Link

Social

Embed

Download

Download
Download Transcript

[1. CALL TO ORDER]

[2. EXECUTIVE SESSION (5:00 P.M.)*]

[3A. Discuss the COVID-19 event and take any necessary action. (20 minutes)]

[00:05:01]

THERE ARE A LOT OF SPECIALIZED THINGS.

[00:05:08]

THESE THINGS LIKE THAT. AGAIN, EACH ONE HAS SPECIAL RULES. YOU CAN GO TO TECHS.GOV AND IF YOU GO THERE YOU CAN FIND YOURS AND CLICK ON IT AND THAT'S WHERE WE'LL FIND DIRECTION. WE'LL HAVE LINKED TO THE SAME INFORMATION. I LIKE THIS CHART.

THIS WAS AS OF YESTERDAY. THEY DO UPDATE THIS SLIDE EVERY DAY. ONE THING I WANTED TO POINT OUT WITH THIS SLIDE, THERE WAS A TIME WHEN HARRIS COUNTY , THE OTHER THING I WANTED TO POINT OUT IS AS OF YESTERDAY THERE HAVE BEEN 1.5 MILLION TEST PERFORMED.

MUCH OF THAT DONE BY PRIVATE SECTOR.

WELL OVER 70%. WITHOUT THAT PRIVATE SECTOR PROVIDING THE TEST, THEN THERE WOULD BAY LOT OF PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT TESTED. I WILL REPEAT SOMETHING JUDGE GENERAL KINS SAID MONDAY AND THAT THE NUMBER OF CASES IN TEXAS IS MUCH LIKE AN ICEBERG BECAUSE NOT EVERYBODY IS BEING TESTED. SO WE HAVE 89,000 CASES IN TEXAS BUT THERE IS A LOT MORE CASES OF PEOPLE WHO ARE ASYMPTOMATIC, NOT SHOWING SIGNS THAT WE JUST DON'T KNOW BECAUSE WE'RE NOT GETTING EVERYBODY TESTED. IN ARE ROW WE HAVE 127,000 CASES TODAY. ROCK WELL COUNTY HAS 235.

IT SURROUNDS US. WE'RE STILL FORTUNATE THAT NO EMPLOYEES HAVE CONTRACTED WITH VIRUS AT THIS TIME.

SO THIS CHART I LIKE TO SHOW THIS CHART BECAUSE WHAT IT DOES IS SHOW CAPACITY. THIS IS NORTH TEXAS.

IT'S 19 COUNTIES IN NORTH TEXAS. -T IT'S NOT JUST DALLAS COUNTY.

YOU CAN SEE WE'RE ABOUT 2/3 OCCUPANCY IN TERMS OF TOTAL HOSPITAL BEDS. ICS ABOUT 2/3 AS WELL IN TERMS OF THOSE MANY ICU. THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT SOME OF THE FOLKS THAT HAVE HAD THE WORST CASE OF COVID HAVE BEEN ON A VENTILATOR SOMETIMES WEEKS AT A TIME, THERE ARE STILL VENTILATORS AVAILABLE. WE'RE ONLY UTILIZING ABOUT 1/3 OF THE CAPACITY FOR THAT. SHITSO THAT IS GOOD NEWS.

>> SPECIFIC TO DALLAS COUNTY TODAY WE GOT THE NEWS THAT DALLAS COUNTY HAD OVER 3 HUNKER I THINK THAT'S FOR A WEEK IN A ROW. SOME OF THIS INFORMATION IS AS OF JUNE 15TH WHICH WAS YESTERDAY.

THERE WERE 302 CASES. TODAY I THINK THERE IS MORE THAN 302. FOR ABOUT FOUR OR FIVE DAYS IN A ROW DALLAS COUNTY HIT A NEW RECORD EVERY DAY FOR THE NUMBER OF CASES. WE HAVE MOVED FROM MORE AROUND 225 CASES A DAY TO OVER 300. AGAIN OVER THE CASES REQUIRING HOSPITALIZATION OVER 80% HAVE BEEN FROM CRITICAL INSTRUCT.

INFRASTRUCTURE. THOSE ON THE FRONT LINES AND THOSE OVER 65 YEARS OF AGE. THERE HAS BEEN A LOT OF MISINFORMATION ABOUT THE COVID 19 AND A LOT OF PEOPLE THINK THAT IT'S ONLY THOSE THAT ARE MOST AT RISK ARE OVER 65 YEARS OF AGE. 2/3 HAVE BEEN UNDER 65.

[00:10:07]

AGAIN, LAST SLIDE, WE STILL HAVE DRIVE THROUGH TESTING IN ROWLETT AT THE WAL-MART SUPER CENTER SO YOU CAN GET TESTED THERE.

THERE ARE OTHER SITES AS WELL. THAT IS MY REPORT AT THIS TIME.

>> THANK YOU VERY MUCH. COUNCIL, ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO DISCUSS AT THIS TIME? SEEING NONE I'LL MOVE TO THE NEXT AGENDA ITEM.

THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE BRIAN. ITEM 3B DISCUSS PROPOSED

[3B. Discuss a proposed development agreement for the 765-unit residential development known as Trails at Cottonwood Creek. The approximately 227-acre site is generally located at the northeast corner of Vinson Road and Stonewall Road, in the City of Rowlett, Dallas County, Texas. (60 minutes)]

DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT FOR THE RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT KNOWN AS TRAILS AT COTTON WOOD CREEK. APPROXIMATELY 227-ACRE SITE AT THE CORNER OF VINCENT ROAD AND STONEWALL ROAD IN THE CITY OF ROWLETT. WHO IS GOING START THAT

DISCUSSION? >> WELCOME.

>> THANK YOU. >> GOOD EVENING MAYOR AND MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL. WANTED TO TAKE THE OPPORTUNITY TODAY TO VISIT WITH YOU REGARDING A DRAFT DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT FOR THE TRAILS AT COTTONWOOD CREEK.

IT SEEMS LIKE I HAVE A LOT OF SLIDES IN MY PRESENTATION BUT MOST OF THEM ARE BACKGROUND INFORMATION JUST TO GOING EVERYBODY'S MEMORY. I WANTED TO PROVIDE A QUICK SYNOPSIS OF WHAT HAS HAPPENED THUS FAR WITH THIS PROPERTY WITH THIS DEVELOPMENT AND THE APPLICANT.

IN OCTOBER THE EXISTING PLAT DEVELOPMENT WAS AMENDED AS IT RELATES TO UNIT SIZES AND STANDARDS.

OCTOBER OF THE SAME YEAR FACILITIES AGREEMENT WAS ALSO PENNED IN THE AMOUNT OF 1 PRINCIPLE $53,000 FOR THE INSTALLATION OF WATER INFRASTRUCTURE.

AND FAST FORWARD INTO EARLIER THIS YEAR IN MARCH THE APPLICANT REQUESTED A PD TO FACILITATE THE INSTALLATION OF ON SITE INFRASTRUCTURE AND AMENITIES. IT WAS TABLED ON MARCH 17.

TO SATISFY SOME PROCEDURAL ELEMENTS THAT WERE RAISED BY OUR LEGAL COUNCIL. ON MARCH 17TH IT WAS APPROVED WITH A CAVEAT THAT A SOLUTION AGREEMENT WITH HELD IF TRUST WITH THE CITY ATTORNEY AND TO BE ONLY ACCEPTED -- AND THE INTENT OF THAT WAS TO LOOK AT OPTIONS AND OPPORTUNITIES ASSOCIATED WITH CREATING A DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT AND WORK WITH THE DEVELOPER TO DETERMINE IF ANY ENHANCEMENTS OR SPECIAL ELEMENTS WERE INTRODUCED WITH THIS PROJECT THAT GO ABOVE AND BEYOND THE BASIC CODE REQUIREMENTS.

SO THAT BEING SAID THIS IS WHERE WE ARE.

WE'VE WORKED CLOSELY WITH THE APPLICANT AND I WILL START GOING THROUGH ALL THE ELEMENTS THAT ARE REFLECTED IN THE DRAFT DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT. I'M SURE WE'VE ALL FAMILIARIZED OURSELVES WITH THESE NUMBERS. WE'VE BEEN LOOKING AT THEM SINCE MARCH OF THIS YEAR THAT BASICALLY DISCUSS THE FINANCIAL ELEMENTS AND THE ESTIMATED BOND ISSUANCE IS $8.8 MILLION.

THE MAXIMUM TAX RATE IS -- NEXT SLIDE PLEASE. AGAIN I WANTED TO PROVIDE A VERY LACY KNOP SIS OF WHAT THAT WOULD MEAN IN TERMS OF TAXES.

THE PROPERTY DOES HAVE A PORTION IN ROCK WE WILL COUNTY.

IT'S PRIMARILY LOCATED IN DALLAS COUNTY.

IF THAT .324 ASSESSMENT WAS LEVIED THEN THOSE WOULD AMOUNT TO A TOTAL OF $3.118 AS IT RELATES TO TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH DALLAS COUNTY CITY OF ROWLETT TAXES AND GARLAND ISD.

WHEN WE MET THE MARCH, JANUARY EARLIER THIS YEAR WITH THE APPLICANT, SOME OF THE COMPONENTS THAT WERE DISCUSSED WITH THE COUNCIL WERE THE APPLICANT WOULD PROVIDE CERTAIN FEATURES SUCH AS OPEN SPACE OR TRAIL SYSTEMS BUT THERE WAS NO SPECIFICITY ASSOCIATED WITH THAT.

FAST FORWARD TO WHERE WE ARE NOW WE'VE BEEN ABLE TO WORK DILIGENTLY WITH THE APPLICANT AND WE ARE GOING TO NOW PRESENT SOME OF THE AMENITIES THAT LACKED THAT SPECIFICITY WE'LL DISCUSS TODAY. I'VE PROVIDED AND I HOPE IT'S LEGIBLE ON YOUR SCREENS, I PROVIDED ON THE LEFT OF YOUR

[00:15:02]

SCREEN YOU'LL SEE THE APPROVED CONCEPT PLAN WE APPROVED IN OCTOBER. ON THE RIGHT ARE SOME MODIFICATIONS ASSOCIATED WITH WHAT THE APPLICANT IS PROPOSING.

I'LL TRY AND WALK YOU THROUGH WHAT THOSE CHANGES ARE.

IF YOU CAN SEE TO THE LEFT OF YOUR SCREEN BY THE ROUND ABOUT OR TRAFFIC CIRCLE IN THE APPROVED CONCEPT PLAN, THEY REFLECTED THE SITE PLAN REFLECTS AN AMENITY CENTER.

THE APPLICANT IS PROPOSING TO RELOCATE THAT AMENITY CENTER FURTHER INTO THE DEVELOPMENT AND YOU CAN SEE ALMOST RECTANGLE GREEN SHAPE ON THE PROJECT. THAT IS ADJACENT TO SOME STREET NETWORKS. AND THEY ARE RELOCATING THAT FROM THE PRIMARY NEIGHBORHOOD ENTRY THAT I JUST MENTIONED TO A MORE CENTRAL LOCATION. THIS WILL POTENTIALLY ELIMINATE TRAFFIC CONFLICTS. IN ADDITION THIS NEW LOCATION THEY ARE PROPOSING WOULD HAVE FRONTAGE ON TWO NEIGHBORHOOD STREETS YOU CAN SEE. THOSE ARE THE WHITE SEXTONS PLANS. SECTIONS ON THE PLAN. IT BECOME ACE COMMUNAL AREA OR FOCAL POINT TO THE DEVELOPMENT. THIS WE FEEL IS A BETTER PLAN THAN WHAT WAS APPROVED IN THE ORIGINAL PLAN.

IT DOES NOT ALTER NUMBER OF LOTS OR CHANGE THE DENSITY.

THIS NEXT SLIDE ALSO ADDRESSES SOME ADDITIONAL CHANGES THAT WERE MADE ON THIS LAYOUT. AS YOU CAN SEE THE LOT TYPE DISTRIBUTION THAT I'VE REFLECTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS, THIS WAS APPROVED. TONO CHANGES TO THAT.

THEY'VE RELOCATED SOME OF THOSE LOTS.

THEY ARE COLOR CODED WITH A LIGHT YELLOW, DEEPER YELLOW AND MUSTARD COLOR. THE TYPE THREE LOTS HAVE BEEN REDISTRIBUTED TO THE NORTHERN SECTION OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD.

AND IN ADDITION THE APPLICANT HAS PROVIDED A BETTER STREET NETWORK SYSTEM IN THE NORTHERN HALF OF THE COMMUNITY AND PROVIDED CONTINUOUS STREET ON THE WEST.

AT ONE POINT IF YOU LOOK TO THE LEFT OF YOUR SCREEN IT JUST TED INTO OR DIED AND DID NOT HAVE THE APPROPRIATE CIRCULATION.

WE'RE VERY PLEASED TO SEE THAT THE APPLICANT IS PROVIDING PRESERVATION OF TREE CANOPY FOR THE TYPE THREE LOT SITUATED IN THE NORTHWEST QUADRANT OF THE PROPERTY.

YOU CAN SEE WITH THE OVERLAY THERE IS A LARGE TREE CANOPY STAND AS I CALL IT. SOME OF THE TYPE TWO LOTS AND I'LL DISCUSS WHAT MEAN BY TYPE ONE, TWO'S AND THREE LOTS.

SOME OF THE TYPE TWO LOTS WERE CHANGED TO TYPE THREE LOTS.

