST OF THE CUSTOMER CITIES WILL WANT TO PARTICIPATE.

OUR SHARE WOULD BE 20% OF THE COST. >> MOST LIKELY THE INTERVENTION WILL REQUIRE A RATE CONSULTANT FOR EXPERT TESTIMONY. THIS IS ONE WHERE IF THERE WILL BE AN ALTERNATIVE, REMEMBER, WE DO NOT BELIEVE THERE IS ANY LOGICAL RATIONALE AT THIS TIME THAT THE FEE HAS BEEN IN PLACE BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN IN PLACE FOR SUCH A LONG TIME IN NO ARGUMENT OR RATIONALE SENSE. WE WANT TO RECOMMEND A SECOND RATE CONSULTANT TO PROVIDE

[02:25:06]

TESTIMONY. THE ATTORNEY SAID TODAY EACH CITY THAT WANTS TO PARTICIPATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO PAY AN UPFRONT RETAINER OF $5,000 AND THERE WOULD BE A SEPARATE, LETTER OF ENGAGEMENT. AT SUCH TIME WE WOULD CREATE A FORM OF COALITION AND WE COULD DO SOMETHING AS A GROUP. BUT TODAY WE DON'T HAVE THAT. SO EACH ENTITY THAT WOULD PARTICIPATE WOULD DO SO BY AN ENGAGEMENT LETTER. WHAT WE HAVE AS THE FIRST DECISION POINT, IT WOULD BE DOES THE CITY AGREE THAT WE WILL PARTICIPATE AND IF THE CONSENSUS IS YES, I WILL EXECUTE THAT TOMORROW AND WE WILL BRING IT BACK FOR FORMAL RATIFICATION BY

A LATER DATE. >> DID YOU DISCUSS MARCH 26 FOR WHERE YOU ABOUT TO PICK.

>> I WILL AFTER THE SECOND POINT. TED SO THEN A SMALLER GROUP OF CITIES, WE THINK THERE COULD BE THREE OR FIVE, THEY WANT TO TAKE ON THE TAKE-OR-PAY ISSUE.

IF WE TAKE IN ON WOULD BE A SEPARATE LEGAL FIRM. THERE IS ANOTHER LONGFORM -- FIRM WE HAVE SPOKE TO THAT IS WILLING TO DO THIS. AGAIN WITH THE TAKE-OR-PAY, WE DON'T BELIEVE THERE WOULD BE A NEED FOR RATE CONSULTANT. WE JUST WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS. IT SHOULD COST LESS BUT BECAUSE FEWER MEMBERS ARE PARTICIPATING IN HIS POSSIBLE OUR PERSONAL COSTS COULD BE A LITTLE MORE. THAT MEETING IS SCHEDULED FOR

TOMORROW MORNING. >> AGAIN, IT WOULD BE THE SAME KIND OF SET UP IN TERMS OF COST.

EACH CITY WOULD HAVE TO PAY AN UPFRONT RETAINER. WE DON'T KNOW THE AMOUNT YET.

AGAIN, IF COUNSEL IS WILLING ON THAT I WOULD SIGN AN ENGAGEMENT LETTER AND NOT TOMORROW BUT AS SOON AS WE CAN PUT TOGETHER THE ENGAGEMENT LETTER AND BRING THEM BACK AGAIN TO COUNSEL FOR