DENSITY WAS NOT IMPACTED WITHIN THAT QUADRANT TO BETTER TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE CONDITIONS BEING CREATED AS A RESULT OF POCKET PARKS OR OPEN SPACE AS A RESULT OF RETAINING THE TREES AND STREET NETWORK. LITTLE BIT HEAVY SLIDE HERE BUT IT GIVES A GOOD EXAMPLE OF WHAT I'M REFERRING TO WHEN I SPEAK TO TYPE ONE LOTS, TYPE TWO LOTS AND TYPE THREE LOTS.

THE CODE IDENTIFIES SPECIFIC LOT CATEGORIES OR LOT TYPES.

AND WITHIN THOSE LOT TYPES YOU HAVE SUBGROUPS OR SUBSETS THAT IDENTIFY TYPE OF RESIDENTIAL STRUCTURE OR PRODUCT THAT CAN BE ESTABLISHED WITHIN THOSE. FOR THE TYPE ONE LOTS REALLY ARE THE LARGEST DETACHED PRODUCT IN THE FORM BASED CODES.

FURTHER FROM THE STREET MANY RELATION TO OTHER LOT TYPES WE HAVE. THEY HAVE A MINIMUM LOT WIDTH REQUIREMENT OF 50 FEET AND THEY ALLOW FRONT LOADED.

OTHERWISE ALL PRODUCTS ARE ACCESSED THROUGH AN ALLEY.

TYPE TWO LOTS ARE THE SMALLER LOT TYPES AND THEY HAVE A RANGE OVERLOUD WIDTH WHICH IS 29-49 FEET.

THEY ARE DETACH AND MAY BE AS CLOSE TO THE PROPERTY LINE -- LET ME CHECK THAT NUMBER FOR YOU.

CLOSE AS 12 FEET FROM THE PROPERTY LINE.

THEN TYPE THREE LOTS AND THESE ARE THE ONES I WAS REFERRING TO THAT WERE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE OPEN SPACE ALLOCATED ON THE REVISED PLAN. THESE HOMES TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THAT AND THEY ARE CALLED NEWS CONDITION HOMES.

YOU CAN HAVE MULTIUNIT HOMES AS PART OF THIS CATEGORY.

IN OUR LAST PRESENTATION THE APPLICANT PRESENTED IN MARCH THAT THEY WOULD HAVE HIKE AND BIKE TRAILS.

THEY WOULD HAVE OPEN SPACE ELEMENTS.

[00:20:03]

IT LACKED THE SPECIFICITY AND I KEEP USING THAT WORD OVER AND OVER AND I APOLOGIZE BUT THE SPECIFICITY WHAT ARE WE TALKING IN TERMS OF HOW MUCH HIKE AND BIKE TRAIL, HOW MANY LINEAR FEET, HOW WIDE , WHAT TYPE OF MATERIAL, THOSE TYPES OF THINGS.

AND SO WE SAT DOWN AT THE TABLE AND PUT OUR HEADS TOGETHER , THE APPLICANT AS A RESULT YOU CAN SEE A PROPOSED HIKE AND BIKE TRAIL. THAT IS REFLECTED IN THE RED DOTTED LINES ON THE SCREEN. AND YOU CAN SEE THEY GO THROUGH PROPOSED SUBDIVISION AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE OPEN SPACE.

THEY ARE PROPOSING A MINIMUM THREE MILE TRAIL SYSTEM OR GREEN BELT WHICH CONNECTS TO SECTORS OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD TO THE POCKET PARKS , THE NATURAL ELEMENTS AND RECREATIONAL AMENITIES OF THE COMMUNITY. THE WIDTH OF THIS GREEN HIKE AND BIKE TRAIL IS 8 FEET. AND WHEN I SAY GREEN HIKE AND BIKE TRAILS , WHAT I'M SAYING IS THE TRAIL CONSTRUCTION OR MATERIALS USED TO CONSTRUCT THE TRAIL WILL BE DECOMPOSED BY IMPERVIOUS MATERIALS TO ENSURE THAT EROSION IS MINIMIZED.

AFTER REVIEWING THIS SPECIAL ENHANCEMENT THEY ARE PROVIDING, IT IS A SPECIAL ENHANCEMENT BECAUSE IT IS NOT PART OF THE FORM BASE CODE REQUIREMENT. THESE TRAIL SYSTEMS ARE ALSO NOT PART OF THE CITY'S TRAIL NETWORK AND PROPOSED LIST PERMEABLE WHICH REDUCES STORMWATER RUN OFF AND MITIGATES THE HEAT ISLAND EFFECT. THE APPLICANT IS ALSO PROPOSING PEDESTRIAN CORRIDORS. SO IN ADDITION TO THE PROPOSED HIKE AND BIKE TRAILS. IN ADDITION TO THE REQUIRED SIDEWALKS ON THE STREET FRONTAGES WITHIN THE SUBDIVISION AND PER CITY CODE AND FORM BASED CODE , THE APPLICANT WANTS TO PROVIDE PEDESTRIAN CORRIDORS BETWEEN THE BIKE AND HIKE TRAILS, NEIGHBORHOOD SIDEWALKS AND THE POCKET PARKS.

THESE CORRIDORS WILL CREATE ADDITIONAL SEPARATION FROM VEHICLES AND WILL ALLOW PEDESTRIAN MOVEMENT THROUGH USE OF PATHS AND LANDSCAPING TO CREATE A PROMENADE EFFECT OR BOULEVARD EFFECT. THESE CORRIDORS WILL BE A MINIMUM OF 25 FEET IN WIDTH AND MINIMUM OF 3,000 LINEAR FEET OF PEDESTRIAN CORRIDORS. AS YOU CAN SEE WITH THE RED ARROWS ON THE CONCEPT PLAN, THAT IS THE INTENTION OF THE 25-FOOT WIDE SPACES TO PROVIDE THAT CONNECTIVITY.

THE APPLICANT SAID THEY WOULD HAVE POCKET PARKS AND OPEN SPACES AND THEY COULD HAVE -- THEY SHOWED US SOME PICTURES.

WHAT WE WANTED TO SEE FROM A DEVELOPMENT STANDPOINT IS TO UNDERSTAND WHERE ARE THESE POCKET PARKS AND WHAT PURPOSE WOULD THEY EVERYBODY IS. AND ON THAT SCREEN ON THE CONCEPT PLAN THAT YOU SEE IN FRONT OF YOU, THEY ARE LABELED A, B, C AND D. THEY'VE MAINTAINED AND PRESERVED SOME EXISTING GREEN AREA WITH MATURE TREE CANOPY.

ONE OF THE THINGS WE WANTED TO WORK WITH THE APPLICANT FUR GOING TO PROVIDE THESE OPEN SPACES, WE WANT TO UNDERSTAND HOW THEY WILL BE AMENTISSED , THE PARKS THEMSELVES.

THERE IS ACTIVE OPEN SPACE AND PASSIVE OPEN SPACE BEING PROPOSED. POCKET PARKS MAY CONSIST OF STREET ISLANDS, BOULEVARDS AND PUBLIC AREAS BECAUSE THEY ARE IN ADDITION TO. THE MINIMUM SIZE WOULD BE .2 ACRES. I THINK E AT THE TOP OF YOUR SCREEN FULFILLS THAT MINIMUM AREA REQUIREMENT.

EACH PARK WILL INCLUDE AT LEAST ONE ENHANCEMENT OPTION.

IN YOUR REPORT THERE IS A BIG MATRIX THAT IDENTIFIES THOSE OPTION. I WANTED TO IDENTIFY SOME OF THEM, FIRE PITTS, SHADE STRUCTURES, DOG PARK AND STORYTELLING TREE. THESE ARE INTENDED TO BE SPREAD OR DISPERSED THROUGHOUT DEVELOPMENT ALLOWING AND ENCOURAGING COMMUNAL ACTIVITY% AND PARTICIPATION.

THESE OPEN SPACES GO ABOVE AND BEYOND WHAT IS REQUIRED BY THE CODE. ONE OF THE QUESTIONS THAT WE ASKED THE APPLICANT IS WHAT ARE YOU PROPOSING IN TERMS OF SCREENING. WE HAD SEEN SOME INTERESTING PICTURES AND LARGE MATURE TREE CANOPY WITH A SIDEWALK.

[00:25:02]

THE APPLICANT AND TO MIRROR THAT WHEN THE TREES REACH THEIR MATURITY. THE APPLICANT IS PROPOSING TO INTEGRATE SCREENING AND LANDSCAPING WITH STONE WALL ROADS AND YOU CAN SEE A SLIVER OF ORANGE COLORED AREA.

THAT'S THE GIS PROPERTY. THEY WANT TO HAVE A NATURAL SEPARATION FROM THE GIS SITE AS WELL.

A SIDEWALK OR TRAIL WILL ME ANDER IN THE BUFFER AREA PROVIDING A MORE PLEASANT PEDESTRIAN EXPERIENCE.

HOWEVER THEY ARE ALSO DEDICATING A MINIMUM OF 80-FOOT BUFFER AREA ALONG VINCENT ROAD, 40 ALONG STONEWALL AND 25 FEET ALONG THE GIS SITE. LANDSCAPING WILL BE PROVIDED WITHIN THE BUFFER AREAS WITH ONE CANOPY TREE FOR EVERY 30 LINEAR FEET. WE'VE TALKED ABOUT GREEN INFRASTRUCTURE AND ELEMENTS OF GREEN INFRASTRUCTURE.

BUT THE APPLICANT WILL BE PROVIDING GREEN IRRIGATION.

GREEN IRRIGATION SYSTEMS WILL UTILIZE RAIN WATER TO IRRIGATE LANDSCAPING WITHIN THE DEVELOPMENT, THE POCKETER PARKS , THE OPPORTUNITY TO CREATE RAIN GARDENS WILL EXIST.

AND REALLY THE SYSTEM WILL FUNCTION BY CORRECTING RAIN WATER FROM IMPERVIOUS SURFACES AND DRAIN TO BE DEPOSITED INTO THE LAKE SYSTEM. THE INTENT WITH THIS DEVELOPMENT IS ENSURE THE STORMWATER DRAINS AWAY FROM THE BUILDINGS AND ENABLES THEM TO HARVEST RAIN WATER TO BE REUSED FOR LANDSCAPING IRRIGATION AND REDUCE NEED FOR RETENTION.

THE SYSTEM IS ENHANCEMENT BECAUSE THE USE OF GREEN INFRASTRUCTURE TENDS TO PLAY BETTER WITH THE NATURAL FEATURE OF THE PROPERT. YOU CAN SEE THERE IS FLOOD PLANE THERE AS WELL. AT ONE POINT THE APPLICANT HAD INDICATED THAT THEY WOULD PROVIDE -- THEY HAD SHOWN ON THEIR PLANS TWO LOCATIONS FOR AN EMS FIRE FACILITY UPON FURTHER DELIBERATION AND PRELIMINARY CONVERSATION IT FELT CONDUCIVE HAVE THE EMS AND FIRE FACILITY LOCATED AT THE SOUTHERN TIP OF THE PROPERTY ALONG VINCENT ROAD. WE'RE STILL DISCUSSING THIS LOCATION AND STILL TALK ABOUT OPTIONS AND OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE FOR THIS. BUT THE AGREEMENT AS IT STANDS RIGHT NOW THE DRAFT AGREEMENT RISKS A ONE AND A HALF ACRE SITE DEDICATED OR THE FOR A FIRE FACILITY AND $500,000 TO BE PLACED IN AN ESCROW. I WANTED TO RECAP SO THAT THE PD CONDITIONS THAT WERE APPROVED AS PART OF THE PD AMENDMENT.

THE DENSITY IS 3.2 UNITS PER ACRE WITH 765 UNITS.

TALKED ABOUT FIRE SUPPRESSION SYSTEMS WITHIN THE RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPS. THE PD WAS AMEND TO ALLOW AN AVERAGE LEVEL OF .5 CANDLES. THEN THERE WAS A VARIANCE TO THE SETBACK REQUIREMENT WITH THE TYPE ONE LOTS , THE FRONT LOAD GARISH WITH 60-FOOT WIDTH TO BE TEN FEET AS TO FOESED TO 20 FEET. THE MINIMUM HOME SIZES WERE ADJUSTED AS REFLECTED IN THE BULLET POINTS BELOW.

THAT CONCLUDES MY PRESENTATION AND I'LL TRY AND ANSWER ALL THE

QUESTIONS THAT YOU HAVE. >> THANK YOU SO MUCH.

ANY QUESTIONS BEFORE WE MOVE TO THE DEVELOPER FOR THEIR

COMMENTS? >> THIS IS A LITTLE CLARIFICATION. ONE OF YOUR SLIDES BACK THERE YOU WERE TALK ABOUT PEDESTRIAN CORRIDORS AND YOU SAID THEY WERE A MINIMUM 25 FEET WIDE AND 3,000 LINEAR FEET.

IS THAT TOTAL OF ALL THE CORRIDORS IN THE DEVELOPMENT?

I WOULD IMAGINE IT IS. >> SOME OF THEM -- THEY COULD BAY DUAL PURPOSE TO SOME OF THE CORRIDORS, YES.

>> JUST A LITTLE CLARITY, THAT WAS ALL.

>> COUNCIL, I HAVE A QUESTION BUT I'LL WAIT.

[00:30:01]

ANY OTHER QUESTIONS BEFORE I ASK MINE? SO ALL THOSE AMENITIES THAT YOU DISCUSSED THAT ABOVE AND BEYOND OUR REGULAR REQUIREMENTS AND ABOVE AND BEYOND FORM BASED CODE, WHAT DO THOSE ALL ADD UP TO? THEY ARE PROPOSING A PIT OF $8.8 MILLION.

I DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING CLOSE TO THAT IN EQUATING TO THESE

AMENITIES. >> THE FINANCIAL ASPECT OF THAT, I THINK THEY DID A BREAKDOWN. I WOULD LIKE TO DEFER THAT QUESTION TO THE APPLICANT. ANSWER THAT QUESTION BETTER THAN

I'M EQUIPPED TO. >> ANY OTHER QUESTIONS BEFORE WE MOVE TO THE APPLICANT? I'M NOT SEEING ANY.

WHO IS GOING TO SPEAK ON BEHALF OF THE APPLICANT?

IS THAT YOU PRESTON? >> I THINK I'LL START.

>> WILL YOU STATE YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS FOR THE RECORD PLEASE.

>> PRESTON WALLHOOD, 4040 NORTH CENTRAL DALLAS TEXAS.

>> THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR MEETING WITH US TONIGHT.

THIS HAS BEEN AN ADVENTURE FOR US AND WE'VE ENJOYED WORKING WITH THE TEAM. WE'VE LEARN AID LOT IN THE PROCESS AND HAVE LEARNED HOW THE CITY OPERATES AND ARE EXCITED TO GET GOING ON THIS PROJECT. WE STILL SEE A LOT OF INTEREST IN THIS PROJECT AND A LOT OF INTEREST IN DEVELOPING IN THIS THINK THIS IS A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO BRING A FLAGSHIP DEVELOPMENT TO ROWLETT WITH A SERIES OF IMPROVEMENTS AND UNIQUE ELEMENTS THAT WOULD BE SPECIAL TO THIS SPECIFIC COMMUNITY. SO THIS REALLY HIGHLIGHTS WHERE WE WERE WHEN WE STARTED. WE STARTED WITH THE PETITION BACK IN JANUARY THEN ADOPTED RESOLUTION IN MARCH.

WORKED DILIGENTLY OVER THE LAST THREE MONTHS ON DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT. I FEEL THAT WE'VE BEEN VERY PRODUCTIVE AND I THINK THE DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT WAS THE RIGHT DIRECTION TO GO SO THAT EVERYONE COULD HAVE ALL THE CARDS ON THE TABLE AND EVERYBODY COULD MOVE FORWARD WITH EYES WIDE OPEN WHAT WAS NEXT. THAT'S WHERE WE ARE TODAY.

JUST A QUICK RECAP. I KNOW ROWLETT HAS DONE ONE OTHER IN SAPPHIRE BAY. HISTORICALLY 2011-2019 IN THE 120 BIDS THAT HAVE BEEN DONE ACROSS THE STATE OF TEXAS, 92% OF THEM ARE PRIMARILY FOR RESIDENTIAL USE.

JUST TO BRING THAT BACK TO THE FOREFRONT , THIS IS A COMMON FINANCING MECHANISM FOR SINGLE FAMILY RESIDENTIAL COMMUNITIES.

JUST A MINUTE AGO , THE TOTAL PIT ISSUANCE IS $8.8 MILLION.

$2 MILLION OF THAT IS REQUIRED AS RESERVED AND FINANCING AND $6.8 MILLION IS UTILIZED FOR ACTUAL IMPROVEMENTS AND CONSTRUCTION IN THE PROCESS OF THE PROJECT.

SO WHAT I WANTED TO FOCUS ON TONIGHT IS THE HOMEOWNER COST COMPARISON SUMMARY. WHEN YOU LOOK AT SINGLE FAMILY DEVELOPMENTS AND PUBLIC IMPROVEMENT DISTRICTS, WHAT ARGUE LOUING TO HAPPEN IS FOR A HOME OWN TORE WHOLESALE THEIR INFRASTRUCTURE RATHER THAN HAVING A DEVELOPER INSTALL INFRASTRUCTURE, MARK IT UP AND LOT PRICE TIE HOME BUILDER WHO MARKS IT UP IN HOME PRICE TO THE HOME OWNER WHO PAYS A HOME PRICE OVER A LONGER PERIOD OF TIME. WITH PID FINANCING, WHAT YOU CAN SEE WITH A P ID THE ANNUAL MORTGAGE PAYMENT IS GOING TO BE LESS THAN THE MORTGAGE PAYMENT WAY PID.

THAT GOES DIRECTLY BACK TO WHOLESALING THAT INFRASTRUCTURE COST. THE BONDS ARE ISSUED AT A LOWER RATE AND LOWER RATE FOR DEVELOPMENT THAN A PRIVATE LOAN OR CONVENTIONAL LENDING. AND SO THERE IS INFRASTRUCTURE COST ABLE TO BE AM AM AM AM OR E RISED.

THESE ARE THE LARGEST LOTS. THEY START AT 50 FEET AND HAVE LARGER SETBACKS. THIS IS A $350,000 FINISHED HOME PRICE IN THE TRAILS OF COTTON WOOD.

[00:35:02]

WITH A PID THAT HOME PRICE IS OUR BASE.

WITHOUT A PID, IF THERE IS ADDITIONAL INFRASTRUCTURE COST, IT IS NOT FINANCED THROUGH BONDS OR PUBLIC IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT.

YOU SAY THIS IS IN THE FINANCIAL ANALYSIS PROVIDED BY THE CONSULTANT AND RICK IS HERE AS WELL.

YOU HAVE ROUGHLY $11,000 OF ADDITIONAL COST THAT ARE PASSED FROM THE DEVELOPER TO THE BUILDER AND THEN THE BUILDER MARKS THAT UP AGAIN TO THE HOME OWNER.

SO THE SAME HOUSE WITH A PID IS $350,000 AND WITHOUT A PID THE SAME HOUSE FINISHED HOME PRICE IS $403,000.

IT INCREASES THE TAX BASE WITHOUT A PID BUT IT HAMPERS THE BUYER'S ABILITY TO PURCHASE A HOME.

THEY HAVE A HIGHER DOWN PAYMENT, HIGHER MORTGAGE REQUIREMENT.

YOU CAN SEE IN THE SECOND TO LAST LINE ANNUAL PID INSTALL SYSTEM ROUGHLY $1,000. WITH THAT $1,000 INCLUDED IN THE ANNUAL MORTGAGE PAYMENT AND THE PID INSTALLMENT YOU WILL SEE THAT TOTAL HOMEOWNER PAYMENT LESS THAN WITHOUT A PID.

YOU CAN SEE AS WELL OVER THE LIFE OF THE MORTGAGE THE HOMEOWNER WITH A MID WOULD PAY APPROXIMATELY $50,000 LESS THAN WITH A MID. AGAIN THIS IS THE TYPE TWO LOTS.

THIS WOULD BE THE MIDDLE SIZE LOT ASSUMING A PRICE OF $300,000. YOU'LL SEE A LOWER LOT COST TRANSLATING INTO THE BOTTOM SO THAT PID INFRASTRUCTURE IS ROUGHLY $9,000 WHICH IS A $971 PAYMENT THE HOME OWNER PAYING EVERY YEAR. WITH A MID THEY ARE STILL PAYING LESS THAN WITHOUT A MID. CARRYING OUR ANALYSIS THROUGH WITH A LESS EXPENSIVE HOME THAN THE OTHER TWO LOT TYPES, THIS OF $250,000 HAS A LOWER PIED INSTALLMENT BECAUSE THEY HAVE A LOWER INFRASTRUCTURE BASED ON THEIR FOOTPRINT.

YOU'LL SEE THEIR ANNUAL MORTGAGE AND PID INSTALLMENT IS HE HAS THAN WITHOUT A PID. I THINK IT'S IMPORTANT TO LOOK AT FAZING AND WHAT DOES THAT TAXABLE EVALUATION DELIVER TO THE CITY. WE'VE USED AN AVERAGE HOME EVALUATION OF 300,000 FOR THE TOTAL LOTS RATHER THAN CALCULATING THE NUMBER OF LOTS PROPOSED FOR EACH LOT SIZE.

USING THE FIRST PHASE WHICH IS APPROXIMATELY 200 LOTS AN FINISH HOME EVALUATION OF $300,000. IS THERE I TOTAL TAXABLE EVALUATION OF $60 MILLION. FOLLOWING THE NEXT PHASE WOULD TAKE THE TOTAL LOT COUNT UP TO 430 LOTS GENERATING 130 MILLION OF TAXABLE EVALUATION OR A MILLION DOLLARS IN TAX INCOME TO THE CITY. AND THEN FULL BUILDOUT 765 HOMES. THE TOTAL TAXABLE EVALUATION IS $230 MILLION. AND THE ANNUAL TAX PROCEEDS TO THE CITY ARE $1.7 MILLION. THIS IS A SIZABLE PROJECT THAT HAS AN OPPORTUNITY TO ADD A LOT TO THE COMMUNITY BOTH FROM AFFORDABILITY AND AMENITIES AND TAX BASE TO THE COMMUNITY.

ONE OF THE UNIQUE THINGS WE HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO ON A SITE OF THIS SIZE IS TO LOOK AT IT AS A MASTER PLAN COMMUNITY.

AND HOW DO YOU INTERLACE THE ENTIRE SITE TOGETHER OVER 236 ACRES RATHER THAN LOOKING AT SMALL 30-ACRE PARCELS ONE PHASE AT A TIME. SO WHEN YOU CAN LOOK AT A PROJECT LIKE THIS IN A DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT, WE HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO INTERLACE THESE ELEMENTS TOGETHER AND CREATE PEDESTRIAN CORRIDORS AN GREEN SPACES WITH INTERCONNECTIVITY THAT WOULD NOT NORMALLY BE THERE FOR A SMALL POD OF HOMES. IT'S A LARGE AMENITY CENTER AND OPPORTUNITY TO LIVE IN A ONE OF A KIND COMMUNITY FOR THIS AREA OF TOWN. WE'LL CLICK THROUGH THE NEXT SLIDES. THEY INCLUDE PICTURES OF THE GREEN HIKE AND BIKE TRAILS. THOSE ARE THE DECOMPOSED GRANITE WITH POLYMER. THESE ARE ACTIVE AND PASSIVE AREAS FOR THE POCKET PARKS. OUTDOOR ENTERTAINING SPACES AND PLAY FIELDS. A STORYTELLING TREE.

[00:40:03]

THE LIBRARIES AND FIRE PITS OR CUTTING GARDENS THAT ARE POPULAR ACROSS THE STATE. THIS IS THE REVISED CONCEPT PLAN THAT RELOCATES THE AMENITY CENTER AND PULLS ATE WAY FROM VINCENT ROAD TO ALLEVIATE TRAFFIC AND ENCOURAGE ADDITIONAL FOOT TRAFFIC THROUGHOUT THE COMMUNITY.

SHE DID SUCH A GOOD JOB ABOUT TALKING THROUGH ENHANCEMENTS, I DON'T WANT TO REHASH ANY OF THOSE BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT THE FINANCING OR RICK IS HERE TO

ANSWER QUESTIONS AS WELL. >> IS THAT THE END OF YOUR

PRESENTATION? >> YES, MA'AM.

SHORT AND SWEET TONIGHT. >> DO YOU WANT TO ADDRESS THE

QUESTION I ASKED? >> WOULD YOU MIND ASKING IT ONE

MORE TIME? >> HOW DO THE ENHANCEMENTS THAT ARE ABOVE AND BEYOND NORMAL DEVELOPMENT STANDARD AND ABOVE AND BEYOND FORM BASE CODE COMPARE TO THE REQUESTED AMOUNT OF THE PID BECAUSE I DON'T SEE ANY ANALYSIS THAT SHOWS THAT?

>> THAT'S CORRECT. CONTINGENCY FUND KNOW WE HAVE AN ANALYSIS THAT JUST CALCULATES THE ENHANCEMENT AMOUNTS.

I THINK THE WAY WE LOOKED AT IT IS THESE ARE ENHANCEMENTS THAT WILL BE DELIVERED IN THE QUALITY OF THE DEVELOPMENT THAT REQUIRES THIS FINANCING MECHANISM. THIS IS THE FINANCING MECHANISM WE'VE IDENTIFIED IN THIS DISTRICT.

>> WE'VE HAD THIS DISCUSSION BEFORE AT LEAST I HAVE THAT I WANTED TO SEE HOW THOSE ENHANCEMENTS EXCEEDED NORMAL REQUIREMENTS AND HOWTA RELATED TO THE PID.

THAT IS AN ANALYSIS I WOULD BE REQUIRED TO SEE BEFORE I WOULD SUPPORT SOMETHING LIKE THIS. THAT'S MY PERSONAL OPINION.

I DON'T THINK THAT'S A SURPRISE THAT KIND OF QUESTION OR

REQUEST. >> NO I DON'T THINK IT IS.

>> IT'S NOT HERE. GO AHEAD.

>> I LOST MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT. >> I SAID I DON'T THINK THAT'S A SURPRISE OF THAT REQUEST. IT'S NOT A NEW REQUEST SO I'M DISAPPOINTED THAT'S NOT PART OF THE PRESENTATION.

>> I APOLOGIZE. MAYBE I MISUNDERSTOOD THE REQUEST. MY GOAL OVER THE LAST SEVERAL MONTHS WAS TO IDENTIFY THE ELEMENTS ABOVE AND BEYOND THE FORM BASE CODE OR CITY REQUIREMENTS.

I THOUGHT THAT'S WHAT WE TRIED TO DO TONIGHT AND THROUGH DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT. COULD YOU SPEAK TO THAT?