RATIFICATION. >>> THERE IS A SENSE OF URGENCY. I WILL TELL YOU THAT RIGHT NOW, IT IS BELIEVED THAT IF WE INTERVENE, THERE COULD BE A LOT OF TIME AT LEAST SEVERAL MONTHS AND IT COULD BE LONGER, TO PARTICIPATE IN THAT PART. ON MARCH 26, IT IS THE DEADLINE FOR THE MEMBERS CITIES TO EXPRESS INTEREST IN INTERVENING. THERE ARE SEVERAL PEOPLE IN THE COALITION OF SEVERAL CITIES AS WELL AS THE ATTORNEY THAT WE SPOKE TO TODAY, WHO ARE EXPRESSING CONCERNS THAT IF WE DON'T GET SOME SORT OF INTEREST IN THIS ESTABLISH, THEY WILL BLOCK IT OUT ONLY TO MEMBERS. NOT EVERYBODY IS IN AGREEMENT WITH THAT BUT WE ARE CONCERNED ENOUGH THAT, THAT THE ATTORNEY TODAY AT LEAST RECOMMENDED NOT A FULL-FLEDGED INTERVENTION THAT WE MAY HAVE THAT COULD BE 100 PAGES BY OURSELVES AT ONE POINT BUT AT LEAST SOME SORT OF INTEREST LETTER THAT SAYS, WE AS THE CITY OF ROWLETT ONE TO PARTICIPATE AND INTERVENE IN THIS CASE. ONE OF THE ISSUES WE NEED TO BE AT THE TABLE BEFORE MARCH 26 SAYING WE NEED TO BE THERE. THAT IS THE -- IT DOESN'T MEAN THERE'S A LOT OF LEGAL FEES

BETWEEN ON THAT BUT WE HAVE TO PUT OUR NAME AND I HAD. >> MY LAST POINT.

GIVEN THE FACT AND THE POSSIBILITY OF A RATE CONSULTANT, WE ARE ASKING CONSOL TO CONSIDER SETTING ASIDE $250,000 OUT OF OUR UTILITY RESERVES AT THIS POINT, IF IT'S NECESSARY. THERE IS TIME TO GET INTO -- UNTIL WE KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE

[02:30:13]

WILL PARTICIPATE WE DON'T BELIEVE THE SECOND INTERVENTION WILL COST AS MUCH AS THE FIRST.

>> AND THE POINT ON THE TAKE-OR-PAY. THERE'S PEOPLE AT THE TABLE ARGUING. WE JUST NEED TO PRESENT THAT WE ARE A PARTY TOO.

THERE'S NOT A MEMBER CITY THAT WILL TAKE UP THE CAUSE SO THAT BECOMES A MUCH MORE INVOLVED

SITUATION. >> SO WHY DO WE NEED TO DO A PARALLEL STUDY IF IT'S NOT

ACCEPTABLE MAYBE WE SHOULD INITIATE OUR OWN. >> WHAT THE ATTORNEY EXPLAINED IS WE ARE IN DEFENSIVE POSTURE. THEY FEEL HAPPY ABOUT THAT. THE WATER DISTRICT IS -- THE BURDEN OF DOING THIS INITIAL RATE ANALYSIS IS ON THEM. OUR RATE CONSULTANT THAT WE WOULD HIRE, WITH PICKING APART. THEY WOULD DEFEND OUR POSITION ON THE PREMIUM UP CHARGE FOR THE SAKE OF THE CUSTOMER CITIES. IT WOULD BE SOMEONE REPRESENTING OUR INTEREST.

>> MY NEXT QUESTION WOULD BE WHO'S PAYING FOR THE RATE STUDY. >> WE ARE NOT PAYING FOR IT.

>> OF TALKING ABOUT, THE RATE STUDY THAT THEY ORDERED. WHO IS PAYING FOR THAT AND THAT

CAN DETERMINE OUTCOMES. >> THE INITIAL STUDY WILL BE PAID FOR SUBMITTED BY THE DISTRICT. THEN IT SHIFTS TO THE MEMBERS CITIES THAT ARE THE PRIMARY PARTIES TO SUBMIT THEIR COMPETING STUDIES. WE WILL HAVE THE BURDEN AS AN INTERVENING PARTY TO SUBMIT -- TO CONTEST EVERYTHING ELSE OR SUBMIT OUR OWN STUDY.