>> YES. COUNCIL AND TAMMY, I BELIEVE ONE OF THE QUESTIONS WE DID POSE TO THE APPLICANT IN THE BEGINNING WAS LET'S LOOK AT A DRAFT SERVICE AND ASSESSMENT PLAN AND LET'S UNDERSTAND HOW -- DETERMINING WHAT THAT IS GOING TO BE AND WHERE IT'S GOING TO LAND. I THINK THEY AGGREGATED OR LUMPED SOME OF THOSE REQUESTS TOGETHER AS IT RELATES TO THE ENHANCEMENTS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT.

I THINK YOU HAVE A SUMMARY BUT SHOWING IT IS ALL ENCOMPASSING AND COULD INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. THERE IS NO DIRECT OR SPECIFIC

ANSWER TO THAT TAMMY RIGHT NOW. >> I HAVE TWO PEOPLE WITH THEIR

HAND RAISED. >> THANK YOU.

I HAD THE SAME QUESTION YOU HAD MAYOR.

WHAT I WAS GOING TO ASK PRESTON AT THE END OF THE PRESENTATION IS THERE IS A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT THE $6.7 MILLION CONSTRUCTION BUDGET OUT OF THE PID WAS GOING TO COVER.

WHAT I THINK WE'VE SEEN IS WHAT IS BEING PROPOSED IN TERMS OF THE ENHANCEMENTS. BUT WE STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT BREAKDOWN IS AND WHAT THE PID IS PAYING FOR SPECIFICALLY.

YOU ASKED A SINGLE QUESTION, I WAS LOOKING FOR HA TOO.

>> I'M CONCERNED THAT I'M NOT SEEING A CONSTRUCTION OF A FIRE STATION AS PART OF THE PID. I THINK FOR ME THERE IS NO DEVELOPMENT WITHOUT THAT FIRE STATION BEING BUILT AND CONSTRUCTED. IN MY VIEW.

WE PUT THE REQUIREMENT ON THE DEVELOPER TO INCLUDE FIRE SUPPRESSION SYSTEMS IN EACH HOME WHICH WOULD PROBABLY COST ROUGHLY AROUND $3 MILLION FOR THE DEVELOPER IN TOTAL.

[00:45:05]

HOWEVER THERE WAS A STATION THERE, THAT REQUIREMENT WOULDN'T BE NECESSARY. AND YOU'LL SAVE ABOUT $3 MILLION. I'M NOT SURE WHY I'VE MENTIONED IT SEVERAL TIMES, EVERY TIME Y'ALL COME.

I'VE MADE IT VERY CLEAR MY FEELING ABOUT THIS.

AND THE IMPORTANCE OF HAVING A PUBLIC SAFETY FACILITY UP THERE.

ONCE AGAIN IT'S NOT THERE. THE LAND IS DEDICATED BUT THAT IS JUST LAND AND THAT IS NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING FOR US.

SO I THINK AS A REQUIREMENT THERE SHOULD BE A FIRE STATION THERE AS PART OF THE PID FOR KNOW HAVE ANY KIND OF SUPPORT FOR THIS, LET ALONE PERSONNEL COST BEING COVERED THROUGH PID AS WELL. THAT'S MY INPUT ON THIS AT THIS

POINT. >> WHO WANTS TO ADDRESS THAT IF

ANYBODY DOES? >> I'M HAPPY TO ACTUALLY.

>> I DON'T THINK IT'S YOUR PLACE TO ADDRESS THAT DAVID.

>> IT MAY BE ACTUALLY. THE FIRE STATION -- THE PUBLIC SAFETY FACILITIES IS THE LAST REMAINING ISSUE THAT NEEDS TO BE NEGOTIATED IN CONNECTION TO THE DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT.

THERE ARE OPERATIONAL ISSUES THAT I THINK MAYBE BRIAN WOULD BE MORE APPOINT TO RESPOND TO. BUT AT LEAST AS FAR AS THE DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT ITSELF IS CONCERNED, WE HAVE A CURRENT PROVISION IN THE DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT SECTION 7.2 THAT IS NOT FINALIZED. AND PROVISIONS THAT DEAL WITH THE CONSTRUCTION OF A FIRE STATION OR SOME TYPE OF A FACILITY OUT THERE ARE STILL LEFT TO BE NEGOTIATED.

I THINK THAT'S ONE OF THE PURPOSES OF THE WORK SESSION TONIGHT IS TO TALK ABOUT THAT. I'LL LET BRIAN OR THE CHIEF

SPEAK TO THAT. >> I ACTUALLY SHARE BLAKE'S CONCERN. ONE OF THE THINGS THAT WE'VE DISCUSSED WITH STAFF IS THAT A FIRE SUPPRESSION IS GOING TO BE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT THERE. AND AT ONE POINT I WAS LEANING TOWARDS RECOMMENDING AGAINST THE PROJECT UNLESS WE COULD SEE THE FIRE STATION THERE. CHIEF HOWARD HAD SOME DISCUSSIONS WITH THE APPLICANT ECONOMY THINK IS WHAT WE'RE STILL TRYING TO RESOLVE. WE THINK IT'S EXTREMELY IMPORTANT THAT THEY HAVE THE FACILITY OR HAVE A FACILITY THERE. JUST HAVING THE LAND ALLOWING THE $500,000 CONTRIBUTION, I DON'T KNOW WHEN WE WOULD APPROXIMATE ABLE TO BUILD SUCH A STATION.

QUITE FRANK FRANKLY I'M CONCERNED ABOUT THE OPERATIONS OF THAT STATION EVEN THEN. CHIEF, YOU WANT TO DISCUSS WHAT

WE TALKED ABOUT? >> IN CONVERSATIONS ABOUT THE POTENTIAL STATION AT THIS LOCATION.

THEY ARE OPEN TO FURTHERING THOSE DISCUSSIONS WITH US.

START OUT WITH A MINI PUMP AROUND RESPOND TO FIRE CALLS AND EMS IN THAT AREA. IT'S ABOUT 6500 SQUARE FOOT FACILITY, SOMETHING LIKE THAT. THAT'S KIND OF WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT. IF I CAN ANSWER ANY FURTHER

QUESTIONS. >> IF BLAKE HAS A FOLLOWUP, HE CAN FOLLOWUP BECAUSE HE ASKED THE INITIAL QUESTION.

>> THANK YOU. AGAIN, I JUST WANT TO BE CLEAR THAT I'M NOT APPROVING A PID WITHOUT THIS IN THERE.

I THEME WHEN IT COMES TO COUNCIL FOR A VOTE THAT IT IS IN THERE.

OTHERWISE I'M A GUARANTEED NO ON THIS.

>> I WANT TO TAKE A SECOND TO REFRAME THIS A LITTLE BIT SO WE CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT THIS PID IS AND REALIZE I HEAR YOUR CONCERN.

AND WE'VE HAD THESE CONVERSATIONS.

AND THIS WAS -- THESE WERE CONVERSATIONS THAT HAPPENED BEFORE I EVEN GOT ON COUNCIL. AND THERE WAS CONCESSIONS THAT HAD BEEN MADE TO HAVE ADDITIONAL FIRE SUPPRESSION PIECES PUT INTO THESE HOMES WHICH IS THE DEVELOPER AGREED TO DO.

THE DEVELOPER COULD BUILD THIS DEVELOPMENT AND NOT CONCEDE THE LAND AND NOT GIVE ANY MONEY TOWARDS THE DESIGN OF THIS BECAUSE OF THE FORM BASED CODE IT'S THAT CURRENTLY UNDER.

WHEN YOU LOOK AT A PID, IT'S SAYSED TO THE PEOPLE LIVING

[00:50:03]

THERE. THAT'S EXTRA TAXES THEY ARE GOING TO PAY. THEY ARE GOING TO BE PAYING TAXES TO THE CITY TO PAY FOR PUBLIC SERVICES.

NOW THEY ARE GOING TO BE GETTING DOUBLE TAXED.

I WOULDN'T BE IN FAVOR OF PAYING PID MONEYS TO GO TO LONG TERM STAFFING I. DO IDOWN THINK IF WE CAN NEGOTIATE MORE MONEY INTO THE BUILDING OF THAT STRUCTURE, I THINK THAT'S A POSITIVE THING WE NEED TO LOOK AT. I ALSO LIKE THE WAY THIS IS SET UP BECAUSE IT'S BRINGING A HIGH QUALITY DEVELOPMENT AND IT'S BRINGING ADDITIONAL AMENITIES THAT WOULDN'T NORMALLY BE THERE FOR PEOPLE THAT WOULD BE OUT OF THEIR PRICE RANGE.

WHEN YOU LOOK AT SOME OF THE DOLLAR VALUE THESE PUT IN THERE, 3450 IS HIGH. IF YOU CAN GET INTO A NEIGHBORHOOD LIKE THIS FOR $300,000, THERE IS NOT A NEW DEVELOPMENT GOING UP THAT WOULD HAVE THESE AMENITIES YOU COULD GET INTO FOR THAT VALUE. THIS IS A GOOD TOOL TO BE ABLE TO USE TO BRING A HIGH END NEIGHBORHOOD WAY LOT OF VALUE AND A LOT OF AMENITIES TO BE ABLE TO ATTRACT PEOPLE TO OUR CITY TO LIVE THERE. AND THE WAY GOVERNMENTS AND HOMES DEVELOPMENTS ARE BEING BUILT TODAY IS ALL ABOUT THE AMENITIES. WE'RE NO LONGER BUILDING GOLF COURSES. WHEN THEY BUILT THE WATER VIEW WHICH IS WHERE I LIVE SALACIOUS HUGE BOND PACKAGE WE'RE STILL PAYING ON TO BUILD THAT GOLF COURSE WHICH WAS CITY FUNDED IT WAS AMENITY THAT DREW PEOPLE TO THIS NEIGHBORHOOD.

IT WAS ONE OF THE FIRST BIG DEVELOPMENTS IN THIS CITY IN THE NEW WAY THIS NEIGHBORHOODS WERE DEVELOPED.

AS YOU SEE OTHER NEIGHBORHOODS DEVELOPING ACROSS THE METROPLEX IN TERMS OF WHERE YOU ARE TRYING TO FIGHT FOR PEOPLE TO MOVE TO YOUR CITY, THEY ARE BUILDING THINGS LIKE CRYSTAL LAGOONS.

DEVELOPERS FUNDED THOSE BUT YOU ARE NOT GET INTO THAT NEIGHBORHOOD FOR $300,000. YOU ARE NOT DOING IT.

THOSE HOMES START AT 400 TO HALF A MILLION.

WE HAVE THE ABILITY AND TOOLS TO BE ABLE TO OFFER A REALLY HIGH END DEVELOPMENT TO A PART OF OUR CITY THAT HASN'T DEVELOPED.

AND WE HAVE NEGOTIATED THE FIRE PIECE OF THIS A LONG TIME AGO.

AND THEY COULD BUILD THIS WITHOUT HAVING ANY RESERVATION SPACE FOR A FIRE STATION AND WITHOUT GIVING ANY MONEY TOWARDS IT. DOES THAT MEAN WE DON'T NEED TO NEGOTIATE HARDER? I THINK THERE MIGHT BE ROOM FOR PLAY THERE. THAT'S WHERE I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE ITEMIZED LIST. I LOVE THE AMENITIES IN THERE.

THE BIKE TRAIL , THE ART PIECE , THE FIRE PITS.

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THAT BROKEN DOWN A LITTLE BIT BECAUSE MAYBE THERE IS STUFF IN THERE WE COULD SACRIFICE MAYBE TO PUT MORE MONEY TOWARD THE FIRE STATION BECAUSE I BELIEVE IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT. SO IS THE BIKE TRAIL AND WALKING TRAIL AND I LOVE THE BERM AND HUGE BUFFERS BETWEEN THE ROADS AND LARGER MEDIANS WITHIN THE COMMUNITY.

THINK OF WATER VIEW, WHEN YOU DRIVE DOWN WATER VIEW PARKWAY, THAT'S THE SAME THING YOU ARE LOOKING AT.

IT'S GORGEOUS WHEN YOU DRIVE DOWN WATER VIEW PARKWAY BECAUSE THE TREES ARE MATURE. HAS A CANOPY LOOK IT TO.

THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE ARE LOOKING FOR WHEN THEY LOOK FOR A PLACE TO LIVE. YOU ARE NOT DRAWING A LINE IN THE SAND FOR SOMETHING THAT IS MAYBE NOT PRACTICAL AND MAKING SURE YOU ARE LOOKING AT THE FULL PICTURE.

THOSE ARE MY COMMENTS FOR RIGHT NOW.

>> I HEAR YOU. I WOULD ARGUE THAT PUBLIC SAFETY IS NOT A NECESSITY, THAT IT IS A REQUIREMENT.

AND WITHOUT A FIRE STATION UP THERE, OUR RESPONSE TIME IS NOT OK. NOT FOR POLICE OR FIRE AND THOSE PEOPLE ARE AT RISK BECAUSE OF THAT.

THAT'S WHY IF THE FIRE STATION WASN'T THERE, THERE WOULD NEED TO BE FIRE SUPPRESSION SYSTEMS WHICH WOULD COST THE DEVELOPER $3 MILLION OR MORE TO INSTALL THOSE WHEN THEY CAN BUILD US A

FIRE STATION FOR LESS THAN THAT. >> THEY DON'T HAVE TO BUILD A FIRE STATION AT ALL. THEY DON'T HAVE TO LEAVE US THE ROOM TO BUILD US A FIRE STATION OR GIVE US ANY MONEY.

>> THEY DON'T HAVE TO DO THAT. BUT I WOULD SAY THAT THOSE RESIDENTS WOULD BE IN A SITUATION IF EMERGENCY HAPPENED AND THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT 10-15 MINUTES FOR ANYBODY TO SHOW UP. AND SO THAT IS A RISK I GUESS THEY WOULD BE WILLING TO TAKE MOVING THERE.

BUT I'M NOT WILLING TO TAKE THAT RISK.

AS LONG AS IS THEY ARE COMING HERE FOR A PID FROM US, THAT IS GOING TO BE VERY IMPORTANT THAT WE GET A FIRE STATION BUILT SO THAT WE'RE ABLE TO PROVIDE QUALITY SERVICES TO CITIZENS.

THAT IS HOW I LOOK AT THIS. THE FIRE STATION FOR ME IS AN

[00:55:06]

ABSOLUTE GAME CHANGER FOR THIS. AND WOULD DEFINITELY SWAY MY

VIEW ON APPROVAL OR NOT. >> I'D LIKE TO MAKE A COUPLE OF COMMENTS. THE NEGOTIATION OF THE FIRE SUPPRESSION SYSTEM WAS A LONG TIME AGO.

I AGREE THAT MATT. BUT A PID WAS NOT MENTIONED A LONG TIME AGO. ONE OF THE THINGS THAT I HAD EXPRESSED EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU ALL COME BEFORE US IS TELL US EVERYTHING UP FRONT AND QUIT PIECE MILLING THIS.

I HEAR YOU MATT. BUT THE DEAL CHANGED AND THE DEAL CHANGED BECAUSE OF THE DEVELOPER AND NOT BECAUSE OF US.

THE OTHER COMMENT I WOULD MAKE IS MY MEMORY, MAYBE IT'S A BIASED MEMORY, BUT MY MEMORY IS WE'RE GOING TO BE ASKING FOR A PID BECAUSE OF ENHANCEMENTS TO THE DEVELOPMENT ABOVE AND BEYOND NORMAL REQUIREMENTS. AND I'VE MADE MY POINT ON THAT.

STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THOSE ENHANCEMENTS ARE AND HOW THEY RELATE TO THE PID. IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DEVELOPMENT.

IF YOU WOULD HAVE COME TO US INITIALLY AND SAID I HAVE THIS GREAT WAY TO DO THIS INCREDIBLE NEW DEVELOPMENT AND THAT IS WE'RE GOING TO ASK FOR A MULTIMILLION DOLLARS PID AND IT'S GOING TO BE A CONTRIBUTION TO SOME OF THE CORE DEVELOPMENT COST FOR THE ENTIRE DEVELOPMENT PLUS SOME ENHANCEMENTS WE'RE GOING TO MAKE ABOVE AND BEYOND THE STANDARD DEVELOPMENT REQUIREMENTS AND IT'S GOING TO ALLOW A MORE REASONABLY PRICED FINANCING MECHANISM FOR OUR RESIDENTS FOR NEW RESIDENTS COMING TO YOUR COMMUNITY, THAT'S A DISCUSSION AND THAT'S A PARTNERSHIP. AND THAT'S SOMETHING THAT YOU TALK ABOUT ON THE FRONT END, NOT THAT WE'RE ASKING FOR A PID BECAUSE OF ENHANCEMENTS. AND PIECEMEALING THE REQUIREMENTS OF THIS WHOLE DEAL. THE OTHER THING I WOULD SAY $300,000 IS A NUMBER ON A PIECE OF PAPER.

I HAVE -- THERE IS NO WAY TO ENSURE THAT THOSE HOUSES ARE GOING TO GO FOR A LESS COST BECAUSE THERE IS A PID BECAUSE WE'RE SAYING THAT IS A POSSIBILITY THAT CAN HAPPEN RIGHT NOW. I DON'T HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH RESIDENTIAL PID'S. I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR A LOT MORE REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE WITH RESIDENTIAL PID'S AND HOW THOSE HOME PRICES ARE SUPPRESSED COMPARED TO MARKET CONDITIONS BECAUSE THERE IS A PID AND THE DEVELOPMENT COST WERE LESS BECAUSE OF PI DIRKS FINANCING. PID FINANCING.

I DON'T KNOW MATT IF YOU HAVE THAT EXPERIENCE LEVEL BUT I DON'T. SEEING NUMBERS ON A PIECE OF PAPER DON'T CONVINCE ME HOMES ARE GOING TO SELL LESS THAN MARKET VALUE BECAUSE THERE IS A PID ASSOCIATED WITH THE

DEVELOPMENT OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD. >> JUST TO STEP BACK AND STATE THE NAME FOR THE RECORD I'M SURE YOU WOULD LIKE.

DREW SLOAN. SO WE DID WANT TO TAKE A STEP BACK AND PROBABLY START FIRST WITH YOUR QUESTIONS MAYOR BECAUSE OF ALL THE RESIDENTIAL PID'S THAT HAVE BEEN NONE TEXAS, I THINK I'VE BEEN INVOLVED IN ABOUT HALF OF THEM.

I CAN'T SAY THAT I'VE DRAWN THE LINE BETWEEN AFFORDABILITY FROM ZERO TO 100. WHAT I CAN TELL YOU IS THAT OVER THE COURSE OF MANY OF THESE, WE START OUT THESE DEALS BY SAYING SOMETIMES THIS HOUSE IS GOING TO BE A $400,000 HOUSE.

AND YOU GET A MENU OF OPTIONS FROM BUILDERS.

YOU GET A MENU OF OPTIONS FROM A TON OF DIFFERENT FOLKS THAT WILL AFFECT THIS PRICE. I DON'T THINK THAT THE IDEA IS TO SELL THE HOUSES FOR LESS THAN MARKET RATE.

I THINK THAT THE MARKET RATE BECOMES ESTABLISHED BY WHAT THE COSTS ARE IF THAT MAKES ANY SENSE.

WHAT THE DEVELOPMENT COSTS ARE PER LOT ARE TAKEN DOWN A BIT BY THE PID AND CARRY COST TO THE DEVELOPER.

I CAN TEM THAT YOU I'VE SEEN IN MANY, MANY CASES WHERE THE LOT

[01:00:05]

CONTRACTS FOR LOTS WITHIN THE PID ARE LESS THAN THE FINISHED LOT COST THAT IS ARRIVED AT IN THE APPRAISAL.

SO YOU HAVE THAT TINY PIECE OF THE LINE WHERE IT'S LESS IF YOU WILL. BECAUSE THE VALUE OF THOSE IMPROVEMENTS FUNDED BY THE CITY HAS A LESSER CARRY COST IF THAT MAKES ANY SENSE. YOU COULD IF YOU WERE REALLY BORED ONE NIGHT THERE, IS PUBLICLY AVAILABLE DATA FILED BY EVERY DEVELOPER ON EVERY PID BOND IN THE STATE OF TEXAS.

THEY FILE QUARTERLY REPORTS THAT SHOW THEIR SALES FIGURES, HOW MUCH THEY ARE SELLING HOUSES FOR.

IF YOU WANTED TO PARSE THE DATA TO SAY WHEN YOU ISSUE THESE BONDS YOU EXPECT IT TO SELL FOR X , WHAT ARE YOU ACTUALLY SELLING AT. THAT BEING SAID, I DON'T THINK THAT THE CITY WANTS NECESSARILY LESS THAN MARKET RATE VALUES AS IT WERE BECAUSE THE VALUE OF THE HOUSE DRIVES THE TAX REVENUES YOU DERIVE IT FROM. WE WANT HIGH QUALITY DEVELOPMENT THAT IS PRICED RIGHT FOR ALL OF US.

I THINK TO THE POINT THE AMENITIES ARE PART OF THE SELLING POINT. EVEN IF IT'S A MARKET PRICED HOUSE, YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE GETTING MORE IF THAT MAKES SENSE. I DON'T WANT IT TO BE THOUGHT OF YOU SELL BELOW MARKET RATE. THE RATE WILL BE SET BY COST.

>> WHAT ARE THE AMENITIES BEING FUNDED, I THINK IT'S A FAIR QUESTION AND SOME OF THAT WILL BE TEASED OUT IN THE BOND PROCESS. ONE OF THE THINGS PRESTON DID A GREAT JOB IS PARSING OUT THE VISION OF THE AMENITIES.

WHAT YOU WANTED TO SEE VERY IMPORTANT.

AT SOME POINT IN THE BOD PROCESS IF THIS IS WHAT WE WANT TO DO, THERE WILL BE AN ENGINEER OPINION OF PROBABLE COST.

NOT FOR EVERYTHING BECAUSE WE'RE NOT GOING TO FUND EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW. WE'RE GOING TO MAKE A GOOD EDUCATED GUESS IT'S GOING TO COST WHAT.

THOSE COST ALSO GO IN A GIANT SPREAD SHEET.

WE'LL TAKE SOME OF THOSE COSTS, THE AMENITIES COST, FACILITIES COST, AND PUT THOSE IN AND THOSE WILL BE FUNDED THROUGH THE PID DOLLARS. AT SOME POINT THERE WILL BE A BREAKDOWN. BECAUSE WE'VE BEEN MEETING WITH THE WHAT YOU WANT, WE HAVEN'T PARSED OUT THE ENTIRE COST.

PART OF THE REASON THERE IS NOT A BULLET POINT LIST THIS IS GOING TO COST $300,000. BECAUSE THE REASON PART OF THE WAY THAT WE ARRIVE AT THE DOLLAR AMOUNT THIS WE ASK FOR IS TO UNDERSTAND WHAT WE CAN FUND WITH A PID AND I'LL TOUCH ON THAT POINT IN A MOMENT. UNDERSTAND WHAT WE CAN ACTUALLY FUND WITH THESE DOLLARS AND THEN UNDERSTAND WHAT WE CAN REASONABLY BURDENNEN THE HOMEOWNERS WITH TO HAVE A COMPETITIVE PRODUCT IN THE MARKET.

SO WE CAN FUND $30 MILLION OF COST BUT NONE OF US WANT TO DO THAT BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING HAVE A $10 TAX RATE AND NOBODY BUYS THAT HOUSE. THAT'S HOW WE ARRIVE AT THE DOLLARS. WE'LL HAVE MORE ELIGIBLE COSTS THAN COSTS THAT WILL BE FUNDED BY THE PID.

WHERE WE PICK AND CHOOSE FROM THAT MENU IS OF IMPORTANCE TO THE COUNCIL. I BELIEVE THAT WE COULD FUND A FIRE STATION THROUGH AN ASSESSMENT.

I DON'T BELIEVE IT'S SOMETHING WE CAN FUND UNDER THE STATUTE.

YOU CAN FUND THE SERVICES BUT I DON'T THINK YOU CAN FUND THE FACILITY ITSELF. ARGUABLY EVEN IF YOU COULD FUND THE FACILITY, IT WOULD ONLY BE THE PORTION THAT IS DIRECTLY DERIVED FROM THE PID ITSELF. IF THAT'S A FACILITY OF GENERAL MUNICIPAL BENEFIT AND WE SAY IT'S 10%, I DON'T KNOW.

THAT'S ARGUABLY WHAT YOU COULD PUT ON IT.

YOU COULDN'T ASSESS FOR THAT PARTICULAR FACILITY IN ANY EVENT

I DON'T BELIEVE. >> THAT'S NOT WHAT WAS SHARED A COUPLE OF MEETINGS AGO WITH Y'ALL.

NOT ONLY THAT. EVEN I WAS TOLD THAT PERSONNEL COST COULD BE PAID OUT OF THE PID.

NOT SAYING WE COULD OR THAT'S A GOOD IDEA.

BUT THIS NEVER CAME UP IN ANY CONVERSATION I'VE HAD BEHIND THE SCENES ABOUT THERE BEING CONCERN ABOUT THE PID NOT BEING ABLE TO COVER THE COST OF THE FIRE STATION.

NO PROJECT WITHOUT A FIRE STATION.

IF THE PROJECT DIDN'T EXIST WE WOULDN'T HAVE TO HAVE A FIRE

STATION. >> I DO WANT TO CLARIFY.

SUPPLEMENTAL SERVICES, THE SERVICES WHICH IS NOT THE

[01:05:02]

BUILDING CAN BE FUNDED. THAT IS WHAT WE DISCUSSED.

WE TALKED IN RELATION TO THE EXTRA POLICE OFFICERS THERE AS A

SERVICE. >> IT DOESN'T MATTER WHETHER IT'S FUNDED THROUGH THE PID OR NOT.

THERE IS A TOTAL FINANCING PACKAGE.

I WOULD RATHER AWE DRESS THE ISSUE OF HOW MUCH OF COST IS BEING INCLUDED IN THE DEVELOPMENT COST FOR THE FIRE SUPPRESSION SYSTEM VERSUS A CONTRIBUTION TO A FIRE STATION.

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHETHER IT COMES FROM THE PID OR NOT.

FROM A LEGAL STANDPOINT IT DOES BUT NOT FROM A PRACTICAL STRUCTURE OF THE WHOLE TRANSACTION STANDPOINT.

>> I WANT TO BE CLEAR THAT THE MONEY THAT WE ARE SPECIFICALLY GIVING IN SUPPORT OF A FIRE STATION IS NOT PID DOLLARS.

THEY ARE OUR DOLLARS. THAT'S I DIDN'T WANTED TO SHARE THAT SPECIFICALLY TO UNDERSTAND THE UNIVERSE AND NOT MAKE IT UNCLEAR WE'RE LUMPING THAT INTO THE PID BUT THAT'S A CONTRIBUTION FROM US. THAT'S ONLY REASON A DRESSED

THAT. >> ADDRESS THE QUESTION I ASKED.