>> MAKE NO MISTAKE, THE INDIVIDUAL RESIDENTS END UP PAYING FOR ALL OF THIS

UNFORTUNATELY. >> SURE. >> THAT IS BECAUSE WE HAVE A

CONTRACT THAT SHOULD BE IN PLACE. >> THEY ARE PROBABLY HIRING A RATE CONSULTANT AS WELL. WE WOULD PROBABLY WANT A SEPARATE ONE LOOKING AT IT FROM

THE CUSTOMER STANDPOINT. >> OURS WITH RIGHT THE COATTAILS OF THEIR EXPERT BUT WE WILL DIVERGE FROM THEIR OPINIONS TO THE EXTENT THAT THEY MAY REPRESENT AN UP CHARGE OF 50

CENTS. >> SPECIFICALLY LOOKING AT THE UP CHARGE COMPONENT.

>> WE NEED AN EXPERT TO WATCH OUT FOR OUR INTEREST. >> THIS IS THE ONE THAT HAS MORE

BUY-IN FROM THE COALITION. >> THAT IS THE ISSUE. >> I UNDERSTAND.

>> MY OTHER QUESTION WAS YOU SAID 3-4-5, THERE'S ALWAYS STRENGTH IN NUMBERS.

IS THERE WAY THEY CAN JUMP ON LATER ON. >> AT THIS STAGE THERE ARE A COUPLE BUT STILL NEED THEIR COUNCILS. THEY HAVE A LATER DATE AND TIME.

THEY STILL NEED THEIR COUNSEL TO GIVE THEM THE BLESSING. EVERYONE IS PRETTY MUCH IN ON THE FIRST ITEM. BUT THERE ARE A LOT MORE CITIES THAT HAVE DECIDED THEY WOULD NOT

TAKE ON THE TAKE OR PAY ISSUE. >> WE THOUGHT THIS WAS MOVING FAST UNTIL WE SAW HOW FAST

COVID-19 WAS MOVING. >> THIS IS DIFFERENT THAN ONE WHICH I THOUGHT MAY HAVE HAPPENED. SO IF THEY SEE IT IS PROGRESSING MAYBE THEY WILL JUMP ON IT.

I WOULD BE COMPLETELY IN FAVORABLE OF THESE. >> WE HAVE TO PUT OUR NAME IN

TH HAT ON TAKE-OR-PAY. >> THE BIGGEST LOSER WOULD BE THE CUSTOMERS.

>> I FEEL STRONGLY, WE SHOULD MOVE FORWARD AND CONTINUE BEING THE LEADER FROM THE FRONT AND OUT THE BACK. WE SHOULD PUSH THIS WHOLE DEAL FOR.

>> WE WILL BRING THE ENGAGEMENT LETTER AT THE NEXT COUNCIL MEETING.

WE WILL MOVE FORWARD WITH PAIN AND RETAINER AND SIGNING THE ENGAGEMENT LETTER.

BRIAN AND I HAVE A CALL TOMORROW WITH THE SECOND ATTORNEY AND WE WILL ME -- MOVE FORWARD WITH

THAT. >> WE WILL TAKE A BRIEF BREAK, COUPLE OF MINUTES THEN WE WILL

[02:35:03]

START OUR REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.

[4. DISCUSS CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS]

>> THANK YOU DREW. IT IS NOW 9:38 P.M. WE ARE BACK IN SESSION.

[2. EXECUTIVE SESSION (5:00 P.M.)]

IN THE CITY COUNCIL SHALL RECONVENE HERE CONSULTATION WITH ATTORNEY.

DELIBERATION REGARDING REAL PROPERTY TO DELIBERATE THE PURCHASE SALE OR EXCHANGE OF REAL PROPERTY WHERE DELIBERATION IN AN OPEN MEETING WOULD HAVE A DETRIMENTAL EFFECT ON THE CITY'S POSITION WITH THE NORTH TEXAS AUTHORITY. AND TO RECEIVE LEGAL ADVICE FROM THE CITY ATTORNEY ON A TRANSACTION.

* This transcript was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.