>> ON. >> ON THE AMOUNTS OF FIRE

SUPPRESSION SYSTEMS. >> SO THE FIRE SUPPRESSION SYSTEMS AND I'LL LET PRESTON TAKE.

THIS THOSE ARE GOING TO BE IN THE HOUSES.

WE ARE NOT GOING TO FUBBED THOSE FROM THE PID AT ALL.

STOP THE DISCUSSION OF WHETHER IT'S FUNDED FROM THE PID.

SOMEBODY ANSWER THE QUESTION WHAT IS THE COST, THE DEVELOPMENT COST FOR FIRE SUPPRESSION SYSTEMS IN THE

INDIVIDUAL HOMES. >> MAYOR TO BE SPECIFIC THERE IS A 0 DOLLARS DEVELOPMENT COST FOR THE FIRE SUPPRESSION SYSTEM BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT DEVELOPED BY THE DEVELOPER.

THEY ARE INSTALLED INDIVIDUALLY BY EACH HOME OWNER AT THE TIME OF PERMITTING AND CONSTRUCTION OF THE HOME.

AND SO THE DEVELOPER DOES NOT PLAY A ROLE IN INSTALLATION OF

THOSE SYSTEMS. >> THAT'S NOT THE QUESTION.

THE QUESTION IS WHAT IS THE ADDITIONAL COST TO EACH HOME OWNER FOR FIRE SUPPRESSION THAT IS PART OF THE DEVELOPMENT COST? I DIDN'T SEE FIRE SUPPRESSION SYSTEMS ON THE WORK SHEET OF COST FOR THE RESIDENT FOR A PID FINANCED DEVELOPMENT VERSUS A NON-PID FINANCED DEVELOPMENT. WE CAN'T PICK AND CHOOSE WHAT WE SHOW ON THOSE PIECES OF PAPER. IF THIS IS A COST FOR A RESIDENT, THAT NEEDS TO BE A COST FOR A RESIDENT.

>> THAT COST IS BAKED INTO THE FINISHED HOME PRICE THAT THE BUILDER DELIVERS TO THE HOMEOWNER.

>> THE 300,000 BELOW MARKET PRICE BECAUSE IT'S FINANCED BY A

PID. >> THE INFRASTRUCTURE IS

FINANCED THROUGH PID YES. >> I THINK EVERYBODY KNOWS MY OPINION. I'LL ASK FOR OTHER PEOPLE'S

COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS. >> SO WE DON'T KNOW PRICE OF

THAT? >> I CAN ASK A BUILDER AND DETERMINE WHAT THAT PRICE WOULD BE.

WHEN CHIEF HOWARD AND I HAD A DISCUSSION ABOUT THAT --

>> IS HE AROUND BECAUSE IT'S NOT PART OF THEIR DEVELOPMENT COST.

>> THE POINT I'M TRYING TO MAKE IS THAT WASN'T A REQUIREMENT WHICH THE ONLY WAY IT WOULDN'T BE A REQUIREMENT I WOULD SAY THROUGH LOOKING AT IT WOULD PROBABLY COST MY ASSUMPTION AROUND 4,000 PER HOME WHICH IS WHAT I'VE STUDIED AND SEEN.

NOT SAYING THAT IS TRUE OR NOT. LET'S SAY THAT IS TRUE F. YOU BUILT A FIRE STATION WITH THAT MONEY, YOU WOULDN'T HAVE TO INSTALL ATATH FIRE SUPPRESSION SYSTEMMENTS THAT'S STILL A COST TO THE HOMEOWNER. THAT IS MY POINT.

THAT IS WHAT FIRE SUPPRESSION SYSTEMS ARE COST.

NOT SAYING THAT IS TRUE OR NOT OR THAT'S ACCURATE, THAT'S WHAT

I'VE SEEN. >> I WOULD ANTICIPATE THAT NUMBER IS HIGH. PROBABLY LOOKING AT RETRO FITTING AN EXISTING BUILDING AS OPPOSED TO SOMETHING THAT IS GOING ON. IF YOU DON'T REPLACE YOUR AIR CONDITIONING UNIT IT'S GOING TO COST $10,000.

IT DOESN'T COST THAT TO PUT THEM IN BECAUSE THEY ARE DOING IT LARGE SCALE. COST IS PROBABLY LOWER THAN THAT. JUST A GUESS.

[01:10:01]

EDUCATED GUESS. >> I DON'T WANT AN EDUCATED GUESS BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW THE COST TO INSTALL THEM.

I'VE HEARD FROM $2 TO 350 A SQUARE FOOT OVER THE YEARS.

BUT I DON'T KNOWFUL I DON'T HAVE A GUESS.

>> OTHER QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS FROM COUNCIL.

>> I AGREE THE MAYOR. WE NEED TO SEE THE NUMBERS OF WHAT THAT PID COVERS AND WE HAVE ASKED FOR IT.

I KNOW AT LEAST TWO OR THREE TIMES.

I WOULD AGREE WITH HER. I WOULD NOT BE READY TO APPROVE THIS WITHOUT SEEING THE NUMBERS. I LOVE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE.

I WOULD SAY WRAPPING THIS UP, WE DON'T HAVE THE EXACT NUMBERS OF WHAT THE AMENITIES COST. I THINK THE AMENITIES THEY HAVE SHOWN TONIGHT WOULD BRING A LOT OF VALUE TO THIS PARTICULAR DEVELOPMENT. IT'S BEEN IN THE WORKS FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS NOT THE TYPICAL WAY WE'VE DONE DEVELOPMENTS IN THIS CITY.

WE'VE GOTTEN HERE AND THROUGH DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT I THINK THINGS ARE LOOKING GOOD ON THIS. THEY'VE BEEN WORKING VERY CLOSELY WITH STAFF AND I THINK THEY'VE MADE GREAT STRIDES THROUGH HERE. IT WOULD BE A SHAME TO SOUR A DEAL AND NOT THAT PUBLIC SAFETY IS ANYTHING TO SOUR A DEAL OVER BUT THIS CAN GO GUARD WITHOUT A FIRE STATION THERE.

IF WE'RE GOING TO SOUR A DEAL AND HAVE MORE EXPENSIVE HOMES AND NOT HAVE THE AMENITIES IN A DEVELOPMENT WE WOULD BE PROUD OF IN THIS CITY BECAUSE IT WAS NOT THE RIGHT WAY WE WENT ABOUT THIS DEVELOPMENT FROM THE BEGINNING OR BECAUSE WE'RE GOING TO DRAW A LINE IN THE SAND IF THERE IS NOT A FIRE STATION I'M NOT GOING TO APPROVE ANYTHING. I HOPE WE LOOK AT WHAT IS GOING TO BE THE BEST FOR THE RESIDENTS ARE EVENTUALLY GOING TO LIVE THERE. I THINK AMENITIES, A LOT OF HOMES BUILT AROUND THE METROPLEX, A LOT OF SINGLE FAMILY TRACKS LIKE THIS DON'T HAVE INERTLY AMENITIES THIS SOMEONE GOING TO HAVE. I GO BACK TO THE WATER VIEW EXAMPLE. THIS WATER VIEW COURSE WAS BUILT AROUND A GOLF COURSE. A LOT OF BIG HOME DEVELOPMENTS BUILT AROUND THE METROPLEX AND WE'RE NOT BUILDING THOSE ANYMORE. WE'RE NOT BUILDING GOLF COURSES ANYMORE. THAT WAS FUNDED THROUGH BONDS THROUGH THE CITY. THAT IS MY TWO CENTS.

>> I'M GOING THE PAM NEXT. JUST A COMMENT ON WHAT YOU JEST SAID. I TAKE EXCEPTION TO YOUR COMMENT IF WE'RE GOING TO SOUR THIS DEAL BECAUSE IT WAS NOT DONE THE WAY I THINK IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE.

YOU'VE HEARD ME SAY THAT MANY TIMES.

THAT DOESN'T MEAN I'M GOING TO SOUR THE DEAL BECAUSE OF THAT.

WHEN I'VE ASKED REPEATEDLY FOR THE SAME INFORMATION AND AT THE LAST COUNCIL MEETING BEFORE THIS DEVELOPMENT MEETING -- INFORMATION. THAT'S MY POINT ON THAT.

>> DO I AGREE WITH MATT. WE NEED TO IT'S A BEAUTIFUL COMMUNITY THE WAY THEY SET IT UP.

THE AMENITIES ARE AWESOME. AND I DO BELIEVE THAT THE HOMEOWNERS WILL GO AHEAD AND PUT THE SUPPRESSION SYSTEM IN AND WILL NOT COST AS MUCH. IT WON'T COST 4,000.

MAYBE IF YOU WERE JUST PUTTING ANYTIME YOUR HOUSE NOW IT WILL BE 4,000. IT WON'T BE THAT MUCH.

AND PEOPLE IF THEY HAD A CHOICE, I THINK THEY WOULD TAKE IT.

ESPECIALLY BECAUSE THERE IS NOT A FIRE STATION AROUND.

AND A PID WILL NOT PAY FOR A FIRE STATION.

WE GOT THAT SITUATED AN HOPE EVERYBODY UNDERSTANDS THAT.

IT PAYS FOR INFRASTRUCTURE ONLY. THAT'S MY POINT OF VIEW.

WE NEED IT. THANK YOU.

>> THANK YOU PAM. LET'S SEE.

[01:15:03]

I'M GOING TO WHITNEY. >> THANK YOU MAYOR.

I AGREE WITH THE MAYOR THAT WE'VE BEEN ASKING FOR SOME MORE SPECIFICITY IN HOW THAT $8 MILLION PID IS GOING TO BE SPENT. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME MORE OF THOSE FIGURES JUST TO VALIDATE THIS PID AND WHETHER THE PID IS ENOUGH OR WHETHER YOU HAVE ENOUGH MONEY IN THERE TO DO WHAT YOU PLAN TO ACCOMPLISH. IT'S LIKE THE PROOF IS IN THE PUNCH. THE SECOND THING IS THAT THE NEGOTIATIONS ARE ALREADY MY UNDERSTANDING IS THAT NEGOTIATIONS ARE UNDER WAY FOR THE WHOLE FIRE STATION CONCEPT.

AND I DON'T THINK WE SHOULD STOP THAT.

I THINK THAT SHOULD CONTINUE AND I'M INTERESTED IN SEEING WHAT THAT LOOKS LIKE AT THE NEXT COUNCIL MEETING WHEN THIS WILL

BE BROUGHT UP. >> I WANTED TO MAKE A FINAL

STATEMENT. >> IS IT ABOUT A FIRE STATION?

>> IT'S OVERALL CLOSING. SO I AGREE WITH THE MAYOR AS WELL IN THAT THIS IS THE THIRD OR FOURTH TIME WE'VE ASKED REPEATEDLY FOR THE SAME INFORMATION.

AND HERE WE ARE WITHOUT ANY OF THAT.

SO I THINK I REALLY WOULDN'T COME BACK TO THIS COUNCIL UNTIL YOU HAVE ALL OF THAT. BECAUSE THIS WOULD BE THE FIFTH TIME OR FOURTH TIME. THEN I WOULD SAY YEAH PID WILL NOT COVER THE COST OF THE FIRE STATION.

BUT THE FIRE STATION SHOULD BE A REQUIREMENT EITHER WAY BECAUSE OF ALMOST 800 RESIDENT BEING THERE ANYWAY 15 MINUTE OR MORE RESPONSE TIME. I DIDN'T LOOK AND AGAIN TO QUOTE BUT $1.35 A SQUARE FOOT FOR FIRE SUPPRESSION TO BUILD ALONG WITH THE RESIDENTS, NOT ADDING AFTER. THOSE ARE MY COMMENTS.

WITHOUT ANY OF THE DETAILS, I THINK IT'S TOO RISKY TO SAY YES

TO A PID AT THIS POINT. >> I'M SEEING PRESTON'S HAND

RAISED. >> THANK YOU MAYOR.

I WANT TO ADDRESS BRIEFLY THE NUMBERS THAT YOU ARE REQUESTING.

TWO THINGS. WE'VE TRIED TO OUTLINE AND RICK CAN SPEAK TO THIS , THE TOTAL VALUE THAT COULD GO INTO THE PID. HE HAS A TOTAL NUMBER.

WE HAD AN ESTIMATE WE PROVIDED IN MARCH.

AND WHEN WE LEFT THE MARCH MEETING WE WORKED WITH STAFF TO IDENTIFY WHAT NEEDED TO GO INTO THAT AND WHAT ENHANCEMENTS.

RATHER THAN RUNNING DOWN A LOST TRAIL, WE WANTED TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE WAS HAPPY WITH WHAT WE WERE PROVIDING BEFORE WE PUT DOLLARS TO IT AND SAID HERE IS WHAT THIS WILL COST AND HERE IS THE INFRASTRUCTURE COST. I THINK I'M HEARING YOU ARE HAPPY WITH WHAT HAS BEEN BROUGHT BACK AND THE ADDITIONAL ENHANCE WHICHS. IF THAT'S THE CASE, WE CAN PUT PEN TO PAPER AND BRING DOLLAR VALUE TO THAT.

>> RICK, IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME SPEAKING COULD YOU STATE

YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS. >> RICK ROSENBURG, 8140 NORTH MILL PACK EXPRESSWAY AUSTIN, TEXAS.

THANK YOU COUNCIL. I THINK AS PRESTON SAID WE CAN IDENTIFY COST OF THE SPECIFIC ENHANCEMENTS THAT HAVE BEEN PROPOSED ABOVE AND BEYOND THE FORM BASED CODE.

THE OTHER FACTOR TO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT IS THERE ARE -- $7 MILLION. DOLLARS EFFECTIVELY BECOME FUNDABLE. WE CAN PICK AND CHOOSE WHAT THE PID IS FUNDING. 80% OF THE COST BEING FUNDED BY THE DEVELOPER OUTSIDE OF THE PID.

>> AS IT SHOULD BE. >> RIGHT.

UNDERSTOOD. BUT WE TYPICALLY WILL THROUGH FINANCING PROCESS IDENTIFY THE SPECIFIC LINE ITEMS WE WANT THE PID TO BE FINANCING AS SUP IN THE SAP.

WE CAN WORK TO PUT TOGETHER THE COST OF THE ENHANCEMENTS AND COMPARE THAT TO THE COST OF THE TOTAL PROJECT.

>> WE NEED TO SEE THE SERVICE AND ASSESSMENT PLAN FOR A PID TO APPROVE A PID. IT'S AS SIMPLE AS THAT.

>> I'M HAPPY TO DRAFT A PLAN. VERY OFTEN THE CITY'S WANT THEIR

[01:20:04]

OWN STAFF TO DRAFT THAT. >> YOU ARE ASKING FOR A PID TO HELP WITH DEVELOPMENT COST BECAUSE OF ENHANCEMENTS MADE TO THIS DEVELOPMENT. IT'S WHAT HAS BEEN SOLD TO US

SINCE THE PID WAS INTRODUCED. >> UNDERSTOOD.

WE'RE HAPPY TO PREPARE A DRAFT. >> NORMALLY A PID DETAILS OF A PID ARE DETAILED AND DETERMINED BEFORE A COUNCIL APPROVED A PID.

>> I WOULD SAY THAT IS SOMETIMES BUT NT ALL THE TIME.

WE'RE HAPPY TO DRAFT ASAP AND HAVE THAT DONE IN THE NEXT FEW

DAYS. >> WE'VE BEEN HERE MANY TIMES

ASKING THE SAME THING. >> DID YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE?

>> THAT WAS MY POINT. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

>> COUNCIL OR BRIAN, ANYTHING ELSE?

>> MAYOR THE ONLY COMMENT I WANT TO MAKE IS THIS.

THE LAST MEETING WHAT I BROUGHT UP AND WHAT I REMEMBER ASKED JUST A LACK OF SPECIFICITY OF WHAT THE PID WAS GOING TO COVER.

AND I DO UNDERSTAND AND I AGREE WHAT DREW SAID.

I DON'T THINK THERE WAS A EXPECTATION THAT THE PID WAS GOING TO BUILD THIS FIRE STATION WHICH IS REALLY NOT JUST FOR THIS ONE NEIGHBORHOOD BUT ALSO FOR AN AREA, A ZONE OF COVERAGE.

I GET THAT PART WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT.

I AM STILL CONCERNED WITH FIRE COVERAGE UP THERE.

AND I HAVE BEEN ALL ALONG. AND THE CHIEF AND I HAVE HAD QUITE A FEW CONVERSATIONS ABOUT IT.

WHETHER THE STATION SHOULD BE THERE OR BUILT SOMEWHERE ELSE, I'M STILL VERY CONCERNED ABOUT THAT.

I WOULD FEEL MUCH BETTER IF THERE WAS A SUPPRESSION REQUIREMENT FOR EVERY HOUSE UP THERE.

BUT IF THERE IS NOT GOING TO BE, AT SOME POINT WE MAY HAVE TO BUY SOME LEVEL OF COVERAGE OUT THERE.

FOR ME IT KEEPS COMING BACK TO I UNDERSTAND THE DEVELOPMENT CAN HAPPEN. I UNDERSTAND WHAT HE WAS GETTING AT. ON THE OTHER HAND WE DON'T HAVE TO APPROVE A PID. IF WE DON'T APPROVE A PID WE MAY NOT GET THE EXTRA ENHANCEMENTS THAT WE THINK A PROJECT LIKE THAT WOULD BE MORE ATTRACTIVE. THERE WAS A BIT OF A QUANDARY IN THAT REGARD. MY MAIN THING IS I'M CONCERNED ABOUT FIRE COVERAGE. I'M NOT AS CONCERNED ABOUT SOME OF THE OTHER THINGS THAT OTHER SERVICES THAT THE CITY WOULD HAVE TO PROVIDE. BUT THAT IS ONE AREA AND IT'S A FLAG RIGHT OFF THE CORE CITY LIMBS THAT STICKS OUT THERE.

AND WITH THIS MANY HOMES AND THE VALUE OF THE HOMES AND PEOPLE LIVING IN THERE, THERE NEEDS TO BE SOME EXPECTATION THAT WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PROVIDE COVERAGE OUT THERE SOMEHOW.

>> ONE OF THE OTHER THINGS THAT IS IMPORTANT IS EMS SERVICE TO THAT AREA. EVEN WAY SUPPRESSION SYSTEM WE STILL HAVE A CHALLENGE PROVIDE EMS COVERAGE IN THAT AREA UNDER A TEN MINUTE RESPONSE TIME. THAT'S JUST SOMETHING TO

CONSIDER. >> I WAS ACTUALLY GOING TO BRING UP WHAT CHIEF HOWARD SAID. THE RESPONSE TIME UP THERE DOES NOT MEET NFPA1710 STANDARDS IN ANY WAY SHAPE AND FORM FOR BOTH FIRE AND EMS. THIS DISCUSSION IS NOT JUST ABOUT PUTTING A FIRE TRUCK IN PLACE.

IT ALSO PUTTING THE PARAMEDICS IN PLACE THAT WILL BE ABLE TO GET TO THE FRONT DOOR OF A HOUSE WITHIN FOUR MINUTES.

THAT IS THE TIME PERIOD THAT WE HAVE TO BE ABLE TO MEET.

WE'RE NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO MEET UNLESS WE HAVE APPARATUS IN

THAT LOCATION. >> WHICH TO MATT'S POINT IS IRRELEVANT. THEY COULD PUT THE DEVELOPMENT

THERE. >> IT STILL BECOMES OUR ISSUE TO

DEAL WITH. >> ABSOLUTELY.

[01:25:01]

>> WE'RE BEING ASKED TO BREXIT ENTER INTO A DEVELOPMENT

AGREEMENT FOR A PID. >> THE NEGOTIATIONS THAT ARE HAPPENING ARE TAKING A LOOK AT BOTH OF THOSE ISSUES AT THE SAME TIME. SO MY POINT IS THOSE NEGOTIATIONS STILL NEED TO CONTINUE.

>> OK. DO YOU WANT TO CLOSE THIS?

>> SURE. I THINK I UNDERSTAND WHAT OUR NEXT STEPS ARE. I WILL SAY THAT FROM A PERSPECTIVE OF WHERE WE WERE A FEW MONTHS AGO TO WHERE WE ARE NOW FROM A DEVELOPMENT STANDPOINT, NOT THE FINANCIAL ASPECT OF IT, THE INTENT WAS TO CREATE A DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT.

AND BECAUSE WE DID APPROVE THE PID ON THE 17TH WITH THE CAVEAT THAT WE WOULD HAVE A PID SOLUTION AGREEMENT AS WELL.

IF WE WERE NOT ABLE TO COME TO A CONCLUSION WITH THE DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT SCHEDULED FOR JULY 7. I BELIEVE PRESTON AND HIS TEAM HAVE INDICATED THEY CAN PROVIDE A DRAFT SERVICE AND ASAYSMENT PLAN. I KNOW WE DID ASK FOR THAT PREVIOUSLY. WITH WHAT THEY ARE PROPOSING AND DISCUSSING THE PROCESS, THEY FELT THIS MIGHT BE THE COURSE OF ACTION NOW. I THINK WE KNOW WHAT THE ELEMENTS NECESSARY TO BRING FORWARD ON THE JULY 7 MEETING TO DISCUSS THE HOW THE DOLLARS PLAY WITH THE ENHANCEMENTS WITH THE SPECIAL AMENITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT.

HOPEFULLY WE'LL BE ABLE TO BRING THAT FORWARD.

WE'RE TALKING TO THE DEVELOPER ABOUT OPPORTUNITIES AS IT RELATES TO AN EMS SLASH FIRE FACILITY.

WE HOPE THE CLOSE THE LOOP BY THE SEVENTH AND MESSAGE RECEIVED

LOUD AND CLEAR. >> ANY OTHER DISCUSSION ANYONE? I THINK WITH THAT THANK YOU FOR BEING HERE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.

YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO STAY BUT YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO SIGN OFF ALSO. AND WE WILL MOVE TO ITEM 3,C

[3C. Discuss the (re)development status of the property located at 7401 Liberty Grove Road and whether preservation criteria are applicable to the 2-acre site. (20 minutes)]

DISCUSS THE REDEVELOPMENT STATUS OF THE PROPERTY LOCATED AT 7101 LIBERTY GROVE ROAD AND WHETHER PRESERVATION CRITERIA ARE APPLICABLE TO THE TWO ACRE SITE. I'M GOING TO SAY A COUPLE OF COMMENTS BEFORE YOU TAKE THIS DISCUSSION.

I ASKED THIS ITEM BE PUT ON THE AGENDA BECAUSE THERE HAS BEEN SOCIAL MEDIA DISCUSSION IN THE COMMUNITY ABOUT THIS PARTICULAR HOME AND SUPPOSED PLANS TO TEAR UTFA DOWN IN THE VENEER FUTURE AND SEVERAL PEOPLE REACHING OUT THE ME AS MAYOR ASKING ME TO CONSIDER THE CITY STEPPING IN AND POTENTIALLY PRESERVING THIS HOME. AND I'VE MADE PUBLIC COMMENTS ON SOCIAL MEDIA I PERSONALLY AM CONCERNED ABOUT THAT BECAUSE OF THE COST INVOLVED OF POTENTIALLY PRESERVING THAT HOME AND MOVING IT. AND ESPECIALLY IN LIGHT OF THE SITUATION WE'RE IN FROM A REVENUE LOSS STANDPOINT DUE TO PANDEMIC ETC. BUT THAT IS NOT MY DECISION.

AND I FELT IT WAS VERY IMPORTANT TO HAVE A COUNCIL DISCUSSION ABOUT IT. BUT THERE IS NO PROPOSAL OUT THERE. THERE IS NOTHING FORMAL OUT THERE OTHER THAN RESIDENTS JUST COMING TO ME AND SAYING PLEASE

CONSIDER PRESERVING THIS. >> THE GOAL TODAY IS TO PROVIDE A BRIEFING ON THIS SUBJECT PROPERTY WHAT THE DEVELOPMENT STATUS IS OF THE PROPERTY AND THEN TALK A LITTLE BIT ABOUT NATIONAL REGISTRIES LANDMARKING PROPERTY AND PRESERVATION

[01:30:04]

IMPLICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS. THIS IS A TWO ACRE PROPERTY AS YOU CAN SEE ABUTS ON LIBERTY GROVE ROAD.

WHAT IS ON YOUR SCREEN RIGHT NOW FOR TO YOU VIEW ARE THREE L OF RECORD. THREE FUTURE LOTS OF RECORD PROPOSED ON THAT SITE. BASED ON DCAD INFORMATION THERE IS AN EXISTING HOME ON THAT SUBJECT PROPERTY AT THE CORNER OF LIBERTY GROVE ROAD THAT WAS CONSTRUCTED IN 1955.

AND THE TOTAL APPRAISED VALUE THAT IS THE STRUCTURE AND THE LAND IS $195,000. THE PROPERTY ALSO HAS A FEW ACCESSORY STRUCTURES YOU CAN SEE.

THOSE ARE THE ROOFTOPS YOU SEE ON THE IMAGE ON YOUR SCREEN.

THEY ARE REFLECTED THAN PROPERTY.

AND BASED ON OUR RESEARCH, THERE ARE NO PERMIT RECORDS THAT GO BEYOND 2005 IN TERMS OF DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITY ON THE SITE. THE PROPERTY IS FORM BASE CODE COMMERCIAL CENTER. PRIOR TO THAT IT WAS ZONED MIXED USE W. THE ADOPTION OF THE NORTH SHORE COMPONENT CENTER FOR PROMISING INDUSTRY AND ADOPTION OF FORM BASE CODE IN ORDER TO MEET THAT TRANSITION PROPERTY WAS REZONED TO FORM BASE CODE COMMERCIAL CENTER. THESE ARE JUST SOME SCREEN SHOTS SO EVERYBODY CAN SEE WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT IN TERMS OF WHAT IS ON THE PROPERTY RIGHT NOW. YOU CAN SEE SOME TREE GROWTH AND THE STRUCTURE ITSELF WITH A GRAVEL PARKING DRIVEWAY AND ACCESSORY STRUCTURES. LET'S TALK ABOUT DEVELOPMENT INTEREST ON THIS PROPERTY. THERE HAS BEEN SOME.

WE'VE HAD AN OPPORTUNITY FROM A DEVELOPMENT STANDPOINT TO SPEAK WITH A FEW INDIVIDUALS. AND WE HAD AN INTEREST IN THE SITE BEING DEVELOPED WITH A DOG DAYCARE FACILITY.

AT THE JANUARY 7 MEETING THE COUNCIL APPROVED RELATED TO WINDOW PERCENTAGES. IT WAS DEVIATING HOW MUCH CLEAR WINDOW SOUL BE ON EACH ELEVATION AND THAT WAS APPROVED.

AS I SHOWED YOU ON THE PREVIOUS SLIDE THIS TRACT SHOWS THREE PHASES. DEMOLITION OF A SINGLE FAMILY HOME WAS SHOWN ON THE SITE PLAN AS PART THREE OF THE OVERALL DEVELOPMENT. THE DEVELOPER HAS INDICATED TO US THAT THE STRUCTURE WILL REMAIN AND WILL BE CARVED OUT DURING THE PLATTING STAGE AND MADE A SEPARATE LOT OF RECORD.

DRAWINGS HAVE BEEN CONDITIONALLY APPROVED.

THEY'VE NOT BEEN ALEASED YET BECAUSE WE'RE PENDING A CONSTRUCTION MEETENING TO PROMPT.

AND TO DATE THERE ARE NO PLANS TO DEMOLISH THE HOUSE.

IT'S BEEN A WHILE SINCE WE'VE HEARD BACK FROM THE DEVELOPER SO WE DON'T KNOW STATUS YET OF THE DEVELOPMENT PROCESS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SITE. I DO KNOW THE SITE IS FOR SALE.

AS THE MAYOR MENTIONED THERE WAS SOME CONCERN EXPRESSED THAT THE HOUSE HAD HISTORIC SIGNIFICANCE FOR THE CITY AND PERHAPS LOOK AT OPPORTUNITIES, OPTIONS OR CONSIDERATION BE GIVEN TO PRESERVING THE STRUCTURE. WE DO NOT CURRENTLY HAVE A HISTORIC PRESERVATION SO THE ABILITY TO EVALUATE AND PRESERVE THE SITE OF A HISTORIC LANDMARK IS LIMITED AT THIS TIME.

IT'S THE NATIONAL PARK SERVICES OF THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF ENTIRE THAT CREATES THESE NATIONAL STANDARDS AND GUIDELINES FOR PRESERVATION, LANDMARKING, REHABILITATING AND RESTORING.

MOST COMMUNITIES USE THAT AS A FRAMEWORK AND BUILD UPON THAT TO CREATE A HISTORIC PRESERVATION. EACH PROPERTY IS RECOGNIZED AS A PHYSICAL RECORD OF ITS TIME, ITS PLACE AND USE.

I'M NOT GOING TO GO FLAW ENTIRE LIST.

BUT I DID WANT TO HAVE A SLIDE UP TO TALK ABOUT WHAT ARE THESE EXAMPLES WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT LANDMARKING OR LANDMARK DESIGNATION. THE CHARACTER, INTEREST OR VALUE AS PART OF THE DEVELOPMENT, HERITAGE OR CULTURAL CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CITY, RECOGNITION AS RECORDED STATE HISTORIC LANDMARK. REFLECTS A DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTIC. A LOT OF ELEMENTS THAT ARE USED

[01:35:01]

AND YOU CAN USE THESE TO BUILD THAT STORY IF YOU DO WANT TO LEAN IN THAT DIRECTION OR BUILD THAT TYPE OF PROGRAM.

VALUE AS AN ASPECT OF COMMUNITY PUBLIC PRIDE.

THE IMPORTANCE OF THE EVENT WOULD HAVE TO BE DEMONSTRATED.

DOCUMENTATION. RECORD, SURVEYS, OLD TOWN SURVEYS. ALL OF THOSE WOULD HAVE TO BE LOOKED INTO. THE STYLE OF THE HOME FOR EXAMPLE. AND A FEW YEARS AGO ANY STRUCTURE COULD BE LANDMARKED IF IT DID QUALIFY AND IF YOU DID HAVE A PROGRAM I DO WANT TO TAMNY MENTIONED AND WE TALKED ABOUT THAT THE CITY RELOCATED TWO BUILDINGS.

THE HOUSE IS RELOCATED APPROXIMATELY 2010, 2011 LANDSCAPING IS APPROXIMATELY $7,000 ANNUALLY.

THE BUILDING WAS RELOCATED TWICE IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN.

ONE WAS TO ACCOMMODATE MAINSTREET AND WHEN IT WAS RELOCATED CLOSER TO CITY HALL. THE NEXT IS WHERE IT IS NOW.

>> WITH THAT I'LL TRY AND ANSWER QUESTIONS.

I WANTED TO GIVE SYNOPSIS OF WHAT THE STATUS OF THAT PROPERTY

IS. >> I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE WE HAVE A DISCUSSION COUNCIL IF THERE IS ANY INTEREST IN LOOKING AT THIS FURTHER OR NOT. THAT'S REALLY THE QUESTION I

WANTED TO RAISE. >> I GUESS A LOT OF PEOPLE KNOW AND IF YOU DON'T MERIT HOUSE, BUT THE ROAD WAS NAMED FROM THAT FAMILY. I GUESS MY QUESTION IS IF WE KEPT THAT HOUSE, WHAT IN THE WORLD WOULD DOE WITH IT.

ARE YOU GOING CONDUCT TOURS OR IS IT GOING TO BE LIKE THE CARL HOUSE WHERE PEOPLE CAN RENT IT OUT? I'M JUST WONDERING WHAT YOU WOULD DO WITH IT THERE.

I THINK ABOUT MOVING IT, THAT HOUSE MAY NOT MOVE TOO WELL.

[01:40:09]

>> WE DON'T ARE V THE PARAMETERS IN POLICE STATION TO MAKE THAT HAPPEN EITHER. THERE ARE OTHER OPTION OUT THERE. I DON'T THINK THE CITY COULD HAVE INVOLVEMENT IN THAT PROCESS BECAUSE OF NOT ONLY COST BUT ABILITY AND TO MOVE IT AND MAINTAIN IT.

>> I AGREE WITH YOU. ONE THING THAT IS A CONCERN TO ME IS THAT WHEN WE MOVED THE COLD HOUSE THERE WAS SOME FUNDING THERE, PRIVATE FUNDING TO BE ABLE TO DO IT.

AND THERE WAS SOME INTEREST FROM THE FAMILY IT WAS MOVED TO A PARK. AT ONE TIMETABLE CITY HAD A HISTORICAL SOCIETY BUT WE DON'T HAVE THAT NOW.

AND THEN YOU COMBINE THIS WITH WE'RE AT A PLACE WHERE WE'RE TRYING TO PRIORITIZE AND OUR BUDGET RIGHT NOW BECAUSE OF OUR SHORT FALLS WITH COVID. I DON'T SEE THE SUPPORT FOR PRIVATE FUNDING TO BE ABLE TO DO SOMETHING.

I DON'T THINK THE CITY COULD BEAR THE WHOLE BURDEN OF THAT.

IT'S UNFORTUNATE BUT I JUST THINK THAT IS REALITY OF WHERE

WE'RE AT RIGHT NOW. >> IT DOESN'T STOP ANYBODY FROM GOING DOWN A PRIVATE FUNDING ROUTE.

THE QUESTION IS DO WE AS A CITY INVESTIGATE ANYTHING FROM A CITY

STANDPOINT. >> I THINK THE ANSWER FOR ME THE

NO. >> ANY OTHER COMMENTS DISMANS.

>> DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INTEREST IN GOING DOWN THIS ROAD FURTHER THEY'RE WOULD LIKE TO VOICE THAT AT THIS TIME? AND I JUST DIDN'T WANT TO BE REPRESENTING SOMETHING ON BEHALF OF THE CITY WE HADN'T HAD A CHANCE TO TALK THROUGH AND REALLY MAKE A DECISION ON BASE ON THE INFORMATION WE HAVE TODAY. ANY OTHER QUESTIONS? COMMENTS FROM ANYBODY? WE'LL CONSIDER THAT PUT TO REST FROM A CITY SUPPORT STANDPOINT. THE NEXT AND LAST ITEM ON THE

[3D. Discuss appointments to the City Council Committee on Intergovernmental Affairs. (15 minutes)]

WORK SESSION IS 3D, DISCUSS APPOINTMENTS TO THE CITY COUNCIL COMMITTEE ON INTERGOVERNMENTAL AFFAIRS.

MY MEMORY IS WE DECIDED NOT TO KEEP THE INTERGOVERNMENTAL AFFAIRS COMMITTEE. THEY WANTED TO PRESENT TO OUR COMMITTEE, WE DON'T HAVE A COMMITTEE.

I'M NOT SURE IF WE WANT TO FORM A COMMITTEE OR IF WE WANT TO DUAL FUNCTION AN EXISTING COMMITTEE.

SO THAT IS REALLY THE DISCUSSION.

MARK, I GUESS IT WOULD BE YOU. CAN YOU TELL US WHAT THEY WERE SPECIFICALLY WANTING TO PRESENT? THEY APPROACHED US FOR AN UPDATE

[01:45:13]

ON THE SAFETY PROTOCOLS ESPECIALLY AS IT RELATES TO WORK BEING DONE WITH ALL OF THE VARIOUS RESTRICTIONS THAT HAVE BEEN PLACED AN SUBSEQUENTLY LIFTED THROUGH STAY AT HOME ORDERS AND OTHER SUCH ORDERS THAT HAVE BEEN IN PLACE.

THEY MADE THIS PRESENTATION TO A COUPLE OF OTHER LOCAL COUNCILS AND STAFF AND WERE DOG DO THE AO THE SAME HERE.

>> DO WE WANT TO DUAL PURPOSE AN EXISTING COMMITTEE OR WANT STUFF LIKE THIS TO GO TO A FULL COUNCIL PRESENTATION WHICH ISN'T NECESSARILY NECESSARY? DO WE WANT TO FORM AN INTERGOVERNMENTAL AFFAIRS COMMIT AGAIN OR PUT THIS ON WHITNEY'S WHAT IS THE NAME OF YOUR COMMITTEE?

>> I WAS THINKING THAT MAYBE THAT WOULD BE APPROPRIATE FORC OAD SINCE IT RELATES TO THEIR SAFETY ACTIONS THAT THEY TOOK PLACE. IF I'M UNDERSTANDING WHAT MARK JUST SAID. THAT HAS A DIRECT RELATIONSHIP WITH SOME OF THE THINGS THEY ARE DOING AND RESOURCES THEY ARE OFFERING ON THEIR PAGE. THAT DISCUSSION COULD HAPPEN AT COAD EASILY AND BE REPORTED BACK TO COUNCIL.

EITHER THEY'RE SIDE OR THEN YOU COULD PAIR IT MAYBE WITH THE

GOVERNMENTAL AFFAIRS COMMITTEE. >> THAT'S WHAT I WAS THINKING.

>> AND HAVE IT DONE THERE. WE COULD INVITE SOMEONE FROM COAD TO COME IF WE NEEDED TO TO HEAR THAT PRESENTATION.

>> I WANTED COUNCIL COUNCIL HAVE THIS DISCUSSION AND NOT ME TO

MAKE THIS DECISION. >> WHEN THIS REQUEST FIRST CAME, WE HAD BEHIND THE SCENES DISCUSSIONS ON IT.

WE ARE GOING TO NEED TO STARTSE- HAVING CONVERSATIONS ABOUT OUR AGENDA, OUR AGENDA FOR THE UP COMING SESSION.

MY THOUGHT WAS DO YOU WANT TO DO THIS WITH THIS GROUP SO THEY CAN START THIS WORK OR IS THAT SOMETHING YOU BRING STRAIGHT TO COUNCIL AND HAVE THOSE DISCUSSIONS? THAT IS ONE THING I WAS THINKING OF.

>> I THOUGHT WE DID APPOINT A LEGISLATIVE FAIRS COMMITTEE AND

WHITNEY IT WAS CHAIR. >> I THINK IT WAS MARTHA AND

YOURSELF. >> I WOULD FEEL LIKE THAT WOULD BE APPROPRIATE FOR THE GOVERNMENTAL AFFAIRS COMMITTEE TO TAKE ON. BRIAN IS RIGHT, IT'S TIME TO START FORMULATING THAT LEGISLATIVE ACTION LIST THAT WE

NEED TO PURSUE FOR NEXT YEAR. >> I DON'T THINK IT'S CALLED

GOVERNMENTAL AFFAIRS THOUGH. >> I DON'T REMEMBER EITHER.

BUT AND IF YOU FEEL COAD SHOULD BE INVITED, WE CAN DO THAT.

>>

>> TO MEET WITH OUR INTERGOVERNMENTAL AFFAIRS COMMITTEE OR RELATIONS COMMITTEE WHICHEVER SOMEONE CALLED.

LET'S RETAIN THIS WITH GOVERNMENT AL FAIRS COMMITTEE.

AND WE NEED TO CALL A MEETING FOR THAT AS WELL AS TO START

[01:50:03]

TALKING ABOUT THE LEGISLATIVE PRIMARIES.

>> ONE THING I MENTIONED TO BRIAN A FEW WEEKS AGO WAS I THINK WE NEED HIM TO START DESIGNATING THE RIGHT STAFF TO HELP WITH THE PROCESS OF LEGISLATIVE PRIORITIES.

IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR. >> DID YOU FIND OFFICIAL?

>> STILL LOOKING. >> IS THAT OK WITH NERVE.

EVERYONE?>> UH-HUH. COUNCIL IF YOU WOULD LOOK AT THE CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS AND SEE IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU WANT PULLED OR IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO ADDRESS SINCE WE HAVE A FEW EXTRA MINUTES. I WILL TAKE THAT AS A NO. IT IS ONLY 7:16. WE CAN TAKE A LITTLE BIT OF A BREAK AND RECONVENE AT 7:30 AND START THE REGULAR SESSION IF THAT'S ALL RIGHT WITH EVERYBODY. THANK YOU.

WE'LL TAKE A BREAK. >> SHOULD WE JUST STAY ON THE

SESSION? >> STAY PLEASE.

>>

* This transcript was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.